Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Peache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
unsure.gif
oggzee are you going to go through the SDHC code for Configurable USB Loader? It's the only homebrew program that won't boot up on my kingston 16gb SDHC. I've been waiting patiently but nothings been done with this issue and i'm not the only one with this problem. I hope you can fix it as your loader is the only one i'll ever use
wink2.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
shadowtroop said:
[20:35] need help
[20:35] got my games on an ntfs partition
[20:35] under /WBFS
[20:35] CFG says no games
[20:36] is there a limit to how many files can be on the partition?
[20:36] the partition has a LOT of other files too

copypasta'd from chat.
PLZ help.
And you can't be bothered to edit your question properly?
Why should anyone bother to answer?
Anyway, maybe try with lower case /wbfs instead of /WBFS.
It seems on ntfs that is case sensitive, but it was not intentional.

Budweiser said:
etrigan said:
There is a limit, but you have not hit it. Not sure what the error is, but its not due to ntfs itself:
http://www.ntfs.com/ntfs_vs_fat.htm
Just out of curiosity what is the limit on games on a partition?
is there a limit the Configurable USB Loader will read? Thanks Bud
smile.gif
There is no hard limit set.

QUOTE(Peache @ Dec 20 2009, 06:30 AM)
unsure.gif
oggzee are you going to go through the SDHC code for Configurable USB Loader? It's the only homebrew program that won't boot up on my kingston 16gb SDHC. I've been waiting patiently but nothings been done with this issue and i'm not the only one with this problem. I hope you can fix it as your loader is the only one i'll ever use
wink2.gif
I don't have one
unsure.gif
, so I won't promise anything.
wink2.gif

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Oggzee,

First of all thanks for the excellent loader. An impressive piece of work.
I have it booted automatically with preloader. I almost never see the Nintendo Wii menu anymore
yay.gif

I have a suggestion for new functionality which I could not see listed in the Faq section (not sure if it has been asked earlier):
would it be possible to position the cursor to the last played game in the game list when starting the USB loader ?
In a lot of cases you want to play your last purchased game a couple of days in a row.....

(Currently doing this manually by renaming games like "AA_blablabla" to get them on top of the list but it needs constant updating of titles.txt)

Thanks in advance!

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mousex said:
How often do I have to tell these NTFS-compressed-file-lovers that that sparse-iso files have the same size as compressed iso files? Just amke sparse .iso fiels from your isos with wbfs_file, you can keep your 2TB of warez on the drive as 1TB and still play them and also directly burn them and use wii scrubber. Read the damn thread ChaosEnergy.
And as you are on Windows you can use the .bat file instead of the .sh file (yes the one with the same name but with .bat at the ending, I also wrote this on one of the last three pages, is it to much to read at least the last few pages?)

You are right!
I have 100GB of iso files and they occupy only 60GB on my NTFS drive.

And for the NTFS being read only... I use my 16 GB usb key to backup my games and then I transfer them on the External hard disk. It's a solution
rolleyes.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wiiuser2 said:
Hi Oggzee,

First of all thanks for the excellent loader. An impressive piece of work.
I have it booted automatically with preloader. I almost never see the Nintendo Wii menu anymore
yay.gif

I have a suggestion for new functionality which I could not see listed in the Faq section (not sure if it has been asked earlier):
would it be possible to position the cursor to the last played game in the game list when starting the USB loader ?
In a lot of cases you want to play your last purchased game a couple of days in a row.....

(Currently doing this manually by renaming games like "AA_blablabla" to get them on top of the list but it needs constant updating of titles.txt)

Thanks in advance!
Maybe one day...
At the moment you can mark those games as favorites inside the loader in game options and show only favorites by pressing button 2 in game list.
There is also the pref_game option, but that is not too practical to use...

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
im new to all this and searching isnt achieving anything as usb loader and ntfs are too common

so what i want to know is whats the benefit of using ntfs to run your games on over wbfs format is there 1...
apart from the not having to use wbfs manager and then you could use that partition for other stuff aswell instead of it reserved for just games am i right...?
how do u have the games in wbfs format if there on the ntfs drive?
does it take longer to find them because it would have to search through a bigger partition??
would u still need a small fat partition for the home brew apps or can they be used on ntfs aswell

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
folder structure.... i have the drive in ntfs format then in root dir i have a folder wbfs with an iso that i have ripped from my wii to hdd then copied from wbfs manager to computer then placed in folder and it doesnt recognise it

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosEnergy said:
move_dirs.bat script has trouble to run, if it is contained in a folder with a space in name
also it runs into trouble if file name contain character's like !
Normally on windows you don't have spaces in the folder name as it's mostly X:/wbfs. On Unix/OS X you can often have spaces in the name, for me it is /Volumes/Wii NTFS/wbfs.
So you could try running move_files.sh in cygwin. Cygwin is a whole lot better than the default windows cmd. Or you could try putting some " here and there in the bat file where they are needed.

