Hacking Configurable USB Loader

NathanFiscus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Does the newest version (cfg70MODr65) support direct mapping for devolution r200+? I am a huge fan of CFG, having used it on the Wii for the longest time & now using it on vWii. I would rather not switch to another loader if I can change the button mapping with classic controllers.

From what I have read, USB Loader GX is the only loader with definitive support for direct mapping.

Please don't kill me if this has already been answered... I searched the forums & this thread specifically, but couldn't find a definite answer.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the advice. I think you could have been spot on about the covers. I'm now using a hard drive with a Y Cable on my Wii U with no covers downloaded and so far so good. I'm going to see what happens when I put my 128gb flash drive back on with no covers. Then I'll probably download a few games worth of covers to see which one is causing the problem.

I'll edit with an update and try to see if it works with my standard wii as well. Was trying to keep my Wii U Legit, but seems like my Wii just turned into a Gamecube loader.

edit: So with no covers, I still get a crash using my flash drives, I'm thinking it is actually a corrupt game on the drives. I'll keep testing when I get time throughout the week.

Get the latest version of wii backup manager and use load up your drive and then go to tools > SHA-1 > verify all

You can let it run overnight if you want that way it can verify all your games for you and it will show you what ones are corrupt if any.

It could also be a corrupt drive causing your issues ,but if your using multiple drives and still having the issue then its probably the corrupt game causing it.
If you wanted to be sure you could just run chkdsk on the drives your using to see

gthirst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So an update to my problem. I've all but eliminated it being an issue with covers. I've now found that if I start the games quickly after getting into CFG, they run fine (though I've had them crash a few minutes into the game) I'm currently switching to a Seagate FreeAgent GOFlex 1tb, which I turned off the spin down for standby. For some reason, I think my flash drives are going 'to sleep'. Now, the problem is my FreeAgent isn't getting enough power from the Wii U, so I ordered a Y cable. It is working just fine on my Wii though, which is exciting.

I deleted a couple games that Wii Backup Manager had issues with, but it seems that was just from copying multiple times due to reformatting so many times. I will run chkdsk tonight.

At least I've got my Wii set up nice. It boots straight into HBC, so I use a Wavebird to select games and just use it for Gamecube loading. The Wii U with VWii will be for Wii games, since they actually do look dramatically different thanks to the switch to HDMI.

I've never heard of a PNY 128gb or a SanDisk 64gb flash drive having a 'stand by' mode or anything like that. I'm trying to look for a firmware tool to maybe turn that off. I just can't see how it never effected me before.

edit:
After putting my FreeAgent through the paces, it is running flawlessly on the Wii original as far as I can tell, with any games/covers downloaded. The Wii U can't read it though, the drive just flashes continunally. So now, I'm back at the modded Wii and the legit Wii U basically, which was my original goal.

CHKDSK is 43% complete and removed 2 nonvalid long folder entries, nothing else so far. I guess I'll use my Wii for actual Wii games for now until I can test to see how the Y cable performs with the FreeAgent. I have a couple useless flash drives though, which is a shame.

edit 2:
CHKDSK and SHA-1 Hash check out. Must be drive incompatibility or something. I'll give it a go with a Y cable just to see.

Toziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone can help me out with the problem I posted last page I would really appreciate it or if you could just point me in the right direction. Thank you.

MattWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've seen this issue quite a bit in this thread already, but the proposed solutions haven't worked for me. I'm trying to run an NTSC backup of Super Paper Mario on a black PAL Wii through CFG. When I try to load the game, it tries to load IOS 249 and then says 'IOS reload: blocked', followed by a black screen freeze which can only be fixed by turning off the system.

I tried using WiiFlow as a test and it also came up with a black freeze screen. I also used d2x cIOS installer to try and fix the problem, which didn't work. I have tried launching the game forcing PAL 50, PAL 60 and NTSC aswell as game default and system default, all of which showed the same 'IOS reload: blocked' message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've seen this issue quite a bit in this thread already, but the proposed solutions haven't worked for me. I'm trying to run an NTSC backup of Super Paper Mario on a black PAL Wii through CFG. When I try to load the game, it tries to load IOS 249 and then says 'IOS reload: blocked', followed by a black screen freeze which can only be fixed by turning off the system.

