Hacking Configurable USB Loader

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
charroux said:
According to all my searching, there are about 725 unique, released, English language Wii games. I have 719 English language games and am looking for 21 missing games,*** snip ***

And to answer that question, there are probably about 50 really good games for the Wii, and I play about 15! I own 22, which include the 15 I actually play!

so u pirate the rest, shame on u lol
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
lecture.gif

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the choice of multiple partitions and several terabytes (ya right. . . .) i'd probably do the same thing: Put the "good" games in one part, the horrible games on another.

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlf said:
With the choice of multiple partitions and several terabytes (ya right. . . .) i'd probably do the same thing: Put the "good" games in one part, the horrible games on another.
1.5TB is all you need for now, but I'm sure it won't be enough by the end of 2010. The "good" games would fit on a simple 200GB drive!

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
charroux said:
According to all my searching, there are about 725 unique, released, English language Wii games. I have 719 English language games and am looking for 21 missing games,*** snip ***

And to answer that question, there are probably about 50 really good games for the Wii, and I play about 15! I own 22, which include the 15 I actually play!

so u pirate the rest, shame on u lol
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
lecture.gif
cool.gif
I'm not a pirate: I don't own a ship!

I feel so ashamed of my self, I'm going to delete all my games...
unsure.gif
... darn my delete button is broken. Oh well.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only download the best wii games (which isnt saying much) but i also have every single rock band/guitar hero installed which takes up a lot of space. I also have the kareoke games installed also. Once the NAND from SD/USB gets going, i'll convert all the guitar games into DLC for rock band 2 and store them on the nand, which will clean up a ton of space. Looking very forward to that day when i can fire up rock band 2 and have 100's of songs to play.

onad0301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
need some help..having start up issue with config loader 44..i have a 4.1u softmod with a wd 320gig hdd and config loader 44 and usb loader gx installed on sd card...now my issue...if i don't use the wii for a couple of hours...when i power on....it goes to the menu...i pick hbc... then config44....then a black screen...won't pick up usb hdd..power off then on again..hbc..then i have to pick usb loader gx...it picks up the hdd...exit to hbc then have to pick config loader 44 ...then it picks up the hdd then everything is fine...leave for acouple of hours..then have to thru the same routine..

any help would be appreciated

thanx onad

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
western digital MyBook Passport (thats the name of your 320 gig hdd) does not "fall asleep" I have one i use for all my youtube WBFS videos and it works fine with the newest release of Usb Loader CFG and GX
wink.gif
while typically that is the problem i dont see how it could be with that particular HDD
wink.gif
ive heavily tested it on usb loaders (by that i mean most of the locals have me hack there wii's and they usually buy that exact same HDD (from walmart onsale under 100$ USD) and for as long as usb loader 1.5 has been out we (about 11 users i can count strait off) have all used the passport by western digital not one of them has the spindown issue you might (as terrible as it sounds) want to get the WD FAT 32 FORMAT UTILITY tool (its made for that HDD) and format to FAT32 BEFORE you format to WBFS
wink.gif

I can also confir the 1 TB drives called Western Digital MyBook Essentials HDD's work really well and have there own power supplies/dont have spindown issues...

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry but you fail to relize what my post ment.

depending on what time e.g year you bought you HDD and what region for what matter have slight hardware changes and improvements depening on the manifacturers wishs "We have the right to change any aspect of the hardware without giving prior notice"

for your post to be valid you would of had to have bought the same HDD from the same place in the same quarter it was made

basically the same HDD that was bought 1 year ago is most definetly NOT going to have the exact specs as one bought a week ago.

to test a spindown theory simply load a game up hit the home button and leave it standing for 15-30 mins depending on the configuration of the HDD it'll be different across different manufacturers, then when the times up hit the home button again and if the game freezes, its a spindown issues

and yes WD My Books Essential 1TB HDD's do have spindowns, EVERY HDD ever made internal or external has spindowns it depends on OS configurations and hardware configurations that determin when a HDD actual spins down, the whole point of a HDD spindown is to save energy(not that its much) and to extend the life of the HDD, thus spining down the HDD when its not in use

p.s in all your videos ive noticed that the HDD your using takes it time on spinups, hence CFG counts up because your drive has fallen asleep and CFG is waiting for it to spin up

Roobitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I think I found an issue. When I tried to download the cheats .txt file for Zelda Twilight Princess, it gave me the message: "Too many cheats!" (256) and something about a parsing error. Looks like it can only handle so many cheats.

