Hacking Configurable USB Loader

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to have a custom splash screen? I love configurator, and have the loader exactly how I want it, but if only I could have a custom splash screen. Is it possible?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ZombiePosessor said:
Is it possible to have a custom splash screen? I love configurator, and have the loader exactly how I want it, but if only I could have a custom splash screen. Is it possible?
No. The config file is read too late in the process to change the splash screen. The only way to make this work would be to compile your own version of Cfg from the source. If you make a splash screen and we like it, it may become the official splash screen for a while, though.

QUOTE(Dochog @ Apr 7 2010, 10:53 AM) When installing a game, what does option 1 "dump BCA" do?
It dumps the BCA data from the disc into a .BCA file. This data is only present on retail discs. This isn't needed for many games, though. Only NSMB Wii and Avatar use it, I think, and NSMB Wii has an alternative patch that is enabled by default that will get it working.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Than blame Invision Power Services, since they wrote the invision power board software this forum uses. I do not know if for IPB 3.1, that'd been changed. Though the search is supposed to get a overhaul for 3.1. Note: This forum doesn't even use 3.0 of the software. It uses something along the lines of the "2.1.x" line I think.
ZakMcRofl said:
Wow thanks, I never noticed that. Though whoever placed that search field and button should win the price for the worst user interface ever
blink.gif

danilo11

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi, i have a external hdd samsung s2 320 gb this have a led that flash when is transfering or reading files, the thing is that before it didn't flashed(while playing), but now it flash everytime(while playing), games works , but i want to know if there is a problem or can cause a problem.
thanx

bluestar11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try to use my hard drive as a usb storage device in xbox 360 and game backup drive in wii. xbox formatted it as a fat32 drive. However, CFG cannot recognize the drive anymore. CFG hangs while mounting device.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bluestar11 said:
I try to use my hard drive as a usb storage device in xbox 360 and game backup drive in wii. xbox formatted it as a fat32 drive. However, CFG cannot recognize the drive anymore. CFG hangs while mounting device.
Try both versions of Cfg (56c and 56c-222). Make sure you have the drive plugged into the correct port. Install rev19 of IOS249 and v4 of IOS222.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
OrGoN3 said:
A little problem. I have all my covers (2d, 3d, full, disc) on my USB hdd (fat32 partition, active, etc). When I load CFGLoader, I see a few games are missing covers. If I go to the main menu and select the option to download all the MISSING covers, it attempts to download every game's cover, even if I'm looking right at it already.

The only fix I found thus far is to go to each game that is missing a cover and manually select to download the cover. This gets really annoying after adding numerous games to my partition.

Does anyone know a fix for this? Is this having to do with the cache files not reading from the USB HDD properly??
To use the download missing cover options, you need to push right on the d-pad. Pushing left will download all of them. I assume that you are pushing A, though, and that should perform the same action as pushing right, so please post again if pushing right still attempts to download all the covers.

I did not know pressing left would do anything. I either pressed A or pressed right on the d-pad. I don't remember which exactly.

Also, when I updated to the latest, v56c, via the built-in update feature, the new .dol that it created was of size 0KB.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
OrGoN3 said:
I did not know pressing left would do anything. I either pressed A or pressed right on the d-pad. I don't remember which exactly.

Also, when I updated to the latest, v56c, via the built-in update feature, the new .dol that it created was of size 0KB.
So does it still try to download all the images rather than the missing ones when you do push right? The update thing you mention sometimes occurs due to bugs in libwbfs. A backup is created for you that you should be able to restore and attempt the download again.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ZakMcRofl said:
Anyways, loading player.dol from disk first worked flawless, so we should file the above ideas under "would be a really cool feature but isn't really needed"

What do you mean loading player.dol?
Is it the Zelda dol? I tried to boot from USB with it and it failed. What .dol file should I place where?

I have an other question: I'm using NXE_transparent theme but it looks that it's a bit too much transparent because sometimes I can't read grey text which looks a bit too much greyed out.
How could I make text less transparent ?

bluestar11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
bluestar11 said:
Try both versions of Cfg (56c and 56c-222). Make sure you have the drive plugged into the correct port. Install rev19 of IOS249 and v4 of IOS222.

I installed 56c and CIOSX rev19. The problem still exists. Under Windows it is recognized as a single FAT32 partition. However, fdisk returns

Disk /dev/sdb: 80.0 GB, 80026361856 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 9729 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x73696d20

This doesn't look like a partition table
Probably you selected the wrong device.

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sdb1 ? 119467 386239 2142844857 a OS/2 Boot Manager
Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary.
/dev/sdb2 ? 33915 67828 272413365+ 65 Novell Netware 386
Partition 2 does not end on cylinder boundary.
/dev/sdb3 ? 10499 10499 0 65 Novell Netware 386
Partition 3 does not end on cylinder boundary.
/dev/sdb4 179626 179629 26464+ 0 Empty
Partition 4 does not end on cylinder boundary.

Partition table entries are not in disk order

Maybe Xbox made sth special. too bad.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
OrGoN3 said:

So does it still try to download all the images rather than the missing ones when you do push right? The update thing you mention sometimes occurs due to bugs in libwbfs. A backup is created for you that you should be able to restore and attempt the download again.