I tried using WiiFlow as a test and it also came up with a black freeze screen. I also used d2x cIOS installer to try and fix the problem, which didn't work. I have tried launching the game forcing PAL 50, PAL 60 and NTSC aswell as game default and system default, all of which showed the same 'IOS reload: blocked' message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The IOS reload blocked message is not the cause of the problem your having. It loads for any game you play and if the game is an ios reloading game then it takes care of the issue and allows you to play the game normally.

The issue your having is because your using a ntsc game on a pal console. Sounds to me like your tv is the issue and it can't process the proper signal needed for the game.

You can try a different tv with all the different video settings until you find one that works or you can get a pal rip of the game.

BattleAxeRX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-launch-a-gamecube-disc-without-system-menu.355465/

Hey everybody! I can't load GCN original Discs from CFG. I get "Devolution only accepts clean dumps". I hear that GCN mode turns off the USB ports and so on so I guess things are complicated.

I'm using v70r65

I don't know how to launch a DVD if it's possible from Priiloader v0.7 which would be fine... I just want to avoid the system menu.
Thanks, friends.

SwedishGojira

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
Could someone please help me out with instructions how to get my games from neek2o to show in the menu.
I have my nand set up and working from the neek2o-channel, i just need to get the Wiiware-games to show in cfg.
I have cfg v70r65 and I downloaded the plugins via the option in cfg.
My nand is stored in nand/pl_eu/ on my hdd.

Shermdog17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could someone please help me out with instructions how to get my games from neek2o to show in the menu.
I have my nand set up and working from the neek2o-channel, i just need to get the Wiiware-games to show in cfg.
I have cfg v70r65 and I downloaded the plugins via the option in cfg.
My nand is stored in nand/pl_eu/ on my hdd.
Open the config.txt file in your usb-loader folder.
Add this line to the config.txt

nand_emu_path = usb:/nand/pl_eu/

Edit: You also have to have a folder called plugins in your usb-loader folder. Put the mighty.dol in the plugins folder.

SwedishGojira

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
Open the config.txt file in your usb-loader folder.
Add this line to the config.txt

nand_emu_path = usb:/nand/pl_eu/

Edit: You also have to have a folder called plugins in your usb-loader folder. Put the mighty.dol in the plugins folder.
I already have all that you write in my config and plugins folder. But still no channels in the loader.
I have both mighty.dol and neek2o.dol in the plugins folder installed via usb cfg gui.

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, I too seem to be having an emu nand issue. I had my emu nand set up and was using partial emulation to keep all my save games on my SD card, and also have VC games installed to the same emu nand. The setup worked just fine for months.

After that, I spent a couple months not playing Wii games, so the SD card and the Wii have been untouched since probably June. Now, the last couple times I have went to play it (last weekend and this weekend) I suddenly have two new issues.

1) When attempting to play a Virtual Console game, the controller desyncs and will not reconnect until I reboot the Wii, meaning I am unable to play.
2) With actual Wii games, the games are no longer loading saves from the emulated nand at all (which I find unusual, since the VC titles still show up in the loader). I have checked the files and paths and everything looks normal.

Nothing was updated (to my knowledge) before this started happening, though I have since updated CFG to r65, but it hasn't fixed either issue. To be honest, I am at a loss for what may have caused this.
It could be worth noting, the Wii spent some time in a closet, disconnected from power, since the last time I recall it successfully loading an old save. Does anyone have any ideas what could be the root issue here?

Shermdog17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already have all that you write in my config and plugins folder. But still no channels in the loader.
I have both mighty.dol and neek2o.dol in the plugins folder installed via usb cfg gui.
Okay so, I too seem to be having an emu nand issue. I had my emu nand set up and was using partial emulation to keep all my save games on my SD card, and also have VC games installed to the same emu nand. The setup worked just fine for months.

After that, I spent a couple months not playing Wii games, so the SD card and the Wii have been untouched since probably June. Now, the last couple times I have went to play it (last weekend and this weekend) I suddenly have two new issues.

1) When attempting to play a Virtual Console game, the controller desyncs and will not reconnect until I reboot the Wii, meaning I am unable to play.
2) With actual Wii games, the games are no longer loading saves from the emulated nand at all (which I find unusual, since the VC titles still show up in the loader). I have checked the files and paths and everything looks normal.

