Hacking Configurable USB Loader

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I updated to the new CFG USB Loader, and the new GUI thing looks nice, but is it possible to disable it and go back to the new one? 'Cause I'm having a lot of crash-related issues due to the GUI (I believe.)

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to run CFG loader from the SD card with a regular loader?

I mean can I stick every thing in the folder sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/, so it would not interfere with my regular loader's config files?

I have some freezing issues with some games, so want to test CFG.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
sonknuck23 said:
So I updated to the new CFG USB Loader, and the new GUI thing looks nice, but is it possible to disable it and go back to the new one? 'Cause I'm having a lot of crash-related issues due to the GUI (I believe.)Yes, just put the correct option in gui parameter... (0, 1 or 2)

QUOTE(oggzee @ Apr 11 2011, 07:17 PM) cfg v68a3 (alpha)
* Changed gui option:
gui = 0, 1, 2, 3, [4], start
gui = 0 : GUI disabled
gui = 1 : GUI enabled, GUI Menu disabled, start in console mode
gui = 2 : GUI enabled, GUI Menu disabled, start in GUI mode
gui = 3 : GUI Menu enabled, start in console mode
gui = 4 : GUI Menu enabled, start in GUI mode
gui = start : same as gui = 4

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
nunavat2010 said:
Is it possible to run CFG loader from the SD card with a regular loader?
What do you mean by regular loader? I think Cfg Usb Loader only uses usb-loader folder anyway, so you should be safe...

Anyway, best way is to do a SD card backup before playing around...

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
OncleJulien said:
pplucky said:
you mean by regular loader?
my head says he means "previous or other loader app"...but my heart says he's calling cfg irregular.
wacko.gif

IconoclastDX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. First post on this epic site.

Just updated HBC then my Wii to 4.3e. Everything works fine save CFG v56 which i load through HBC. It freezes at the splash screen. So how do I get CFG working again? Do I have to uninstall it and reinstall it again? If so will I need to reload all of my games? Ive looked up and down this monster thread but cant seem to find a straight answer. Thanks!

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
IconoclastDX Posted Today, 05:04 AM

Just updated HBC then my Wii to 4.3e. Everything works fine save CFG v56 which i load through HBC. It freezes at the splash screen. So how do I get CFG working again? Do I have to uninstall it and reinstall it again? If so will I need to reload all of my games? Ive looked up and down this monster thread but cant seem to find a straight answer. Thanks!

Try downloading the latest rev at http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downlo...mp;can=2&q=

Just copy this into apps/usb-loader over the old boot.dol (make a back up of boot.dol 1st if you want) and try loading.

Hope that helps, let us know if it works.

If not, what CIOS are you running?

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could somebody who has no issues whatsoever with CFG post their syscheck, config.txt, theme.txt etc here or send me a pmail, if your system menu is 4.3U?

Here is my story. I stayed away from CFG, because of the Configurable part, I wanted to use something out of the box. I gave it a try last night, installed the forwarder, it recognized my wbfs drive loaded all the game covers, look pretty impressive, until I try to play a game. It freezes. Some games stack dump, some games black screen. Now, even GX2 is not loading games, but I guess, if I just delete the forwarder channel wad, that will be fixed?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nunavat2010 said:
Now, even GX2 is not loading games, but I guess, if I just delete the forwarder channel wad, that will be fixed?
Nope, there must be something wrong with your HDD or your cIOSes. Only the HDD could get corrupted, please check it for errors and post your syscheck.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v68a4 (alpha)
cfg68a4.dol
cfg68a4-222.dol
lang68a4.zip
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v68a4 (alpha)
* Fixed Translation: Cover~~Front Cover~~Back
* Fixed switch from gui to console mode
* New themed options:
gui_text_color_menu = COLOR / OUTLINE / SHADOW
gui_text_color_info = COLOR / OUTLINE / SHADOW
default:
gui_text_color_menu = 6688FFFF / 60 / 80
gui_text_color_info = white / 000000A0
each component can be "black", "white" or RRGGBBAA
OUTLINE and SHADOW are optional
* Bigger Start button
* Minor GUI menu updates

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
nunavat2010 said:
Now, even GX2 is not loading games, but I guess, if I just delete the forwarder channel wad, that will be fixed?
Nope, there must be something wrong with your HDD or your cIOSes. Only the HDD could get corrupted, please check it for errors and post your syscheck.
Thanks. I said only a part about CFG. Before it downloaded covers, I was pressing all the buttons (did not have the manual memorized) on wiimote, I had mario kart on the dvd drive, CFG copied that to HDD, took 20 minutes. After that I tried a few games with CFG unsucessfully. In the morning, I put the second SD card (which had all the settings for GX2) and tried to load Mario Kart from HDD, but did not work. I'll post the syscheck here once I get home. Also, I'll check the HDD with wiimms tools and will report back.

GX2 loads all the other games except Mario Kart which was backed up by CFG.

IconoclastDX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megatron_lives said:
QUOTE said:
IconoclastDX Posted Today, 05:04 AM

Try downloading the latest rev at http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downlo...mp;can=2&q=

Just copy this into apps/usb-loader over the old boot.dol (make a back up of boot.dol 1st if you want) and try loading.

Hope that helps, let us know if it works.

If not, what CIOS are you running?

Thanks. The updated version worked once I installed 249 in slot 248. thanks!

digdug3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@oggzee:

Cloud you add config options for

separate bca, wip and wdm folders?
and maybe separate gct and txtcheat folders?

This way configurable is really configurable and you can share the folders with e.g. Wiiflow.
Although I prefer CFG!

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
One quick question.

On the "cover flow" (gui_style = carousel) menu, the cover images don't appear to looks as sharp as the images used in wiiflow. I share all the same cover images with all the loaders I use so am I missing a bit of code in the config text to diplay the HQ covers? Or are the images scaled down? could anyone tell me the default resolution of covers for both cfg and wiiflow so I can check

Thanks

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
megatron_lives said:
On the "cover flow" (gui_style = carousel) menu, the cover images don't appear to looks as sharp as the images used in wiiflow. I share all the same cover images with all the loaders I use so am I missing a bit of code in the config text to diplay the HQ covers? Or are the images scaled down? could anyone tell me the default resolution of covers for both cfg and wiiflow so I can check
cfg supports HQ covers since v67. HQ covers are 1024x680. You don't need anything special in the config.txt. It is possible there's a slight difference in the appearance. Can you provide some screenshots for comparison?

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
Hi oggzee

I think it might be a case then that the size not the resolution of the images in wiiflow is large than in cfg, leading to not looking the same. I changed the gui = 4 and check out the HQ images and they do look fine.

Nothing to worry about then. Thanks for the reply

Incidentely, can you change the size of the covers in the carousel?

thanks, this loader really is the best!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: