Hacking Configurable USB Loader

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Is there an option for the pad hook patch within CFG? I don't see it on the individual game settings. Seeing how its now needed to the gamecube controller reset thing to work.
Yes,it will be included in the next beta version. (currently it's always activated)
As far as I know PSO I&II need to turn off this option.
Is there any other game also need to turn off this option then
it can work correctly ?

Sicsuicide

Console Zombie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only in cfg loader
and zoids battle legends

sorry but the clarity of my problem
the game runs fine in gx and wiiflow just not in cfg

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Only in cfg loader
and zoids battle legends

sorry but the clarity of my problem
the game runs fine in gx and wiiflow just not in cfg

Just simply load a disc (any disc) in your drive when you saw the message
"Disc Cover is open.....", it should work.

I tested by using CFG mod r37 beta8 , GX r1200 and Wiiflow mod r615
with DM v2.2 update 3 . They are all the same result. (need to load a disc )

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, well, after breaking down to install dios mios, I decided to update my cfg-usb as well... I kinda preferred using the IOS 222 builds of it for the wii games because it made load times awesomely quick. But yea, curiosity begged me to go check out this gamecube loading via USB.

So now, a couple things. I'm currently on 70 mod r36 if I'm reading it right.
  • Why can't I dump my GC backups ('install game' from real GC discs) to anything OTHER than the sd card? I'd rather put them on my external because that's where I have space to spare, see?
  • Why is there no way to move a GC game from SD to USB? Currently, it's real inconvenient to have to unplug everything and do it on my pc because I apparently can't do it from the Wii.
  • Well, apparently while the cfg-usb cheat management is perfectly fine on Wii games (about as well as I can expect, anyway), it's got nothing for GC games. I was really hoping to use some AR codes for some of these games by now. In particular, I'd been meaning to get back to Thousand-Year Door but would like some codes to keep things smooth.
Um, not sure what I can do, cap'n. Is there a way to solve these that I'm simply not seeing, or aware of?

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, well, after breaking down to install dios mios, I decided to update my cfg-usb as well... I kinda preferred using the IOS 222 builds of it for the wii games because it made load times awesomely quick. But yea, curiosity begged me to go check out this gamecube loading via USB.

• Why can't I dump my GC backups ('install game' from real GC discs) to anything OTHER than the sd card? I'd rather put them on my external because that's where I have space to spare, see?
  • Why is there no way to move a GC game from SD to USB? Currently, it's real inconvenient to have to unplug everything and do it on my pc because I apparently can't do it from the Wii.
  • Well, apparently while the cfg-usb cheat management is perfectly fine on Wii games (about as well as I can expect, anyway), it's got nothing for GC games. I was really hoping to use some AR codes for some of these games by now. In particular, I'd been meaning to get back to Thousand-Year Door but would like some codes to keep things smooth.
Um, not sure what I can do, cap'n. Is there a way to solve these that I'm simply not seeing, or aware of?

For the 1st one - make sure under the settings menu you change device from SD to USB
For the 2nd one - I don't know of any inherant way to move from device to device within CFG - but I use WiiXlorer (HomeBrew) to move ISOs and other items around pretty easilly.
For the 3rd one - Sadly the site the loader uses for codes doesnt have codes for GC games - but if you have codes you can dump t hem in a text file (I saved mine with the GameID for the file name) in your \usb-loader\codes\ folder and it will read them for the GC titles.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
mod r37 beta9
=========
1. Added "NoDisc+" (DM 2.2) and "PAD HOOK" options
to both GUI mode and Console mode
(Thanks @nl255 and @[member='icebrg5'])

2. Changed default DML version from "1.2+" to "2.2+".
(i.e. changed from "dml=2" to "dml=3")

3. Fixed an issue -"can't delete GC games from a USB drive
with 2 partitions".

v70r37beta9072512.jpg

Pls check http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader-mod/issues/detail?id=48
(comment 61) if you would like to try this beta version.

Reactions: 1 person

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I broke my Brawl disc a long time ago, and I really would like to play Brawl again. The thing is, I got it to work on a USB loader, but now I'm used to Melee's controls. I've stumbled upon Project M awhile ago, and it looks amazing.

I've tried loading the cheats on Configurable USB Loader (CFG), but the cheats are too large to load. Apparently CFG can't load cheat files of 512, whatever that means.