Nothing was updated (to my knowledge) before this started happening, though I have since updated CFG to r65, but it hasn't fixed either issue. To be honest, I am at a loss for what may have caused this.
It could be worth noting, the Wii spent some time in a closet, disconnected from power, since the last time I recall it successfully loading an old save. Does anyone have any ideas what could be the root issue here?
I think I know what is causing both of your problems. I had the same thing happen when I updated to r65. The problem is, a new setting should be added to the settings.cfg file in your usb-loader folder.
You can fix it one of two ways:
1. Erase it, and let CFG write a new one on boot. But you will lose all of your individual game settings for your Wii, Gamecube and Emunand games. You'll have to set them up again.
2. Or, the way I fixed it, open the file on your computer and add the necessary line of text one game at a time.

Under "# Game Options:" you will see the individual game settings starting with "game:the ID6 game code; and all the settings."
Look for - nand_emu:off; vidtv:0 - if yours looks like this, there is your problem.

You have to add - channel_boot:Mighty Plugin; in between so it looks like this:
"nand_emu:off; channel_boot:Mighty Plugin; vidtv:0;"

Add it for each game and it should fix your problem.

For some reason r65 won't add the new setting to an already existing settings.cfg file.

SwedishGojira

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
I solved my problems by moving my nand ('usb:/nands/pl_eu') to the root of my HDD and renaming it to 'nand'.
This made cfg pick up and show all the installed games of my emunand. This works for now so I have no more problems.

Toziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone here. I don't know what else to do but I'm having some trouble with cfg, believe me this was the last thing I wanted to do (make an account to just ask a question). Anyways I think this is the right place for this. Here's the deal.
I have cfg 70r65 and I just put in Dios Mios v2.10
my gc games work fine but every time I try to save or play one it says the save file is corrupted. I want to try and use NMM through my usb but idrk the directory for it, I've tried putting the NMM converted file (from .gci) into folders named saves and gcsaves but nothing works. I read that you aren't suppose to have a MC in while you use NMM either but the games say there is no MC in slot A. So I don't know if it's actually reading saves from the SD
If anyone who wants to help me has any questions I'll try my best to answer. Thank you.

Side questions:
Twilight princess goes black screen right before title screen.
sometimes when I load a GC game with dios mios it either works, turns off, or black screens.

Thank you again.

Sorry to repost this but it has been awhile and I still have gotten no help. Thanks

arcsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to repost this but it has been awhile and I still have gotten no help. Thanks

Hi,
Not all games works with NMM. What games are you playing? Some games do say that your MC is corrupted or is not detected if you have NMM set to ON.
I use this link to figure out if the game is compatible with NMM or not: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Compatibility_List#top

I'm using the USB version of Dios Mios so my NMM saves are stored in the root drive of my USB under the folder 'saves'.
The directory looks something like this "F:\saves\GZLE01"
The "GZLE01" folder is for the game Zelda Wind Waker.

I sometimes have those problems when loading up GC games too. If it did not work, I just had to reset my wii and try again until it works.

Toziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Not all games works with NMM. What games are you playing? Some games do say that your MC is corrupted or is not detected if you have NMM set to ON.
I use this link to figure out if the game is compatible with NMM or not: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Compatibility_List#top

I'm using the USB version of Dios Mios so my NMM saves are stored in the root drive of my USB under the folder 'saves'.
The directory looks something like this "F:\saves\GZLE01"
The "GZLE01" folder is for the game Zelda Wind Waker.

I sometimes have those problems when loading up GC games too. If it did not work, I just had to reset my wii and try again until it works.

I'm trying to play melee, it was working fine but one day it just started saying the file is corrupted. I've looked at the guide before and it says melee works fine. I can try messing with the settings more I guess. Thanks for showing me the directory though.
I just looked, I guess I miss read it about NMM... But thats still weird, why wont it work on my MC DX

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a ton of trouble getting emulated memory cards to work with devolution. The games don't detect a memory card regardless of options.(Devo loader works fine) I thought that I read something somewhere about it being broken but I'd like to know if I'm doing something wrong.

Anyone working on this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7