Hacking Configurable USB Loader

gannon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the info TyRaNtM, this *might* be fixed in v52b, but I'm not sure the exact problem. I just added a few more checks against invalid things.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm uploading a 52b version of my spanish translation.

BTW, what is the meaning of this?
translation = [AUTO] -> If you have Spanish in Wii Settings and you have ES.lang, it autodetect and use it?
This also means that you don't have to write anything to use this setting by default?

EDIT: I updated my Spanish translation with the 52b version, you can find it here:
CFG USB Loader ES (Spanish)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Another update on the Configurator... it also supports online update of itself now
smile.gif

whatup777 said:
Does this mean Your Shape is fixed? (Just for the people who have trouble.)
It should work now, but only via original disc.

Piso Mojado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm partitioning a 1TB hard drive for use with CFG USB Loader. If I put some Wii games on a FAT32 partition and some on a WBFS partition will Configurable USB Loader work and display them all together seamlessly?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Piso Mojado said:
I'm partitioning a 1TB hard drive for use with CFG USB Loader. If I put some Wii games on a FAT32 partition and some on a WBFS partition will Configurable USB Loader work and display them all together seamlessly?
No. You can only use 1 partition at a time. You can switch between the partitions fairly easily by going to the global options menu, though.

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
Piso Mojado said:
no u will have to go to the global options and changed the partition depending on what partition the games u want to play are on

i just installed the new update 52b-fat from 51-fat
the option - Wii disc loading now uses disc IOS causes me problems since im on 3.2 and dont have half the ios needed to play can there be a few options

- choose boot disc ios (249, 222 etc)
- boot disc ios disc first if not found use (249, 222 etc)

would i be able to install these ios without having to update to 4.2 etc..? and cause any problems

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bert02 said:
Piso Mojado said:
no u will have to go to the global options and changed the partition depending on what partition the games u want to play are on

i just installed the new update 52b-fat from 51-fat
the option - Wii disc loading now uses disc IOS causes me problems since im on 3.2 and dont have half the ios needed to play can there be a few options

- choose boot disc ios (249, 222 etc)
- boot disc ios disc first if not found use (249, 222 etc)

would i be able to install these ios without having to update to 4.2 etc..? and cause any problems
Actually, you do have the IOSes. There are huge bugs in the Wii disc loading code in v52b. gannon's trying to figure out what's wrong. These bugs range from crashes, to DSI errors, to Apploader -4 errors, to IOS not found errors, to other problems.

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
are you sure
heres a signcheck list of the ios i have and version etc

and could play fifa10 b4 the update but now i cant and it need ios55 and i dont have that

im 3.2E Pal - Fat.dol cios249rev17 only have 2 games burnt as i use usb
fifa10 pal - ios55 not loaded ret= -4100
NSMB pal -ios53 not loaded ret=-4100 (would only boot back to loader in 51-fat anyway but works in neogammaR7)

updated to 4.2 and installed ios etc and then got the error (Apploader -4)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bert02 said:
are you sure
heres a signcheck list of the ios i have and version etc
I'm pretty sure. It is possible this disc problem is also only for PAL consoles.

If the disc load function in v52b is working for anyone, please post your firmware version, region, whether you are using fat or non-fat .dol and games tested. Failures could also help, I guess. Remember: original discs only.

As for me, I'm 4.1 PAL, -fat .dol. All tested games failed including PAL Wii Play, US CSI:Deadly Intent, PAL Lego Star Wars and Japanese Illust Logic.

Toughschmidt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loaned all my original Wii disks to my brother, backups failed. However GameCube disk load did work.

4.2 US, skim(non-fat), v52b2. Worked with original GameCube and DVD-R backup, I do have cMIOS installed and GC Backup Loader.

Edit: I forgot I still have my WiiSports (NTSC). Also Error:
Disc IOS 9 could not be loaded! (ret = -116)
Pushing a button to restart worked.

There was an IOS 249 load error (Apploader -4) with the Wii Backup I tried to load.
Pushing a button to restart did not work. System frozen, had to hold down power button.

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
i changed back to v51-fat and booted nsmb from disc loading ios 249 and got
Code:
IOS(249).....
Returned! (ret= -2)
press any button to continue...
pic1

then i load it again and it loads and plays???
i have it set to open disc then i have to press a to get it to boot but when i open it again it just boots it (notice no confirmation with the 3 options in the first pic..?)
pic2

just find it strange it wont load then it does and it doesnt ask for confirmation to load

wozzlesnooze

Trophies
XP
Country
I have freshly modded my wii following this Modify any Wii 4.2 & below on this forum.

then installed Configurable USB Loader (Cfg_USB_Loader_51.zip)

But it freezes at load on the screen with the version down the bottom right and the name and picture of swith in the middle

I tried 2 diffent .dol files the one that was in the zip and the .dol for my FAT drive
I also tried using cIOS222 and 223 in the config file

any ideas

Wiiwu

Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
With many games on HDD, I suggest to speed up the loading/display of games covers, can CFG-Loader be optimized to just grab the ID from the file/folder names to generate the gui and avoid any read of the wbfs files until the user select a game to launch.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
wozzlesnooze said:
I have freshly modded my wii following this Modify any Wii 4.2 & below on this forum.

then installed Configurable USB Loader (Cfg_USB_Loader_51.zip)

But it freezes at load on the screen with the version down the bottom right and the name and picture of swith in the middle

I tried 2 diffent .dol files the one that was in the zip and the .dol for my FAT drive
I also tried using cIOS222 and 223 in the config file

any ideas
It sounds like you have stubbed IOSes. You didn't update to 4.2 or something after the installation, did you? In any case, I suggest you follow these steps:

http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249 (the 4.2 steps even if you aren't on 4.2)
then
http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

QUOTE(Wiiwu @ Jan 31 2010, 11:08 PM) With many games on HDD, I suggest to speed up the loading/display of games covers, can CFG-Loader be optimized to just grab the ID from the file/folder names to generate the gui and avoid any read of the wbfs files until the user select a game to launch.
It already does. You need to have titles.txt present or your files in one of the directory formats to get it to work, though.

Wiiwu

Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dr. Clipper said:
Wiiwu said:
With many games on HDD, I suggest to speed up the loading/display of games covers, can CFG-Loader be optimized to just grab the ID from the file/folder names to generate the gui and avoid any read of the wbfs files until the user select a game to launch.
It already does. You need to have titles.txt present or your files in one of the directory formats to get it to work, though.
It still does some validation check on the .wbfs file size so just wondering if there is any further optimization by skipping all the traversing into each game folder to check the file size.

Tangorfopper

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
castiglio.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Italy
OncleJulien said:
matcon5 said:
Is there a compatibility list for drives that work? I thought I saw a link to something like that, but seemed to have miss placed it.

Since it seems enclosures and IDE/SATA drives might be problematic.
Or can someone recommend what I could use. My Wii's laser is dying and I need a way to play my games
smile.gif

Thanks in advance.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...patibility_List

Let me repeat what I've written in my post some pages ago: I've an 2.5" enclosure with a maxtor disk inside. Using CFG USB Loader I have absolutely no issue at all with cIOS249 rev13 but with all versions bigger than that (rev14 up until the latest rev17) the disk is not recognized (error "ret=-1"). So you should use the compatibility list just to take a raw idea and then try for yourself if the disk is really compatible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!