dova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
dova said:
reposting for the morning crowd: i'm having trouble playing games. everything's installed fine and the games loaded to my harddrive fine, but when i try to play them with configurable, it says "loading wii game, please wait" and freezes there. any reason why that keeps happening?

i'm using all the latest revisions of homebrew/ios249/configurable on nintendo updated 4.2 (installed ios249 after updating) and i'm using a wbfs partition (partition 1: 4gb fat/partition 2(active): 170gb wbfs...)

i had basically the same problem using usbloader gx, only it didn't give me a loading screen, just a black one.

thanks a lot for any insight
Even though you believe it is fully updated, try installing IOS249 again just to be sure.

Also, which game?

tried it with new super mario, wii fit, and resident evil. i'll try reinstalling IOS249. if that doesn't work do you suggest giving hermes a shot?

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
WiiPower said:
oggzee said:
WiiPower said:
What was the fix for peppa pig? If it's the Sam & Max fix without a title id switch, you killed cIOS rev15 compatiblity.
It's this:
CODEÂÂÂÂ/* Shutdown IOS */
ÂÂÂÂ//SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_SHUTDOWN, 0, 0);
ÂÂÂÂ// fix for PeppaPig (from NeoGamma)
ÂÂÂÂextern void __exception_closeall();
ÂÂÂÂIRQ_Disable();
ÂÂÂÂ__IOS_ShutdownSubsystems();
ÂÂÂÂ__exception_closeall();
goddamit i spent hours to find the right peace of neogamma that fixes it
smile.gif

If that's really fixes it, you are really quick. I hope that code is good and doesn't produce any problems. Well it's used quite a long time already, so i guess it's safe, but i'm not sure as the other one looked safe until now.

Removing SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_SHUTDOWN, 0, 0); may cause issues in Metroid Prime...

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dova said:
Dr. Clipper said:
dova said:
reposting for the morning crowd: i'm having trouble playing games. everything's installed fine and the games loaded to my harddrive fine, but when i try to play them with configurable, it says "loading wii game, please wait" and freezes there. any reason why that keeps happening?

i'm using all the latest revisions of homebrew/ios249/configurable on nintendo updated 4.2 (installed ios249 after updating) and i'm using a wbfs partition (partition 1: 4gb fat/partition 2(active): 170gb wbfs...)

i had basically the same problem using usbloader gx, only it didn't give me a loading screen, just a black one.

thanks a lot for any insight
Even though you believe it is fully updated, try installing IOS249 again just to be sure.

Also, which game?

tried it with new super mario, wii fit, and resident evil. i'll try reinstalling IOS249. if that doesn't work do you suggest giving hermes a shot?

Did you use anytitledeleter to delete cios 249 after you updated and before you installed 249? Don't delete any ios < 200!

-Erik

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
josete2k said:
Removing SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_SHUTDOWN, 0, 0); may cause issues in Metroid Prime...
Thanks for letting me know.
Can you tell what kind of issues and which version of the game?
(Just prime, or 3 or trilogy or what else is there?)
Can anyone confirm/deny if metroid prime works with cfg v49 but not with v50?
(it's v50 that contains the peppa pig fix which involves replacing the above line)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
josete2k said:
(it's v50 that contains the peppa pig fix which involves replacing the above line)

Are you sure it's the removing that makes peppa pig work? Could it be that one of the replacement commands does something that SYS_ResetSystem does not do and doing both would work on all games?

PS: What Metroid game? NeoGamma doesn't use SYS_ResetSystem and i don't know any not cIOS related problems with NeoGamma on that game.

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:

I'm really bored so I went ahead and tested what I have. I tried prime 3 and I also tried trilogy, and they both worked fine (well, I still had to use alt dols for trilogy but that's expected). both NTSC if that means anything. the loader version is 50c

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiPower said:
Are you sure it's the removing that makes peppa pig work? Could it be that one of the replacement commands does something that SYS_ResetSystem does not do and doing both would work on all games?
Ok tried it now and putting SYS_ResetSystem before or after your code or alone does not work with the piglet.
The only way it works is by removing SYS_ResetSystem and using neogamma code.

hllywood14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HemiSync said:
hllywood14 said:
cman1783 said:
Sacohen9665 said:
hllywood14 said:
anyone using a seagate free agent go 320gb drive....for some reson I can't get mine to work although i am loading homebrew from it...

I think I got a 500GB Seagate Freeagent for my wife's system and it is running fine.

