Hacking Configurable USB Loader

andyselects

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
atomant247 said:
I have been using config usb loader and I think it is great.
One question though is it possible to get back into the games list without having to go back into the main menu and launch the loader again? (Play a game, get bored, access data base to play another.)
I think this would be a good addition to a great loader.

Sorry if off topic you guys are on about.

This isn't a loader thing. What you can do is set Preloader to autoboot to the forwarder for Cfg Loader. That way, resetting the Wii will autostart the loader. You might have a bit of difficulty getting back to the real system menu, though.

I have mine setup like this. Pressing Home and selecting "Wii Menu" goes to the Wii Menu, whereas Reset goes back to the Config USB Loader. I think there's two separate options in the Preloader settings to handle reset and return to menu. Hope this helps.

atomant247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for answers guys. Unfortunately I use my preloader to boot into WiiHome where I have a themed menu and have 2 logos, one to access wii menu and one to access homebrew channel.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
User423 said:
If I start my Loader with IOS=223-mload, are the Rips done with 223? (because I have rev14, dual layer thing)
Yes, if you put it in your config.txt (or forced by NForwarder with holding A)
Check the global options screen, (press 1 twice) it will tell you which IOS is being used.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
[...]
Well, but if the cios doesn't fix it why not do it in the loader - but just for the cioses that indeed don't fix it. Also, how to tell which patch belongs to the loader and which to the cios? For the #002 patch I think you were very clear that it belongs to the loader, i thought your stance was that all the patching should be done in the loader, so that the ios doesn't have to be updated too frequently especially if some patch proves problematic. Hmm, maybe this is different because cios 249 rev13+ actually emulates the check for dvd in drive, rather than patching the code, in that case I agree it's best to leave that to the cios, but still, i will do it for cioses that don't handle that properly. I hope this makes sense.

You can do that for the old cIOS of course. cIOSrev14 returns that a disc is inserted if it's asked, so there's no patching required. About 002, best would be if the 002 fix(the new method is not actually a patch in my eyes) wasn't necessary. When the cIOS is asked to load another IOS and it would just write into memory that it has been loaded, that would be the best solution for 002(and IOS Reloading games).

The problem with these main.dol patches is best to be seen on the new 001 and 002 versions. 002b causes the games to crash if the 002 main.dol patch was used, and the new 001(Wii Fit Plus), just can't be patched with the current pattern. I doubt 002b was intended(at least not by nintendo themselves!) but it happened. If there were direct counter messures against loaders, then online games would clear 0x1800-0x3000.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This idea might be too crazy but its a new one none the less. Ever have friends come over and you let them see your games. Then they ask which ones are multiplayer? I think the option to have labels or notes or images you could add to games could be useful for this reason and maybe even seperating games by genre or whatever else. Or is this to out of the box?

Notes for Games
- Genre of Game
- How Many Players
- Co-op, Splitscreen, online play, party game?
- Controller Options

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
LxTrix said:
This idea might be too crazy but its a new one none the less. Ever have friends come over and you let them see your games. Then they ask which ones are multiplayer? I think the option to have labels or notes or images you could add to games could be useful for this reason and maybe even seperating games by genre or whatever else. Or is this to out of the box?

Notes for Games
- Genre of Game
- How Many Players
- Co-op, Splitscreen, online play, party game?
- Controller Options
This is all covered under WiiTDB support, which probably should be on the FAQ.

shadowtroop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, now that I got new Wii Remotes (I've been operating the entire Wii with a GC controller using bootmii, and GX) I decided to try Configurable USB Loader, and I have to say, I'm pleased with the results.

But is it possible to add capability to load more than one partition? (Even at the same time?)
I say this because there are no WBFS resizers and I want to fit more games on my drive without having to backup everything.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
shadowtroop said:
Well, now that I got new Wii Remotes (I've been operating the entire Wii with a GC controller using bootmii, and GX) I decided to try Configurable USB Loader, and I have to say, I'm pleased with the results.