The downloading worked fine for Mario Kart Wii and House of the Dead (although I couldn't get the code to do anything).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Roobitz said:
Hey guys, I think I found an issue. When I tried to download the cheats .txt file for Zelda Twilight Princess, it gave me the message: "Too many cheats!" (256) and something about a parsing error. Looks like it can only handle so many cheats.

The downloading worked fine for Mario Kart Wii and House of the Dead (although I couldn't get the code to do anything).

When messing with Ocarina, always try different hooktypes. Did you get an error on the download itself, or when trying to use the cheats? If it's on use, it may be because the loader does not support the new Ocarina engine(yet).

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Roobitz said:

When messing with Ocarina, always try different hooktypes. Did you get an error on the download itself, or when trying to use the cheats? If it's on use, it may be because the loader does not support the new Ocarina engine(yet).
Sounds like the 2nd possibility. It's a know issue, and it's telling you the truth. You have to have less thatn 256 lines in the cheat txt file, so edit out the ones you won't use. Upgrading the cheat engine in the loader is a very, very low priority.

onad0301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanx for the responses guys....i just bought the wd hdd about 5 weeks ago from best b** in canada.... when i get a chance i'm going to try the " load a game and wait 15-30 min " thing to see.... i did some research and thats why i went with this hdd because there was no spindown problems...also found out that wd doesn't have a program to disable spindown on these hdd's

onad

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
I can also confir the 1 TB drives called Western Digital MyBook Essentials HDD's work really well and have there own power supplies/dont have spindown issues...

I have a 500GB Western Digital Essential Edition and have not had any spin down problems, except for when I first turn on the system it may not see the drive, but the fix that Narolez did to his loader to re-check has fixed that issue.

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IxthusTiger said:
the games didn't load either, I get a black screen.

if it is as you say, why would the banner sound be detected and play fine, then later not be detected? is there something wrong with my hard drive?

Is there a way to check an "unformatted" (wbfs) partition for errors?

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
pepxl said:
sorry but you fail to relize what my post ment.

depending on what time e.g year you bought you HDD and what region for what matter have slight hardware changes and improvements depening on the manifacturers wishs "We have the right to change any aspect of the hardware without giving prior notice"

for your post to be valid you would of had to have bought the same HDD from the same place in the same quarter it was made

basically the same HDD that was bought 1 year ago is most definetly NOT going to have the exact specs as one bought a week ago.

to test a spindown theory simply load a game up hit the home button and leave it standing for 15-30 mins depending on the configuration of the HDD it'll be different across different manufacturers, then when the times up hit the home button again and if the game freezes, its a spindown issues

and yes WD My Books Essential 1TB HDD's do have spindowns, EVERY HDD ever made internal or external has spindowns it depends on OS configurations and hardware configurations that determin when a HDD actual spins down, the whole point of a HDD spindown is to save energy(not that its much) and to extend the life of the HDD, thus spining down the HDD when its not in use

p.s in all your videos ive noticed that the HDD your using takes it time on spinups, hence CFG counts up because your drive has fallen asleep and CFG is waiting for it to spin up
I have a 500GB Seagate IDE drive in a 3.5" Vantec Nextar 3 enclosure and it doesn't spin down even when the Wii is off. I left it overnight and in the morning touching the drive it was still spinning just as fast as when I play a game. So not all drives spin down unfortunately.

It has a power switch on the back so I just turn it off when not in use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j