Jodiskett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
Normally on windows you don't have spaces in the folder name as it's mostly X:/wbfs. On Unix/OS X you can often have spaces in the name, for me it is /Volumes/Wii NTFS/wbfs.
So you could try running move_files.sh in cygwin. Cygwin is a whole lot better than the default windows cmd. Or you could try putting some " here and there in the bat file where they are needed.
??
yes like "program files"
rolleyes.gif

shadowtroop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
shadowtroop said:
[20:35] need help
[20:35] got my games on an ntfs partition
[20:35] under /WBFS
[20:35] CFG says no games
[20:36] is there a limit to how many files can be on the partition?
[20:36] the partition has a LOT of other files too

copypasta'd from chat.
PLZ help.
And you can't be bothered to edit your question properly?
Why should anyone bother to answer?
Anyway, maybe try with lower case /wbfs instead of /WBFS.
It seems on ntfs that is case sensitive, but it was not intentional.

I'm really sorry oggzee, it was late at night for me and my parents were about to beat me up for being on the computer too long...

EDIT: tried it and it didn't work. trying out a FAT32 partition now.

EDIT2: It worked!

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jodiskett said:
mousex said:
??
yes like "program files"
rolleyes.gif
I was talking about te wbfs folder stupid!
I don't think that yo uhave your wbfs files in "Program Files" and that cfg loads this files from this folder. That's why I said it's mostly X:/wbfs (replace X with any otherletter that you drive may have). So please don't post if you are just writing bullshit. Thanks.
By the way, on a German system it's "Programme", no space in there.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
some germans use english systems
wink.gif

my wbfs_file and the bat are in a folder with spaces
I got it fixed with a "" in first checks, but later it dropped some stupid pathes
i moved everything now into root of disc

GLiTcH

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
ok i updated to Waninkoko's IOS249, cIOS38_rev14-Installer. it all went fine. i cant load off wbfs drive or fat or ntfs..... it just crashes on start up of the game...

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosEnergy said:
some germans use english systems
wink.gif

my wbfs_file and the bat are in a folder with spaces
I got it fixed with a "" in first checks, but later it dropped some stupid pathes
i moved everything now into root of disc
When I use Windows I use a English one, too as I was too lazy to install the German MUI
tongue.gif
I just wanted ot say that there are Systems which don't have spaces in the Programs directory. It was a as useless comment like the one I answered, I was talking about the wbfs directory and this faggot starts talking about the Program Files dir
tongue.gif

The cmd handling of files is really annoying that's why I recommended cygwin, you don't need "" there as spaces get masked like " " becomes "\ " and will be recognized even without ".

Jodiskett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
Jodiskett said:
mousex said:
??
yes like "program files"
rolleyes.gif
I was talking about te wbfs folder stupid!
I don't think that yo uhave your wbfs files in "Program Files" and that cfg loads this files from this folder. That's why I said it's mostly X:/wbfs (replace X with any otherletter that you drive may have). So please don't post if you are just writing bullshit. Thanks.
By the way, on a German system it's "Programme", no space in there.
Plz do not insult it seems to be more efficient
You spoke about space in windwos i gave an example thats all

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't speak, I wrote.
And I wasn't writing about space in windows but about spaces in the wbfs-folder names. Do you think I'm that stupid that I don't know that you can use spaces in file names on Windows?
OncleJulien said:
stay classy gbatemp...stay classy.
gbatemp never was classy
tongue.gif
It's the 4chan of video games.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
mousex said:
I didn't speak, I wrote.
And I wasn't writing about space in windows but about spaces in the wbfs-folder names. Do you think I'm that stupid that I don't know that you can use spaces in file names on Windows?
OncleJulien said:
stay classy gbatemp...stay classy.
gbatemp never was classy
tongue.gif
It's the 4chan of video games.

you did actually mention no spaces in windows folder names in the qouted post above

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm