Hacking Configurable USB Loader

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the fast reply. I should of looked through those changes.

I just check it out now, very impressive that zoom function.

The quality is very noticeable once viewed. Awesome, can read the back clearly.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
rudedoggx said:
Is it possible to navigate rev68's GUI without pointing the wiimote at the screen?
Kinda - with the nunchuck or classic controller stick, which will move the pointer.
Other than that, no, you would need to use the console mode if you don't want to use the pointer.
Although starting games will still work same as before if you're using coverflow mode then just press A twice, without the need of pointer.
Maybe we'll add that too someday, but it won't happen soon.

The-Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Been out for some time because of moving to the other side of the world. Did a loader update today and WOW looks really good guy's. Only one little thing sometimes(not every time) the loader just stops and gives me a black screen nothing works anymore and a full shutdown on the Wii is the only solution any idea on what or why ?

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the Gui, but my son can use the loader easier with the old setup.

He has Cerebral Palsy and has some problems with coordination.

Anyway if I set GUI = 0 the it goes to the console only and not the first screen where we have the carosel setting.

Also If I have the GUI turned on and he chooses a game it used to launch the game automatically and bypass the hitting A on the 2nd screen. I can'ty seem to get it to do that anymore.

Thanks;

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
gui = 0, 1, 2, 3, [4], start
gui = 0 : GUI disabled
gui = 1 : GUI enabled, GUI Menu disabled, start in console mode
gui = 2 : GUI enabled, GUI Menu disabled, start in GUI mode
gui = 3 : GUI Menu enabled, start in console mode
gui = 4 : GUI Menu enabled, start in GUI mode
gui = start : same as gui = 4

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pplucky said:
oggzee said:

I tried all of those and it doesn't give me what I want.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:
pplucky said:
oggzee said:
Try gui = 2 and gui_style = coverflow3d

It works to me...

Stigmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Small bug: In gui mode, the pic for games without covers is the wrong size, at least for me on widescreen with flat covers.
On a related note, I think it would be nice if 'noimage' covers would be a part of themes. noimage_2d, noimage_3d, noimage_disc and noimage_full in theme folder, instead of what's in use now.

The-Magician said:
Been out for some time because of moving to the other side of the world. Did a loader update today and WOW looks really good guy's. Only one little thing sometimes(not every time) the loader just stops and gives me a black screen nothing works anymore and a full shutdown on the Wii is the only solution any idea on what or why ?
Check if your HBC is running ios 58, if not, install it with the ios58 installer and (re)install the newest HBC. Might help.
You could try running CFG from usb, for that you will need the forwarding channel. I'm kinda guessing here ><

QUOTE(Sacohen9665 @ Apr 17 2011, 08:48 PM) I like the Gui, but my son can use the loader easier with the old setup.

He has Cerebral Palsy and has some problems with coordination.

Anyway if I set GUI = 0 the it goes to the console only and not the first screen where we have the carosel setting.

Also If I have the GUI turned on and he chooses a game it used to launch the game automatically and bypass the hitting A on the 2nd screen. I can'ty seem to get it to do that anymore.

Thanks;
In previous versions it sent you to the same screen where you had to confirm with A to start the game. With "confirm_start = 0" that screen is disabled, and the game just start.
In the new version the gui has it's own screen, so until there is added an option for the gui, you'll just have to click a twice. Or just use an older version, I think 67c is the newest without gui enabled.

Skeeve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi!

I tried v67c-222 and it's awful slow. When I scroll through my games with v66c-222 covers are most times loaded before the discs scroll through the screen. With v67c-222 the covers stay with the "loading"-cover very very long.

My background music is also stopping several times which did not happen with 66c-222.

Any information I can send you in order to help in debugging?

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pplucky said:
Sacohen9665 said:
pplucky said:
oggzee said:
Try gui = 2 and gui_style = coverflow3d

It works to me...

That seemed to work.

Thanks

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried CrapV3.3b to make game channels but it takes a very long time to start the games, is there any other game channel maker program that I can use to make game channels? thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u could build a v9 forwarder dol and just replace all the meta.xml references to meta_anything.xml and then replace the forwarder dol in your crap made forwarder channel using customize mii, then add arguments to meta_anything.xml to autoboot any game.

It's not really worth the effort, games load maybe 3 seconds faster, tops (edit: I know cuz I tried it)

dougjones31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to the newest version(222 beta) and now when I start cfg usb loader my wii remotes cut off when the disc drive light comes on and off during startup. It will work sometimes and sometimes not. It will work if I unlug the wii for a couple of mins and then start up and start cfg usb loader, but if I go out to the menu and start the loader again the remotes cut off durung startup.

I did update wiimc at the same time and it froze the first time i ran it and popped up a bunch if weird code .... had to unplug the wii to reset it. Don't think the problem was that because it uses a whole different ios than cfg usb loader. and wiimc works.

what do you think?

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
u could build a v9 forwarder dol and just replace all the meta.xml references to meta_anything.xml and then replace the forwarder dol in your crap made forwarder channel using customize mii, then add arguments to meta_anything.xml to autoboot any game.

It's not really worth the effort, games load maybe 3 seconds faster, tops (edit: I know cuz I tried it)

can you show me how to do it please?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Okay, but listen good!

Step 1, check out FIX94's Forwarder thread HERE. Follow all the instructions on the page so u are able to build normal v9 forwarder dols. U will need to install devkit, and download updated libraries and save them to your C drive.

Step 2, modify the v9 forwarder source code. Change whatever the forwarder paths are to wherever u have configurable usb-loader saved (ie. apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol). Also do an edit replace, replace "meta" with "meta_gamename", then build the forwarder dol

Step 3, build a crap forwarder channel for gamename, u already know how to do this so I won't go into details

Step 4, download customize mii from HERE. Start the program, load the wad that crap made in step 3. Then on the 2nd tab in Customize mii, replace the dol with the dol u created in step 2

Step 5, wherever you have configurable usb-loader saved (ie. apps\usbloader_cfg) create a copy of the "meta.xml" and rename it "meta_gamename.xml". Then u can just include an argument in the xml file to autoboot the title ID of gamename. U can use the configurator for configurable usb-loader to do this, or if u need help I can copy and paste an example for u when I'm near my Wii hard drive

Step 6, install forwarder wad u made in step 4 and make sure IOS58 is installed on the Wii. Also make sure that gamename is installed on the external hard drive.

Step 7, launch channel, take out your stopwatch, and realize what a waste of time it was to go through all this just to load the game a couple seconds faster, lol.

good luck

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Skeeve said:
Hi!
I tried v67c-222 and it's awful slow. When I scroll through my games with v66c-222 covers are most times loaded before the discs scroll through the screen. With v67c-222 the covers stay with the "loading"-cover very very long.
My background music is also stopping several times which did not happen with 66c-222.
Any information I can send you in order to help in debugging?

Version 67 has a new cover file cache that is built on the fly the first time.
After that the covers should load much faster than before.
So if you run it again is it still slow or does it now work fast?

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an issue,
first a few details V68b, style: flow 3 rows

I have 9 pages of games(147 games some are wiiware and VC)
which show up as 8 pages of 18 and 3 on the last page.

When I unlock the admin code to get at the games I don't want my kids to play on I add another 10 games, but the loader still shows only 147 game with the last 10 covers missing.

However if I change my style the games reappear, and are still there when I return to 'flow'

Not a major prob, but there it is.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
arjaylight said:
on PAL wii,
using cfg v67 cant see covers for PAL games (considering cover is available in USB:\usb-loader\covers)

is this a known bug?
This is strange, you should remove the covers from the folder and try to redownload them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, she is non binary