Hacking Configurable USB Loader

myron0815

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey oggzee,
thanks for you impressive work on supporting the various usbloaders and filesystems ^^

But a question:
Currently wbfs/GAMEID.wbfs and wbfs/GAMEID_TITLE/GAMEID.wbfs patterns are supported for filenames (same for iso)
Would there be a chance to define a custom (maybe ini configurable) pattern?!
I'd like to have more clear filenames on my hdd... like "wbfs/TITLE [GAMEID].wbfs" or similar... (at least, not the gameid first ;)

So maybe we could scan the directory once upon startup and cache the filename/gameid reference in some file/memory?!

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are there any Configurable USB Loader channels that are actually channels and not forwarders? I ask because I'm having trouble partitioning my 8G SDHC card via XP and I'd rather use WBFS than FAT32 if I have to choose one or the other.

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
skroooagh said:
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are there any Configurable USB Loader channels that are actually channels and not forwarders? I ask because I'm having trouble partitioning my 8G SDHC card via XP and I'd rather use WBFS than FAT32 if I have to choose one or the other.
You can find old channels in the first post of this topic.
But if you want a channel with one of the latest releases, you can always inject a new dol into an old wad(forwarder too).
For inject dols into wads you can use DolMii, from Wii.cs Tools.

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Jabe said:
oggzee said:
cfg v50c (bugfix)
cfg50c.dol
cfg50c-fat.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

* Fixed starting games from SD Card with FAT or NTFS
(No additional SDHC compatibility changes, just making SD work as in v49)

Thanks that fixed my problem.
It solved mine as well, thanks!
gbasp.gif

Mr_Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

As I could not find the answer in this thread and not using the commandline I will ask it here:
I would like to copy my ISOs to USB drive using wbfs_file (NTFS) to save space as it uses the 'sparse' function supported by NTFS.

As I would like to add a hash check to see if my ISO is still intact and not corrupted, I do not like converting it to WBFS and then to ISO. Is there a way to do this?

I know 'Wii Backup Manager' can do it, but I like wbfs_file more because I can integrate it in my context menu (right mouse click .iso --> copy to HD (sparse, 1on1)). I will be able to create this if I know the right command to use.

Thanks in advance..

Azhrei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I cannot get NSMB working on my 4.1E Wii to save my life. I have tried every guide I can find, updated the loader, updated my IOS files, tried the Cboot2 (confused and irritated at this one - with one method, it says to turn on the Wii and go to the SD channel, then insert the card and whatever is needed to boot to install something will boot - instead, the Wii freezes. With another, it says to go to to the HBC channel, press home and go to Bootmii, and then cboot2 will load. There is no "go to Bootmii" option and yes, I have Bootmii installed)... I have both an .ISO on my USB hard drive that gives no problems with other games, and my flat-mate actually bought the game so we have the actual disc here with us, also.

I just cannot get the damn thing to run, either with the .ISO or the game disc. Every guide tells me to download multiple files - the cboot2 guide even tells me to email someone to get them. Why do I need to do that? Presumably this person doesn't mind people using these files because he's sending them out? Why then can't they be put up on Rapidshare or something? And don't get me started on how many forums I've had to register for because they won't reveal either the names of and/or the actual files until you're a member. I've been tearing my hair out because of this and I am so annoyed with the situation right now. I'm a reasonably technically competent person but it seems the most illiterate barely-teenagers on the Internet knows what IOS' are, which ones to install, what programs to use with them, the multiple programs you can download them with, which to use with each game... there are so many files everywhere in the process that it makes my head spin. I used to program in Assembly, I used to be a debug/reworker, and I enjoy building pc's for people, but for the life of me I cannot figure out this thing at all.

If anyone can point me to a well-written guide that doesn't involve overly-elaborate conjuring of the arcane arts so I can get this effing game to run, I would be very appreciative.

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
laurozza said:
skroooagh said:
You can find old channels in the first post of this topic.
But if you want a channel with one of the latest releases, you can always inject a new dol into an old wad(forwarder too).
For inject dols into wads you can use DolMii, from Wii.cs Tools.

Worked perfectly, thankyou!

cgpr4life2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I am wondering if the ocarina works properly on this. I am trying to texture hack my backup of SSBB. When I go to play SSBB it says that the codes were found but no changes to my characters textures are made.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Azhrei said:
If anyone can point me to a well-written guide that doesn't involve overly-elaborate conjuring of the arcane arts so I can get this effing game to run, I would be very appreciative.
You don't really need a guide - install waninkokos cios, hermes cios (if you want to use a fat/ntfs drive) and run configurable usb loader.

Nothing more is needed.

Wii Warrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question.
I softmodded my nephews wii for him and it is now running great with cfg loader.

Problem is He is getting the Band Hero game and instruments for xmas and I am wondering if the instruments are going to work ok with the original game disk and also with the game running off the HD with cfg loader.

Dont want him to have all the kit and not be able to play them on xmas morning.

Thanks for any help/advice

fonetval

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody,

I just upgrade my freshly installed (and working) cfg v50 (release) to the 50c one, and now I've got the message (just after the progress bar of loading in HBC) : "not a valid wii application"
cry.gif

Some précisions :

update of cfg UsbLoader via "update" option of cfg loader (choice between 50a,50b and 50c)
4.1E + WiiKey
HDD seagte 500Go, works perfectly with Loader Gx, Wiiflow 1.1 and cfg loader 50 ...

Any idea of what appened ?

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii Warrior said:
Just a quick question.
I softmodded my nephews wii for him and it is now running great with cfg loader.

Problem is He is getting the Band Hero game and instruments for xmas and I am wondering if the instruments are going to work ok with the original game disk and also with the game running off the HD with cfg loader.

