usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jodiskett said:
Hi all
QUOTE said:
Same changes as v37a, but with new libfat for improved cover loading speed.

It is for all mode cover ? or just for coverflow mode ?

This would affect everything that uses the SD - cover loading in all modes, theme loading, etc. It's MUCH faster.

QUOTE(DonTlaloc @ Jul 22 2009, 04:25 AM)
The favorite-marker (favorite.png) is stretched vertically in all coverflow gui modes (not the other gui modes).

OK thanks. I'll check it out.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Also, it kept seeming to forget some of the images in the list... I guess this is a memory constraint, though, and might not be helped.

I'm going to give 37ax a try now. Hopefully it fixes things a bit.

Yes, that's a memory constraint but you should only really notice that if your scrolling fast. Once you stop all covers on the screen should appear (very slowly if you're using 37a).

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper: thanks for all the feedback, we'll iron it out!
smile.gif

And about:

Dr. Clipper said:
[...]
There's also a weird graphical shift as the console activates, like the brightness setting just goes up. I think this may be in the previous versions as well, but it couldn't be detected as it happens during the transition to the menu.
[...]

That has always been there.
smile.gif

But can be fixed.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Also, I meant to mention earlier that the twisting the Wiimote thing feels a bit weird how if you leave the pointer twisted, it keeps turning the cover around. It would seem more logical to have it turn to the back when you twist, then return to normal when you go back to the natural orientation or something. Otherwise, it would be even better to just map it to waggle. Any large acceleration burst turns the covers around, and then we don't even need to point at the TV to do it.

Finally, and this one isn't really that important, but would be nice... When you select a game (with confirm_start on) or go back to the menu with B, would it be hard to make the cover float to the menu position like the non-coverflow modes do on the scroll transition? I realise this wouldn't really work if cover_style=disc, but it should be doable for 3D or flat covers, right? I guess I just don't like the flash cut the way it is.

Yeah, Ogg and I were fighting about the wiimote rotation
tongue.gif
And actually, when he first tried it he thought it should work that way you explained. So I'll change it.

And yes, mode transitioning has been on my list todo, but I just haven't gotten there yet. Right now, we're focusing on getting libfat updated and that's about it for this release. I think we're about at the "new features" vs. "amount of code changed" limit for this release.
smile.gif

wallym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I'm running v36d via HBC on a 3.4E system and cIOS rev10. Trying to run Wii Sports Resort. Steps taken:

1) RZTP.dol extracted from disc using WiiScrubber
2) Anti 002 Fix = ON
3) Alt Dol = SD

It loads the RZTP.dol and display "Load OK!" but then resets the Wii.

After the reset, try to load the game directly without changing any options and it resets the Wii.

What else am I missing?

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Cheers!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
wallym said:
Hello,

I'm running v36d via HBC on a 3.4E system and cIOS rev10. Trying to run Wii Sports Resort. Steps taken:

2) Anti 002 Fix = ON
3) Alt Dol = SD

After the reset, try to load the game directly without changing any options and it resets the Wii.

What else am I missing?

Cheers!
Which .dol did you extract? It sounds like you tried to use main.dol or something. And use the disc method. It is so much easier than extracting .dols manually.

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
wallym said:
Hello,

2) Anti 002 Fix = ON
3) Alt Dol = SD

What else am I missing?

Cheers!
Which .dol did you extract? It sounds like you tried to use main.dol or something. And use the disc method. It is so much easier than extracting .dols manually.

Sorry if this is dumb but, I prefer the SD Method as it doesnt cost money and valuable space.
With the disk method don't you have to put the whole iso onto it? And if so isn't that a waste of 4.3 Gig.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Alex Finlay said:
Sorry if this is dumb but, I prefer the SD Method as it doesnt cost money and valuable space.
With the disk method don't you have to put the whole iso onto it? And if so isn't that a waste of 4.3 Gig.

Wasn't this answered already a couple of times?
smile.gif

The disc in question is the disc iso image on wbfs, not a physical DVD.
So, no extraction and copying required, no space used, all automatic - no hassle.
Just try it out already!
biggrin.gif

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Alex Finlay said:

smile.gif

So, no extraction and copying required, no space used, all automatic - no hassle.
Just try it out already!
biggrin.gif
Thanks for answering i got confused.
By Disc Iso Image what do you exactly mean the file on the wbfs it search's it?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Alex Finlay said:
oggzee said:
Alex Finlay said:

smile.gif

Just try it out already!
biggrin.gif

Yes, the copy of the game disc that is on WBFS.
Just try it and see.
I'm saying no more
tongue.gif

andyselects

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WRT Wii Sports Resort. I'm sure mine is working without using the Alt Dol method. I basically have Force Language: English, Force PAL 60 and Anti 002 Fix = Yes.

EDIT:- Ah, I see you need the Alt-Dol to view the Wii Motion Plus vids. I did actually use that method for the intro video then switched back to not using the Alt-Dol.

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Alex Finlay said:
oggzee said:
Alex Finlay said:

smile.gif

Just try it out already!
biggrin.gif

Just try it and see.
I'm saying no more
tongue.gif
Sorry for acting like a tard, im actualy a bit smart lol. And i will try Red steel once ive finished extracting the ISO from the Disc.

videoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
oggzee said:
Alex Finlay said:
oggzee said:
Alex Finlay said:

smile.gif

Just try it out already!
biggrin.gif

Just try it and see.
I'm saying no more
tongue.gif

or change the naming of this feature from "load alt dol from disc" to be "load alt dol from ISO"? The words 'from disc' seems confused some people.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Alex Finlay said:
Sorry for acting like a tard, im actualy a bit smart lol. And i will try Red steel once ive finished extracting the ISO from the Disc.

What are you talking about?
You don't need to extract anything!
Just enable that option(alt.dol from disc), run the game and you're all set.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
videoboy said:
oggzee said:
Just try it and see.
I'm saying no more
tongue.gif
or change the naming of this feature from "load alt dol from disc" to be "load alt dol from ISO"? The words 'from disc' seems confused some people.
And people will still be confused
dry.gif
hate2.gif
mad.gif

It seems the only way to explain this is to make a video tutorial of it

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Dr. Clipper said:
hackotedelaplaque said:
[requests]
1/On global config screen, add "force download" (like it works in per game config screen).
I had to delete all my covers png files in order to test the new country flag.
2/give the option to choose the cover type (flat,3d, disc) you want to download. Why download art discs if you don't care like many of the users ?
Both your requests are already there:
1/ Push D-pad Left on "Download All Missing Covers" and it will download them all, regardless if they are already found.
2/ Add "download_all_styles = 0" to your config.txt and then only the cover_style of the selected theme will be downloaded.

I didn't know that !
blink.gif

Thanks man.

[EDIT] tested it. Works like it sould. But what's the config to download all covers type BUT discart ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's always worth a shot