Yes, no matter what it attempts to download every game's boxart. I have 26 games on there right now, and it starts 1/26, then 2/26, etc, even though only 2 needed coverart. I have tried doing this a few times today even, and every time it attempts to download all 26 game art. My HDD, as I stated, is FAT32 (the only partition on the drive). I keep the coverart on the hard drive as well in USB:\Covers. I set the directories in the configurator before hooking the HDD up to the Wii. The covers all load up when they are there, it's just updating that has the problem.

It did create a backup (boot.dol.bak), but of course this requires me to connect the HDD to my computer and rename and such, so it was easier to just drop the new boot.dol in there. So I only tested the update feature once, and it didn't work. Not sure about it now. I will test it again when a new version is released.

I'm using v56c with cIOSX rev19 (base 57) installed as 249. I do have Hermes v5 on there as well, but I am testing out Waninkoko's first.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Jabe said:
ZakMcRofl said:
Anyways, loading player.dol from disk first worked flawless, so we should file the above ideas under "would be a really cool feature but isn't really needed"

What do you mean loading player.dol?
Is it the Zelda dol? I tried to boot from USB with it and it failed. What .dol file should I place where?

I have an other question: I'm using NXE_transparent theme but it looks that it's a bit too much transparent because sometimes I can't read grey text which looks a bit too much greyed out.
How could I make text less transparent ?

Research alt dols. You don't need to put any new files anywhere.

For the theme, either load the theme.txt into the Configurator and change the grey font colours to something different, or manually edit config.txt yourself. With the Configurator, you can use the console wizard to change your colours and see how they will look too.

QUOTE(OrGoN3 @ Apr 8 2010, 06:31 AM)
Yes, no matter what it attempts to download every game's boxart. I have 26 games on there right now, and it starts 1/26, then 2/26, etc, even though only 2 needed coverart. I have tried doing this a few times today even, and every time it attempts to download all 26 game art. My HDD, as I stated, is FAT32 (the only partition on the drive). I keep the coverart on the hard drive as well in USB:\Covers. I set the directories in the configurator before hooking the HDD up to the Wii. The covers all load up when they are there, it's just updating that has the problem.
It will always print the name of every game as it goes, but if it looks like:

0/26: Game Title 0
1/26: Game Title 1
2/26: Game Title 2

and so on, then it is not attempting to download covers. It is only attempting to download covers if further text appears between the games.

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best IOS to use when using wad manager 1.5? Better yet what is the best way to install wads? I am trying to install the hybrid channel for this loader and get errors since installing rev 19 for 249.

Thanks

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dochog said:
What is the best IOS to use when using wad manager 1.5? Better yet what is the best way to install wads? I am trying to install the hybrid channel for this loader and get errors since installing rev 19 for 249.

Thanks

You're in the condition I was after installing 249 rev19.
Install Hermes' 222 v5 using IOS38 as base and use it to install wads (as adviced here).

It works like a charm.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiixale said:
Dochog said:

Thanks

You're in the condition I was after installing 249 rev19.
Install Hermes' 222 v5 using IOS38 as base and use it to install wads (as adviced here).

It works like a charm.
That or IOS 36 is fine too.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suggestion:
An option to download cover art after backing up game.

After you have backed up your game and presented with the screen that reads "Press A to Eject Disc" there should be an option to download cover art for the game you just backed up.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dr. Clipper said:
For the theme, either load the theme.txt into the Configurator and change the grey font colours to something different, or manually edit config.txt yourself. With the Configurator, you can use the console wizard to change your colours and see how they will look too.

I tried it with configurator but the problem is that color_inative is set to game database info and also inactive option.

How can I make database info text being white but keeping inactive option text grey?

Because if if I keep it grey I'm not able to read it anymore as you can see here:
screenshot1wh.png

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
OrGoN3 said:
It will always print the name of every game as it goes, but if it looks like:

0/26: Game Title 0
1/26: Game Title 1
2/26: Game Title 2

and so on, then it is not attempting to download covers. It is only attempting to download covers if further text appears between the games.

Yes, it does that. As in, it goes

0/25: Game Title 0
But it then says it is attempting to download the cover, even though I'm looking right at it. It goes through every game, 0-25, and takes at least 30 seconds for the program to "time-out" and say it couldn't find the cover (again, I'm looking right at it).

My interpretation of selecting "downloading all missing covers" is that the program should look to see which covers are not there (in the background), pipe those results into a downloader. Right now, no matter what, it goes through EVERY SINGLE GAME ON THERE and attempts to download. It shouldn't have to go through every single game to begin with. It just makes it much much much slower.

If I download the manual way per each game, it works just fine.

On a side note, I see in the configurator I select how I want the games to be displayed (3D, 2D, discart). My question is, is there any way to display it like USB Loader GX does? (3D boxart, then when you select it you can either look at the front and back of the box, or the disc. I guess that's more like WiiFlow then). I loved USBLGX but it doesn't work with rev19 and v5 and fat32 right now, so I'm using this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.