Hacking Configurable USB Loader

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oggzee said:
TeenTin: I guess you saved global options from inside the loader, which writes the gui style also to settings.cfg, which overrides config.txt. Just select your preferred style and save global options again.

You are right ! This is exactly the cause. Thanks a lot !

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a small feature request...it's pretty minor, so feel free to not put it in.
smile.gif
I was looking at the games I had installed, and clicked one to hear it's banner sound. My impulse was then to try hitting plus to go the next one in the list but of course I couldn't. Would it be possible to add the ability to do this?

I guess it was my impulse to try doing it since that's how the Wii Menu works.
tongue.gif

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I've been away from the Wii scene for a while. My question is along the same lines as the past few posted. Can you not use your SD Card with .PNG images on it for the game covers? I only see the option to download from the internet from the changelog I believe. I notice when you highlight a game & then options you have the cover option but only see "download" as the option for obtaining the cover/game icon. Am I missing something here? I have my game cover icons on the SD in a folder. Can I not add the covers in this manner? Thanks!
unsure.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
tonybologna said:
Hey guys! I've been away from the Wii scene for a while. My question is along the same lines as the past few posted. Can you not use your SD Card with .PNG images on it for the game covers? I only see the option to download from the internet from the changelog I believe. I notice when you highlight a game & then options you have the cover option but only see "download" as the option for obtaining the cover/game icon. Am I missing something here? I have my game cover icons on the SD in a folder. Can I not add the covers in this manner? Thanks!
unsure.gif
Yes, you can use the covers on your SD card. That is where they download to. You need to set the covers_path* options in config.txt to point to your images. Use the Configurator (see my sig) to help you modify your config.txt, if you can't work out what to change.

white wolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
hey guys i lost my sd card with the usb loader on it. I still see the hombrew chanell on my wii. can i save the usb config loader on a 2nd usb flash drive and run it form there?

JDTan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone have a problem in no more heroes game?
Installed Configurable USB loader
tried 249 din't work
tried 222mload din't work either
it o
only showed black screen

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JDTan said:
Anyone have a problem in no more heroes game?
Installed Configurable USB loader
tried 249 din't work
tried 222mload din't work either
it o
only showed black screen
A lot of the time you can fix this problem by changing the video settings - try changing it from System Default to Game Default (or Vice Versa). Failing that, try one of the "Force PAL" or "Force NTSC" options.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone help me with this? I have my 750 split into 4 partitions (1 FAT, which is first, 3 WBFS's) this can read them all and will let me play games on the 'last' 3 when my FAT is WBFS yet when it's FAT formated it won't recognize any partition just gives the me the option to format to WBFS. I am using 45 (w/e that means).

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
it needs to be FAT32 and the app and base folder need to be on USB and not SD i think, could be wrong, its a question for oggzee

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i've had it run with one whole WBFS partition (no other) with everything loading from the SD card, works just fine, and it works just as well from a USB drive I think.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Yes, you can use the covers on your SD card. That is where they download to. You need to set the covers_path* options in config.txt to point to your images. Use the Configurator (see my sig) to help you modify your config.txt, if you can't work out what to change.

Thanks for this. I'll give it a try. I'll also check into the configurator program you have. Looks great!
smile.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
dlf said:
I think i've had it run with one whole WBFS partition (no other) with everything loading from the SD card, works just fine, and it works just as well from a USB drive I think.

i misunderstud your question, are you saying you want to run games fron the FAT partition but CFG is asking to fornat it?

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a FAT 32 partition on the drive along with 3 WBFS (all 3 are after the FAT) when I boot up the app it says a WBFS can not be found and wants to format one to be WBFS. Yet when I have 4 WBFS's it reads just fine. A while ago I had a FAT and ONE WBFS and it worked just fine, but with 3 and one FAT it doesn't. I am using (rev)45 of the loader.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
strange, i couldnt tell you, wait for oggzee

btw why would you need all those WBFS partitions on one drive anyway

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two are games for me and a friend (albeit split between us) and the last is for the "odd" games (endless ocean, Wii (music|play)) . . . that others may like. . . .

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
dlf said:
I have a FAT 32 partition on the drive along with 3 WBFS (all 3 are after the FAT) when I boot up the app it says a WBFS can not be found and wants to format one to be WBFS. Yet when I have 4 WBFS's it reads just fine. A while ago I had a FAT and ONE WBFS and it worked just fine, but with 3 and one FAT it doesn't. I am using (rev)45 of the loader.
It could be all your wbfs partitions are logical?
If that is so, then press A when asked to format, you will be given the partition selector and then you can select any of the wbfs partitions (without formatting). Let me know if this is the case and if the workaround works.
Can you make a snapshot of your partition selection screen and post it here so i can see what is the layout.
I think waninkoko ios249 only works with primary partitions, at least at the beginning it did, not sure what is the status now. are you using ios=222=mload in your config?

cu_shane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In 291 pages someone may have already thrown this out there, but I have a feature suggestion:

On the game load screen (the screen where it plays the banner sound) make use of all the available space by giving a summary of the game. This could be scraped from Amazon or somewhere.

I was playing with my MeediOS setup and thought something like it shows for movies would translate nicely to this program. Here is an example of the movie details screen in MeediOS:

capturecu.png

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cu_shane said:
On the game load screen (the screen where it plays the banner sound) make use of all the available space by giving a summary of the game. This could be scraped from Amazon or somewhere.

I think that it's been said that when WiiTDB is fully implemented and so this is possible to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow