Hacking Configurable USB Loader

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee,
love the loader man its easy to use! but i have a problem with it, it can't cook a good pie(apple, cherry)
whats up with that man be cool, be a pal add pie bakeing as a option,lol. but seriously keep up the good work.

and yes im still waiting on the wann ass scratching laser!!!!!!!!!! haha

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in all seriousness though is tere any way we can load 2 harddrives at one? ive got a sata 160 and a wd 30 both with games and would realy like not to have to switch drives??

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goku1980 said:
in all seriousness though is tere any way we can load 2 harddrives at one? ive got a sata 160 and a wd 30 both with games and would realy like not to have to switch drives??

If you have a third, you could partition one of the drives to have a FAT part first and WBFS 2nd. Than reload the indivual data onto the "new" drive.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
goku1980 said:
Try using a USB hub to connect both drives and see whether the new dual partition code actually handles this case. It probably won't work, but it doesn't hurt to try.

lhadlum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to say a BIG thank you for implementing multiple partition support
biggrin.gif

I have one question though, is there any way to merge the games from all partitions into one games list, so you don't have to select an active partition?
When you have kids it is dangerous when you have the format/delete partition option on the same screen where you select the partition!

Thanks again for all your great work!

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
Hmm, I'm not sure exactly what are you trying to say, but maybe this is the option that you need:

So I guess, setting:

download_cc_pal = IT

should do the trick?
although, AUTO should set it to IT if your wii console language is set to Italian...

Or maybe I misunderstood the question?

EDIT: allright, clipper beat me once again in replying and his post makes much more sense, so, just disregard this one
wink.gif

Hi Oggzee,

This loader is called Configurable because it is the very best one in making the settings suit the willing of the user. This is a fact and full stop.
I know the present possible settings, I already use the download_cc_pal = IT and the cover download can be simply realized by means of the use of IT and then of EN in the cover_url_full configurations...

The implicit idea was different. WiiFlow introduced a new way of showing covers, zooming in them both on the front and on the back. WiiTDB is offering the opportunity of having localized covers, even HQ.

You and the other developers will have to face with the opportunity to follow or not these new courses... for example with default behaviours of the loader... and this is in any case your decision and only your one....

I do not want this loader to make cakes or coffe like others said, a loader must be a loader... and the lines I tried to tell you were just for improving a loader...

Please, forgive me if I am bothering...

Thanks Clipper for your words

Cambo

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
lhadlum said:
Just wanted to say a BIG thank you for implementing multiple partition support
biggrin.gif

I have one question though, is there any way to merge the games from all partitions into one games list, so you don't have to select an active partition?
When you have kids it is dangerous when you have the format/delete partition option on the same screen where you select the partition!

Thanks again for all your great work!
Oggzee just covered this (about the disable_format option being broken by the new feature). That option will only display when disable_format=0 in future.

lhadlum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Oggzee just covered this (about the disable_format option being broken by the new feature). That option will only display when disable_format=0 in future.

sorry, just read that after I'd posted. doh!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v45b (beta)

http://sharebee.com/ec816d4f
(or online update)

* Updated ehcmodule for IOS222-mload from uLoader 3.1
* Fixed disable_format option
* Show game info in options screen while scanning for alt.dols
* More IOS related warning notes: (thanks WiiPower)
- cIOS before rev14: possible 001 error source on new games (Wii Fit Plus)
- cIOS before rev13: need a disc in the drive
- cIOS before rev10: no sd/sdhc support
- cIOS before rev9: no usb support
* Changed the default for: download_id_len = [6]
* Changed IOS order - moved *-yal after *-mload
* Show version on intro screen
* Partition selection screen improvements
* The usual minor cleanups

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does the patch for fixing the "please insert dics" work for all ios? i know it gets rid of that warning when playing the metroid on the DVD9. I really don't feel like testing it out with different ios versions. i know for sure it works for 222v4 and it seems that it will work for all of them because it should be ios independent. if so, then you can take that off your ios warning list.

just call this when you are patching the 002 fixes and video modes right around the apploader. the order doesn't matter too much as it is checking for a long string which is inlikely to be affected be the other patches.
CODEvoid PretendThereIsADiscInTheFuckingDrive(void *buffer, u32 len)
{
ÂÂ const u8 oldcode[] = { 0x54, 0x60, 0xF7, 0xFF, 0x40, 0x82, 0x00, 0x0C, 0x54, 0x60, 0x07, 0xFF, 0x41, 0x82, 0x00, 0x0C };
ÂÂ const u8 newcode[] = { 0x54, 0x60, 0xF7, 0xFF, 0x40, 0x82, 0x00, 0x0C, 0x54, 0x60, 0x07, 0xFF, 0x48, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0C };

ÂÂÂÂÂÂ int n;

ÂÂÂÂÂÂ for(n=0;n

montymintypie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering something... I keep reading about how IOS 249 rev 14 has issues with dual layer games.