My 1.5TB Freeagent works great. My friend has a 500GB Freeagent that also work perfectly.

could you give me a hand in getting mine to work then????
running 4.2u
ios249 rev14..but have also tied 15
ios 222/223 ver 4
am at this moment running apps from the drive but i have tried 4 dif loaders but no go...
Every one I have setup with CFG Loader we have used USB Freeagent GO drives, 250, 320, & 500GB. The only time we saw the problem you are referring to and all the right CIOSes were installed was when one friend had it plugged into USB1 and not USB0. USB0 is the plug closest to the edge of the Wii. When it is plugged into USB1 the homebrew channel will stil see and run apps but when you start up USB Loaders you will usually get the wait 30 secs message and then a RET=1 before either going to a black screen or returning to HBC. Please be sure you have it plugged into the correct plug. If that doesn't fix it then give more info on what it is doing when your try.

sorry it took a while to respond....i have tried both usb ports...first part is 60gb fat32 marked active and primary...second is rest of drive marked primary and formated wbfs with 1 game on it....wii is 4.2 updated nintendo but then performed all steps for 4.2 update the 4.2 mod as in the guides listed....using neogamma 8 i can load dvd-r backups and it says ios 249 rev14.....not sure what my prob could be...sorry took so long to reply but the snow got me....if you want you can PM me that may even be better for me since you have performed what i am looking for with the same equip....thanks in advance..

Azhrei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
George Dawes said:
You don't really need a guide - install waninkokos cios, hermes cios (if you want to use a fat/ntfs drive) and run configurable usb loader.

Nothing more is needed.

I have Waninkoko's CIOS 249 rev 14, and Hermes CIOS 222 rev 4, and it still won't work. And as for Configurable USB Loader, what options should I choose to run the game with? CIOS 249? 222/3 mload? Error 002 fix? Alternative .dol? Nobody says anything about this, just "do this and then load Configurable USB Loader and you're away". And yeah, I have a WBFS 120GB USB drive.

LordVolk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question on this. I have the configurable USB loader on my wii right now. Would it be possible to launch gamecube games with it, and if so coudl you point me in the right direction?

GLiTcH

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
Azhrei said:
George Dawes said:
You don't really need a guide - install waninkokos cios, hermes cios (if you want to use a fat/ntfs drive) and run configurable usb loader.

Nothing more is needed.

I have Waninkoko's CIOS 249 rev 14, and Hermes CIOS 222 rev 4, and it still won't work. And as for Configurable USB Loader, what options should I choose to run the game with? CIOS 249? 222/3 mload? Error 002 fix? Alternative .dol? Nobody says anything about this, just "do this and then load Configurable USB Loader and you're away". And yeah, I have a WBFS 120GB USB drive.
i got same thing installed ..mine just crashes on al formats wbfs,fat,ntfs

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I'm not gonna be able to update themes or cover art or anything without a FAT32 partition, so here I am...

What free programs are out there that will let me make partitions on an SDHC card on XP? The one in the OP is way too big for my crappy Aussie bandwidth - what else do people recommend?

LordVolk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skroooagh said:
Alright, I'm not gonna be able to update themes or cover art or anything without a FAT32 partition, so here I am...

What free programs are out there that will let me make partitions on an SDHC card on XP? The one in the OP is way too big for my crappy Aussie bandwidth - what else do people recommend?
In order to make a partition on your SDHC card follow these steps

1) Insert card into any card reader that can handle SDHC
2) go to your control panel
3) Click Administrative tools
4) click computer management
5) you should see an area labeled storage, click disc management under that.
6) Wait for it to load
7) Click the drive that contains the SDHC
8) right click, hit make partition
9) wait
10) done

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
LordVolk said:
quick question on this. I have the configurable USB loader on my wii right now. Would it be possible to launch gamecube games with it, and if so coudl you point me in the right direction?
The only answer I can give is no, you can't do that.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a suggestion for simple wbfs manager/ wii game manager

sync two hard drives. if hard drive a has games hard drive b doesn't have it will add them and games not on hard drive a will be added

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GLiTcH said:
Azhrei said:
George Dawes said:

Nothing more is needed.

i got same thing installed ..mine just crashes on al formats wbfs,fat,ntfs
i don't know if this will help, but it crashed on me for the longest time (i could find NO answer) but when i switched to FAT32... it suddenly worked. maybe the file was just corrupted?

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks sage, and I call shenanigans to skroooagh. I've got XP and it allows me to do that.
actually, i find it utterly impossible to make partitions on removable media in XP... at least not with the "computer management" tool. maybe i missed something, but im pretty sure its impossible.

EDIT: woops, double posted >.

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I tried the directions LordVolk listed before and again once I read his post... no dice. I read somewhere else that XP doesn't allow partitions on removable media and just went with it because the options wouldn't appear (or were greyed out) for me.

Anyway, one more issue: I now have two partitions on my 8GB SDHC card - a big WBFS-formatted partition for games and a small FAT32 partition that I wanted to use for artwork, themes, etc. Thing is, when I try to update cover art via Configurable USB Loader I can't do it because it can't create the right sub-folders on the WBFS partition, and when I switch to the FAT32 partition it doesn't download anything because that particular partition doesn't hold any games.

I'm obviously doing something wrong - any idea what it is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course