Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Jabe said:
I tried it with configurator but the problem is that color_inative is set to game database info and also inactive option.

How can I make database info text being white but keeping inactive option text grey?

The database info is displayed in the inactive colour and they cannot be displayed in different colours to each other, unfortunately.

OrGoN3 said:
Yes, it does that. As in, it goes

0/25: Game Title 0
But it then says it is attempting to download the cover, even though I'm looking right at it. It goes through every game, 0-25, and takes at least 30 seconds for the program to "time-out" and say it couldn't find the cover (again, I'm looking right at it).

My interpretation of selecting "downloading all missing covers" is that the program should look to see which covers are not there (in the background), pipe those results into a downloader. Right now, no matter what, it goes through EVERY SINGLE GAME ON THERE and attempts to download. It shouldn't have to go through every single game to begin with. It just makes it much much much slower.
OK, so there is something wrong then. It was unclear from your earlier statements whether you were just confused by the game names coming up as they do on mine. For me, the games get listed with only a very small pause between each (less than a second) and that is how it is supposed to work. It would take the same amount of time if you were to do the checks in the background, BTW. Your case indicates there is something else weird going on.

Your post above now seems to imply that there is only one cover per game causing this issue. If it weren't detecting the files, it would be downloading four covers for each game, not one. Which cover type is the one that has issues? Are you sure that cover type is present for each of the games in question? In particular, many games lack disc art (although the default URLs now look for custom disc art which is a lot more prevalent). Perhaps it is the lack of this art type which is causing it to keep looking for them.

If it is something like disc art, and you don't actually need it, there are several ways you could fix the problem:

1: Add "download_all_styles=0" to config.txt and it will only download the cover types that are currently in need of display (i.e., whatever cover_style is set to and also the full cover if you are using a coverflow GUI mode)

OR

2: Remove all URLs for the cover type you don't want (e.g., use "cover_url_disc = "). Cfg will still print that it is trying to find a cover, but will give up without delay as there are no URLs in the list.

If I download the manual way per each game, it works just fine.

On a side note, I see in the configurator I select how I want the games to be displayed (3D, 2D, discart). My question is, is there any way to display it like USB Loader GX does? (3D boxart, then when you select it you can either look at the front and back of the box, or the disc. I guess that's more like WiiFlow then). I loved USBLGX but it doesn't work with rev19 and v5 and fat32 right now, so I'm using this.
In the Coverflow GUI modes, pushing D-Up will display the backs of the games. You can set your cover_style to something different so that the games display as the full covers in the GUI, but the disc, 2D or 3D image is displayed in the console game list and menus instead.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dr. Clipper said:
Jabe said:
I tried it with configurator but the problem is that color_inative is set to game database info and also inactive option.

How can I make database info text being white but keeping inactive option text grey?

The database info is displayed in the inactive colour and they cannot be displayed in different colours to each other, unfortunately.

So about my impossible to read text problem what do you suggest except setting every text to white?

Gingy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried installing a forwarder and ran into ERROR! (ret = -1029). Anybody know what the issue there is?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Jabe said:
So about my impossible to read text problem what do you suggest except setting every text to white?
Set the inactive text to another colour which isn't grey or white? You have 16 colours to choose from, and many would look fine on that background.

The available colours are:
0: Black
1: Dark Red
2: Dark Green
3: Dark Yellow
4: Dark Blue
5: Purple
6: Teal
7: Bright Grey
8: Dark Grey

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dr. Clipper said:
Jabe said:
Set the inactive text to another colour which isn't grey or white? You have 16 colours to choose from, and many would look fine on that background.

Thanks I'm gonna use yellow instead. I didn't think about it before because of lack of sleep. It's 4am where I am.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
OrGoN3 said:
Yes, it does that. As in, it goes

0/25: Game Title 0
But it then says it is attempting to download the cover, even though I'm looking right at it. It goes through every game, 0-25, and takes at least 30 seconds for the program to "time-out" and say it couldn't find the cover (again, I'm looking right at it).

My interpretation of selecting "downloading all missing covers" is that the program should look to see which covers are not there (in the background), pipe those results into a downloader. Right now, no matter what, it goes through EVERY SINGLE GAME ON THERE and attempts to download. It shouldn't have to go through every single game to begin with. It just makes it much much much slower.
OK, so there is something wrong then. It was unclear from your earlier statements whether you were just confused by the game names coming up as they do on mine. For me, the games get listed with only a very small pause between each (less than a second) and that is how it is supposed to work. It would take the same amount of time if you were to do the checks in the background, BTW. Your case indicates there is something else weird going on.

Your post above now seems to imply that there is only one cover per game causing this issue. If it weren't detecting the files, it would be downloading four covers for each game, not one. Which cover type is the one that has issues? Are you sure that cover type is present for each of the games in question? In particular, many games lack disc art (although the default URLs now look for custom disc art which is a lot more prevalent). Perhaps it is the lack of this art type which is causing it to keep looking for them.