But is it possible to add capability to load more than one partition? (Even at the same time?)
I say this because there are no WBFS resizers and I want to fit more games on my drive without having to backup everything.
It's not at the same time, but the latest version now supports up to 10 WBFS partitions on the same drive. You can only launch games from IOS222/223 using this method, but that's not much of a restriction.

montymintypie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
And you can really play the "How to Play" video all the way to the end? That's very strange.
Err... Just checked, and no. Bugger. Everything else works though.

Installed IOS 222 and made it only used for Brawl. Love the individual game settings! Everything works now.
smile.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
It's not at the same time, but the latest version now supports up to 10 WBFS partitions on the same drive. You can only launch games from IOS222/223 using this method, but that's not much of a restriction.
A little clarification, i know i haven't documented this before:
Only 4 WBFS partitions are supported on the same drive - that is the ios222 limitation.
And they have to be located within the first 10 partitions (4 primary and 6 logical) - that is the loader's limitation.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
goku1980 said:
in all seriousness though is tere any way we can load 2 harddrives at one? ive got a sata 160 and a wd 30 both with games and would realy like not to have to switch drives??
Try using a USB hub to connect both drives and see whether the new dual partition code actually handles this case. It probably won't work, but it doesn't hurt to try.

funny thing no it dosent recognise my hub i think its 1.0 tryed it last night going to buy a 2.0 usb hub and ill see if that works

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
goku1980 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
goku1980 said:
in all seriousness though is tere any way we can load 2 harddrives at one? ive got a sata 160 and a wd 30 both with games and would realy like not to have to switch drives??
Try using a USB hub to connect both drives and see whether the new dual partition code actually handles this case. It probably won't work, but it doesn't hurt to try.

funny thing no it dosent recognise my hub i think its 1.0 tryed it last night going to buy a 2.0 usb hub and ill see if that works
Don't bother. It doesn't work with hubs after all.

The-Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
The new feature to download the titles is great, but it doesn't work here. The file that is written to the SD card is named gameslist.txt and not read by the loader when i rename that file to titles.txt is does read the file. Before testing i did clear the old files so that can't be the problem.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
The-Magician said:
The new feature to download the titles is great, but it doesn't work here. The file that is written to the SD card is named gameslist.txt and not read by the loader when i rename that file to titles.txt is does read the file. Before testing i did clear the old files so that can't be the problem.
That is not the downloaded titles.txt, but just a list of the games you have installed. It's there just as a convenience if you want to get the list of games, or can be used as a base for titles.txt if you want to edit it further.

The-Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
oggzee said:
The-Magician said:
That is not the downloaded titles.txt, but just a list of the games you have installed. It's there just as a convenience if you want to get the list of games, or can be used as a base for titles.txt if you want to edit it further.

ooh ok , then I misunderstood the feature.

bunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi:

I am having some problems with the multiple partition support.

I have a 1.5TB Seagate hard drive with three partitions (one 2GB FAT32 and two 700GB WBFS). The two WBFS partitions both work fine with ULoader, but with Configurable USB Loader, I get "Error: No partitions found! (ret = -1364690129)" when trying to switch between partitions.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
bunk said:
Hi:
I am having some problems with the multiple partition support.
I have a 1.5TB Seagate hard drive with three partitions (one 2GB FAT32 and two 700GB WBFS). The two WBFS partitions both work fine with ULoader, but with Configurable USB Loader, I get "Error: No partitions found! (ret = -1364690129)" when trying to switch between partitions.
Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Thanks.
I have an idea what I am doing wrong
wink.gif

Looks like I don't handle well hdd larger than 1TB.
Will be fixed later today.
Thanks for the report!

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
montymintypie said:
Err... Just checked, and no. Bugger. Everything else works though.

Installed IOS 222 and made it only used for Brawl. Love the individual game settings! Everything works now.
smile.gif
You didn't have to re-rip it (under IOS 222)? If you haven't, you should make sure that you do. I know I had to anyway when I had a similar issue since cIOS rev 14 was not able to properly rip the whole disc.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v45b2 (beta2)

http://sharebee.com/7e6358f6
(or online update)

* Fixed multiple WBFS partition support for drives larger than 1TB
* Fixed "DVD in drive check" by patching the game (thanks giantpune)
(only if IOS249 before rev12 or IOS222/223)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's always worth a shot