If you install Hermes cIOS 222 it will work fine from the HDD, don't know about the DVD but it should.
I don't play games off the DVD's everything is dumped to the HDD for ease of use for my 5 year old with Cerebral Palsy.
It's easier for him to select from the HDD then change DVD's

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Wii Warrior said:
Just a quick question.

THe only thing you need to do is ensure you use a version of IOS222/223 that has been merged with IOS37 when it was installed. If you can't remember what you used when you installed them or never installed IOS222/223, just follow the instructions here, which will install the needed version into IOS222 for you. Make sure you set Cfg to use IOS222 to run the game as well.

Azhrei said:
I cannot get NSMB working on my 4.1E Wii to save my life. I have tried every guide I can find, updated the loader, updated my IOS files, tried the Cboot2 (confused and irritated at this one - with one method, it says to turn on the Wii and go to the SD channel, then insert the card and whatever is needed to boot to install something will boot - instead, the Wii freezes. With another, it says to go to to the HBC channel, press home and go to Bootmii, and then cboot2 will load. There is no "go to Bootmii" option and yes, I have Bootmii installed)... I have both an .ISO on my USB hard drive that gives no problems with other games, and my flat-mate actually bought the game so we have the actual disc here with us, also.

I just cannot get the damn thing to run, either with the .ISO or the game disc. Every guide tells me to download multiple files - the cboot2 guide even tells me to email someone to get them. Why do I need to do that? Presumably this person doesn't mind people using these files because he's sending them out? Why then can't they be put up on Rapidshare or something? And don't get me started on how many forums I've had to register for because they won't reveal either the names of and/or the actual files until you're a member. I've been tearing my hair out because of this and I am so annoyed with the situation right now. I'm a reasonably technically competent person but it seems the most illiterate barely-teenagers on the Internet knows what IOS' are, which ones to install, what programs to use with them, the multiple programs you can download them with, which to use with each game... there are so many files everywhere in the process that it makes my head spin. I used to program in Assembly, I used to be a debug/reworker, and I enjoy building pc's for people, but for the life of me I cannot figure out this thing at all.

The cboot2 method is like that because it is illegal to post links to the files as they contain Nintendo code. Thus, an automated e-mail address is set up, but all it does is send you a link anyway.

The game works fine when an original disc is installed via normal methods (either using the automated patch, or the BCA method), so I don't know what's going wrong for you, sorry.

QUOTE(fonetval @ Dec 22 2009, 05:53 AM)
Hi everybody,

I just upgrade my freshly installed (and working) cfg v50 (release) to the 50c one, and now I've got the message (just after the progress bar of loading in HBC) : "not a valid wii application"
cry.gif

Some précisions :

update of cfg UsbLoader via "update" option of cfg loader (choice between 50a,50b and 50c)
4.1E + WiiKey
HDD seagte 500Go, works perfectly with Loader Gx, Wiiflow 1.1 and cfg loader 50 ...

Could be just an error in the write process to the SD card. Copy the backup version of your previous boot.dol back over the new one and try again.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
fonetval said:
Hi everybody,

cry.gif

Some précisions :

4.1E + WiiKey

It seems that somehow the downloaded file got corrupted, why and when that happened i don't know, could be during network transfer, maybe a filesystem corruption... I suggest taking your SD to the PC and run a disk check there (or HDD if you're running from one). Then remove boot.dol and rename boot.dol.bak (that is the previous one) to boot.dol and try again. If you want to skip the PC disk check, you can remove & rename using ftpii or other tools as well...

edit: ah clipper beat me in replying...

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cgpr4life2 said:
Hello I am wondering if the ocarina works properly on this. I am trying to texture hack my backup of SSBB. When I go to play SSBB it says that the codes were found but no changes to my characters textures are made.

If all you're trying to do is texture hacks, I can guarantee they work fine. I use them all the time.

dova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reposting for the morning crowd: i'm having trouble playing games. everything's installed fine and the games loaded to my harddrive fine, but when i try to play them with configurable, it says "loading wii game, please wait" and freezes there. any reason why that keeps happening?

i'm using all the latest revisions of homebrew/ios249/configurable on nintendo updated 4.2 (installed ios249 after updating) and i'm using a wbfs partition (partition 1: 4gb fat/partition 2(active): 170gb wbfs...)

i had basically the same problem using usbloader gx, only it didn't give me a loading screen, just a black one.

thanks a lot for any insight

cgpr4life2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alexcalibur said:
cgpr4life2 said:

If all you're trying to do is texture hacks, I can guarantee they work fine. I use them all the time.
Well then I have no idea where I went wrong.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dova said:
reposting for the morning crowd: i'm having trouble playing games. everything's installed fine and the games loaded to my harddrive fine, but when i try to play them with configurable, it says "loading wii game, please wait" and freezes there. any reason why that keeps happening?

i'm using all the latest revisions of homebrew/ios249/configurable on nintendo updated 4.2 (installed ios249 after updating) and i'm using a wbfs partition (partition 1: 4gb fat/partition 2(active): 170gb wbfs...)

i had basically the same problem using usbloader gx, only it didn't give me a loading screen, just a black one.

thanks a lot for any insight
Even though you believe it is fully updated, try installing IOS249 again just to be sure.

Also, which game?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wbfs_file 2.2
wbfs_file_2.2.zip
(included sources, binaries for windows linux and macosx and utility scripts)
Changes:
v2.2:
* Fixed creation of directoris in case the title contained trailing space.
Trailing space in directory is not allowed on windows so now it is trimmed.
* Minor fixes to move_dirs.bat to better handle directories with spaces.
(It still doesn't handle properly directories with exclamation marks '!')

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(