If it is something like disc art, and you don't actually need it, there are several ways you could fix the problem:

1: Add "download_all_styles=0" to config.txt and it will only download the cover types that are currently in need of display (i.e., whatever cover_style is set to and also the full cover if you are using a coverflow GUI mode)

OR

2: Remove all URLs for the cover type you don't want (e.g., use "cover_url_disc = "). Cfg will still print that it is trying to find a cover, but will give up without delay as there are no URLs in the list.

QUOTEIf I download the manual way per each game, it works just fine.

It's simply for the 3D boxart, which are available for all my games, as it will download them, it just tries to download them all and claims to fail on the ones already with a cover (taking a long, long pause too). And I can download them if I select the game (with the default boxart). Basically, I took my Zelda retail disc and ripped it onto my hard drive using CFG USB Loader. Next time I load up CFGUSBLoader the game shows up artless, with a default that I set in there (would it auto-download if I didn't??). In any case, I figured artwork would've been saved to the correct location when I ripped the disc.

To get it working, I selected the game, went to the game's individual options, went down to where you can download artwork (it said download instead of found), and it got it in seconds. Then it worked just fine. (Of course if I went to download all missing covers, what I said previously would happen).

On a side note, I see in the configurator I select how I want the games to be displayed (3D, 2D, discart). My question is, is there any way to display it like USB Loader GX does? (3D boxart, then when you select it you can either look at the front and back of the box, or the disc. I guess that's more like WiiFlow then). I loved USBLGX but it doesn't work with rev19 and v5 and fat32 right now, so I'm using this.
In the Coverflow GUI modes, pushing D-Up will display the backs of the games. You can set your cover_style to something different so that the games display as the full covers in the GUI, but the disc, 2D or 3D image is displayed in the console game list and menus instead.

D-up. Thanks.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gingy said:
Tried installing a forwarder and ran into ERROR! (ret = -1029). Anybody know what the issue there is?

If I'm not wrong, it happened to me when I used cIOS 249 rev18-19 to install wads.
As suggested some posts up (here and here), you can try using Hermes' 222v5 (IOS38 as base) or IOS36 to install wads.

However, it's not a CFGLoader-related issue.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
amrum said:
Hey everyone,

I want to make CUSBL look like coverflow but i don't know how...

In which sense? The disposition of the games? If yes, when all the games are displayed, click the down button on the WiiMote to browse the various available dispositions.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
amrum said:
Hey everyone,

I want to make CUSBL look like coverflow but i don't know how...
Push B to get to the GUI, then push D-Down until the coverflow mode you want shows up.

To make it default to the GUI mode at startup, add "gui=start" to config.txt.

To change the default GUI style to the most coverflow-like mode, add "gui_style=coverflow3d" to config.txt or settings.cfg. You can also use the loader to add it to settings.cfg for you by choosing the style you want with D-Down, then saving global options (push 1 twice then 2).

amrum

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It works !
yaywii.gif
Thanks to you 2, the Italian and the Australian !
wink.gif

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I bought an ndas IDE HDD storage.

I tried cfg usb loader, wiiflow and usb loader gx.

Only usb loader gx recognizes my HDD.

I am a FAT32 HDD user.

Anyone can help me?
unsure.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
lejong2002 said:
Yesterday I bought an ndas IDE HDD storage.

I tried cfg usb loader, wiiflow and usb loader gx.

Only usb loader gx recognizes my HDD.

I am a FAT32 HDD user.

Anyone can help me?
unsure.gif
What does Cfg say? Does it say it can't find partition WBFS1? If so, just push A to choose your FAT partition instead. You can save this as the default partition to use in the global options (push 1 twice then 2). You could also add "partition=fat1" to config.txt to make it look for that. This all assumes you are using rev 18 or rev 19 of IOS249. If you don't want to install rev 19, you need IOS222 instead and should use the 56c-222.dol.

Tutorials for all of these steps can be found via the link in my sig.

If there is some other sort of error, please state exactly how it isn't recognised and maybe we can still help.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Dochog said:
Any reason why the link to Hermes V.5 cios 222 is not on the first page?
v4 and v5 cIOS 222 is supported, however 223/224 v5 might not work the best with cfg for now.
You answered your own question
wink.gif
. If you want v5, just replace the version number in the link with a later one. I think Hermes' is up to 4.9 now, but 4.5B is where I got my version of v5 from.

Gingy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiixale said:
Gingy said:

If I'm not wrong, it happened to me when I used cIOS 249 rev18-19 to install wads.
As suggested some posts up (here and here), you can try using Hermes' 222v5 (IOS38 as base) or IOS36 to install wads.

That's probably it, consider I'm running using cIOS 249. Thanks.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gingy said:
wiixale said:
Gingy said:

That's probably it, consider I'm running using cIOS 249. Thanks.

Or just check out Waninkoko's Twitter...

QUOTE(Waninkoko @ Apr 7 2010, 11:10AM)
Getting -1029 error? Fix your WAD! Byte 0x1F1 of the ticket should be 0x00 (or 0x01 if using the Korean common key).

http://twitter.com/hackinblack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1