Using IOS 249 I ripped Brawl, and it ripped (and plays) fine. The movies all work correctly, and I see no sign of any other glitching.

However, when I try to play a emulated 'masterpiece' game like Super Mario Bros, it crashes and dumps me to the system menu. Is this one of the issues that IOS 249 has with dual layer games?

If it is, do I have to rip the game again with the Hermes/yal IOS's? Or can I just install and IOS that works well with DL games and just play it?

P.S. I know it's in the FAQ's already, but I'm more and more wanting the full cover zoom.

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nice... will test soon.

Show game info in options screen while scanning for alt.dols ?
What info?

Show version on intro screen
embedded or layer? (dynamic)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
montymintypie said:
I was wondering something... I keep reading about how IOS 249 rev 14 has issues with dual layer games.

Using IOS 249 I ripped Brawl, and it ripped (and plays) fine. The movies all work correctly, and I see no sign of any other glitching.

However, when I try to play a emulated 'masterpiece' game like Super Mario Bros, it crashes and dumps me to the system menu. Is this one of the issues that IOS 249 has with dual layer games?

If it is, do I have to rip the game again with the Hermes/yal IOS's? Or can I just install and IOS that works well with DL games and just play it?

P.S. I know it's in the FAQ's already, but I'm more and more wanting the full cover zoom.
Are you sure you are using rev 14? That is the only version the dual layer bug affects. The global options page (push 1 twice) will tell you which revision of IOS249 is currently installed on your system.

The Masterpieces not working is a well known issue between the game and USB Loaders for which there is currently no fix.

QUOTE(milcoi @ Oct 12 2009, 04:24 PM) nice... will test soon.

Show game info in options screen while scanning for alt.dols ?
What info?

Show version on intro screen
embedded or layer? (dynamic)

The game info is just the info about the game at the top of the console before the options show up below. This is to help with the "alt .dol pause" mentioned a few posts back. There's no new info, it's just that some of it shows up straight away.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
giantpune said:
does the patch for fixing the "please insert dics" work for all ios? i know it gets rid of that warning when playing the metroid on the DVD9. I really don't feel like testing it out with different ios versions. i know for sure it works for 222v4 and it seems that it will work for all of them because it should be ios independent. if so, then you can take that off your ios warning list.

just call this when you are patching the 002 fixes and video modes right around the apploader. the order doesn't matter too much as it is checking for a long string which is inlikely to be affected be the other patches.
CODEvoid PretendThereIsADiscInTheFuckingDrive(void *buffer, u32 len)
{
ÂÂ const u8 oldcode[] = { 0x54, 0x60, 0xF7, 0xFF, 0x40, 0x82, 0x00, 0x0C, 0x54, 0x60, 0x07, 0xFF, 0x41, 0x82, 0x00, 0x0C };
ÂÂ const u8 newcode[] = { 0x54, 0x60, 0xF7, 0xFF, 0x40, 0x82, 0x00, 0x0C, 0x54, 0x60, 0x07, 0xFF, 0x48, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0C };

ÂÂÂÂÂÂ int n;

ÂÂÂÂÂÂ for(n=0;n

montymintypie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Are you sure you are using rev 14? That is the only version the dual layer bug affects. The global options page (push 1 twice) will tell you which revision of IOS249 is currently installed on your system.

The Masterpieces not working is a well known issue between the game and USB Loaders for which there is currently no fix.

I actually forgot which IOS I was using, and used that method to find out, I am using rev 14. So the Masterpieces not working is well known, does anyone know why they don't work?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
montymintypie said:
Dr. Clipper said:

I actually forgot which IOS I was using, and used that method to find out, I am using rev 14. So the Masterpieces not working is well known, does anyone know why they don't work?
And you can really play the "How to Play" video all the way to the end? That's very strange.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
giantpune said:

Code:
void PretendThereIsADiscInTheFuckingDrive(void *buffer, u32 len)
That is the __Patch_CoverRegister from uLoader, right? You always come up with the funny names
wink.gif

Ahh, i had it on my todo to find which piece of code fixes the disc in drive problem, but haven't got the time to look it up, so, thanks for the hint and saving me time, i will include it for ios 249 rev

atomant247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been using config usb loader and I think it is great.
One question though is it possible to get back into the games list without having to go back into the main menu and launch the loader again? (Play a game, get bored, access data base to play another.)
I think this would be a good addition to a great loader.

Sorry if off topic you guys are on about.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
atomant247 said:
One question though is it possible to get back into the games list without having to go back into the main menu and launch the loader again? (Play a game, get bored, access data base to play another.)

This isn't a loader thing. What you can do is set Preloader to autoboot to the forwarder for Cfg Loader. That way, resetting the Wii will autostart the loader. You might have a bit of difficulty getting back to the real system menu, though.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
atomant247 said:

ok, i added this to the FAQ:

* Return directly to the loader when exiting a game: use preloader!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.