Hacking Configurable USB Loader

detroitwillfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried other loaders?

that will help to determine if its your HDD or the loader/cIOS. upgrade your cIOS 249/250 to v10 to start at least.
yes gx loader wont even load it just goes back to home.. wii flow works? ishh?

how do i go about upgrading cIOS? in HBC?

Gallito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lookin for some help with cfg usb loader. I have 4.3U on my wii and am using the modded v7 of cfg usb. Currently I can only load wii games I install via the loader. It shows the titles of games that I've transferred from my computer but hangs on launch. My hdd is formatted to FAT32 with 32k cluster. Only one partition with it listed as primary. Also gamecube games load up no matter how I put them on the hdd. Any thoughts on the situation?

Gallito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to check that when I get home. Might be worth mentioning that my metroid prime trilogy iso that was transferred from computer to hdd does get to the loading screen before it freezes. Maybe I just got some bad ROMS?

Gallito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it looks like when I install the games it goes into my wbfs folder with the game code for a name and the iso file is in that folder. When I try to transfer one from my computer it is placed into the wbfs folder with the game's actual title. So the only difference is the folders holding the iso that are in the wbfs folder. Should it be the game code and not the title's name?

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to check that when I get home. Might be worth mentioning that my metroid prime trilogy iso that was transferred from computer to hdd does get to the loading screen before it freezes. Maybe I just got some bad ROMS?

Metroid Prime Trilogy is finicky with most loaders from what I remember. I'd try a different game.

mattUGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I was hoping to enlist some help getting Metroid Prime Trilogy to work on my Wii off the cfg USB loader. I'm probably the 1000th person to come through here looking for help so I'll try to be specific about what's happening.

I have d2xv6 installed in 247, 248, 249, and 250. I don't remember which bases but I can look them up if it's important. I followed GAF's online guide so I hope it was done right.
I have a good ISO file of MPT, I've already played and finished MP1. When I try to load MP2 or 3 the Wii goes to black screen and crashes.
I've tried every fix and guide I could find on the internet. I've tried using the alt.dol method though what I've been reading tells me that's now outdated(?).
Looking at the above comment, I may have a bad ISO...but for mine the menu works fine and I've played completely through MP1 no problems.

Would love some help. If more details are needed I can provide them as necessary

Gallito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nonsens, with the right cIOS (and Base) installed, MP trilogy works with no problems.
Must be a bad ISO..(or WBFS).

I did the original softmod last year. I just did a re install of everything thru modmii. From what I saw that was the best way to get a "fresh" hack. How can I check the cIOS?

D

Deleted User

Hello, this will be a noob question, but I hope to get some guidance for you guys who obviously understand this situation WAY better then I could. My situation is hopefully simple to you guys. Both myself and a friend have Wii's that were modded with the d2pro chip way back in November of 2008. I then later had CFG USB Loader installed and have been playing with games loaded that way since then. My Wii is running v3.4U and as far as CFG USB Loader is concerned, the info I see is Loader Version : 70, IOS249 (r21006), Base : IOS56 d2x v6 mload v1.0.

Long story short, my friend's kid got Just Dance 2014 a few nights ago and it wouldn't run (either off the disc, requiring the update... and he was getting just a black screen when trying to run the ripped ISO). Well, his kid clicked on system update on the regular disc... so his Wii is now on 4.3U and he is now seeing the error message "IOS 249 is a stub" when trying to run CFG USB Loader. It runs his Just Dance 2014 from disc just fine now, but is there a way to fix CFG USB Loader so it will work again?

Also, as an added question for me, what updates should I run in order to be able to play newer games myself (considering I'm still on v3.4U)?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello, this will be a noob question, but I hope to get some guidance for you guys who obviously understand this situation WAY better then I could. My situation is hopefully simple to you guys. Both myself and a friend have Wii's that were modded with the d2pro chip way back in November of 2008. I then later had CFG USB Loader installed and have been playing with games loaded that way since then. My Wii is running v3.4U and as far as CFG USB Loader is concerned, the info I see is Loader Version : 70, IOS249 (r21006), Base : IOS56 d2x v6 mload v1.0.

Long story short, my friend's kid got Just Dance 2014 a few nights ago and it wouldn't run (either off the disc, requiring the update... and he was getting just a black screen when trying to run the ripped ISO). Well, his kid clicked on system update on the regular disc... so his Wii is now on 4.3U and he is now seeing the error message "IOS 249 is a stub" when trying to run CFG USB Loader. It runs his Just Dance 2014 from disc just fine now, but is there a way to fix CFG USB Loader so it will work again?

Also, as an added question for me, what updates should I run in order to be able to play newer games myself (considering I'm still on v3.4U)?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

Get modmii and run a sysCheck on your wii and then take the file that it gives you on your sd card and use it in modmii and it will create a custom upgrade just for your wii and get everything working.

You can get modmii from the wii hacking forum. It has its own sticky thread at the top of the forum.

D

Deleted User

Get modmii and run a sysCheck on your wii and then take the file that it gives you on your sd card and use it in modmii and it will create a custom upgrade just for your wii and get everything working.

You can get modmii from the wii hacking forum. It has its own sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Thanks a ton icebrg5! I'll go try that both on my Wii as well as telling him to do so to try to fix his Wii.

NES_player4life

NODERATOR
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.n64textures.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I don't mean to interrupt, I would life to know how to configure the loader to return to the loader when running devolution.
This operation can be accomplished when running wii games but devolution has no home menu. Is there a trick or is this process not yet possible?

EDIT:
Resolved using priiloader!

Tzvi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the preferred method of adding homebrew into the loader? I've seen forwarding channels and forwarding isos, but all the information is a few years old so I have no clue which I should be using.

I have tried using forwarding channels but the system freezes, I don't even make it out of the loader. My WiiWare loads fine though.

Thanks in advance for any help.

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a ton of trouble getting emulated memory cards to work with devolution. The games don't detect a memory card regardless of options.(Devo loader works fine) I thought that I read something somewhere about it being broken but I'd like to know if I'm doing something wrong.

Anyone working on this?

Still no fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1