If I could get any help on how to load this I would really appreciate it Thanks a lot!

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I broke my Brawl disc a long time ago, and I really would like to play Brawl again. The thing is, I got it to work on a USB loader, but now I'm used to Melee's controls. I've stumbled upon Project M awhile ago, and it looks amazing.

I've tried loading the cheats on Configurable USB Loader (CFG), but the cheats are too large to load. Apparently CFG can't load cheat files of 512, whatever that means.

If I could get any help on how to load this I would really appreciate it Thanks a lot!

Which version of CFG do you use ?

It has already supported cheats to 512 (was 256) from mod r29.
http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader-mod/source/detail?r=29

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Find your config.txt file

It should be located at

X:\usb-loader\config.txt

X= Letter of your hard drive

Now open the config.txt file and add the following to it and then save it

return_to_channel = auto

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For the 1st one - make sure under the settings menu you change device from SD to USB
For the 2nd one - I don't know of any inherant way to move from device to device within CFG - but I use WiiXlorer (HomeBrew) to move ISOs and other items around pretty easilly.
For the 3rd one - Sadly the site the loader uses for codes doesnt have codes for GC games - but if you have codes you can dump t hem in a text file (I saved mine with the GameID for the file name) in your \usb-loader\codes\ folder and it will read them for the GC titles.
Um, it's never NOT been USB since I started using the app. I have no problem if I was using a real Wii game disc, but whenever I want to load/install any of my GC game discs, it will ONLY go to the SD card, not the USB.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

#1 Installing to USB wasnt added until mod 36 beta 1 from the looks of the google code page and it appears that it wasn't added to the official mod 36. * not all features of the betas get released to the final versions.

#2 Feature isn't really needed. Just update to the latest beta and all your concerns will be taken care of.

#3 It's been fixed in a beta version i have tested it and used it many times.

Download the beta versions from here.

http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader-mod/issues/detail?id=48

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Which version of CFG do you use ?

It has already supported cheats to 512 (was 256) from mod r29.
http://code.google.c...rce/detail?r=29
Thanks for the reply :D Though, I found the solution.

512 cheats doesn't compare to the 5000+ cheats loaded in the .gct I used :P

http://www.smashboar...ad.php?t=226447
Someone should have put this up in a sticky somewhere a long time ago, because this was a pain to figure out.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi, to all the developers of this loader and congratulations on the amazing work you do.
I' ve been a cfg user for 2 years and now, i think it's the most reliable and fast loader, as well as the best looking one.
However, i have come to the point where 2 issues have arisen:

1. Are you planning to have an option for NAND emulation for the savegames? Seeing as games like Smash Bros, Eledees, PES and many others can take 110+ pages per savegame, the Wii's limited memory fills up very quickly, especially if you have Wiiware channels like MDK2, Motoheroz etc with their own savegames too.

2. In the latest mod v9, whenever i load a GC NTSC game with DM, i get a red screen (PAL Wii), even after i have set the options of the title to ''Force PAL 60'', From DMBooter, the game plays fine (the option Force PAL 60 is enabled there too).

PS. I would like to know how can i lock the options ''Priiloader'', ''Bootmii'' from the menu and ''format drive to wbfs'' from the console, so that my small brother doesn't do anything accidentally.

Thank you and keep up the great work guys!

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
2. In the latest mod v9, whenever i load a GC NTSC game with DM, i get a red screen (PAL Wii), even after i have set the options of the title to ''Force PAL 60'', From DMBooter, the game plays fine (the option Force PAL 60 is enabled there too).

PS. I would like to know how can i lock the options ''Priiloader'', ''Bootmii'' from the menu and ''format drive to wbfs'' from the console, so that my small brother doesn't do anything accidentally.

Thank you and keep up the great work guys!

Does this happen to all your NTSC(U) GC games ?

You can add "simple=1" to config.txt so you can lock "Priiloader" , "HBC" .....

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Τhank you for the reply, i edited the config.txt :yaywii:

Unfortunately yes, even those NTSC games that were working perfectly with older revisions of cfg, like Burnout 2, Die Hard Vendetta , etc, give a red screen with beta9. I forgot to add that i still use DM 2.0, cause 2.2 broke compatibility with some games. I have however set the global options to DM 1.2+.

It's οk though, i boot them via DML channel now, so no harm done really.
NAND savegames are a headache however...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work