usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrozz said:
after last update i get some random crash when i exit and return to the loader
no message

Are you able to reproduce the crash? If you can, please let us know the stack dump numbers - or just take a picture of the screen.
thanks!

nitrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
usptactical said:
nitrozz said:
after last update i get some random crash when i exit and return to the loader
no message

Are you able to reproduce the crash? If you can, please let us know the stack dump numbers - or just take a picture of the screen.
thanks!

no, it just happens sometimes and no stack dump, BSOD (Black Screen of Death).

i need to power off

frown.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
36c URL features with CC tag are working great. Downloads AU covers where available, falls back to EN if not, and correctly sets US and JA for the appropriate files.

The only suggestion I can make now is replacing the {ID} tags in the other cover sites in the default URLs to be {ID6} as all of the directories now searched use only 6-character IDs.

Great work, and thank you very much!

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Dr. Clipper said:
oggzee said:
About the game id 4th letter region code:
N - Japanese Import to USA and other NTSC regions
should this be mapped to JA or US?
I don't know. I can't see any games listed on wiitdb with that in the ID (I searched all that included N, but may have missed one), so I don't think it matters which you choose for now. I guess it would be JA given that it seems it might be for games that are brought over without translation.
This info comes from a list on wiibrew that only applies to channels (virtual console), not wii games.
The letters for PAL appear to be P,D,I,F,S,X,Y. For JA it's always J and US always E.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
zorglub07 said:
This info comes from a list on wiibrew that only applies to channels (virtual console), not wii games.
The letters for PAL appear to be P,D,I,F,S,X,Y. For JA it's always J and US always E.

Yes, from here:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_database#Region_Codes
What are I,S,X and Y, those are not listed there.
This is my current mapping:

CODEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'A': return PAL;// All regions. System channels like the Mii channel use it.
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'D': return DE; // German-speaking regions.
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'E': return US; // USA and other NTSC regions except Japan
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'F': return FR; // French-speaking regions.
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'J': return JA; // Japan
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'K': return KO; // Korea
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'L': return PAL;// Japanese Import to Europe, Australia and other PAL regions
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'M': return PAL;// American Import to Europe, Australia and other PAL regions
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'N': return JA; // Japanese Import to USA and other NTSC regions
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'P': return PAL;// Europe, Australia and other PAL regions
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'Q': return KO; // Korea with Japanese language.
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'T': return KO; // Korea with English language.
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'X': return EN; // Not a real region code. Used by DVDX and Homebrew Channel.
default: return EN;

I'm probably missing something.
Also, default should probably be just PAL?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country

videoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Thanks for this great loader first! It's stable and has so many great features!

I have many ocarina cheat codes (.gct file) on SD card and it works, so I tried to test the ocarina txt function. I copied the cheat codes (.txt file) from pc to SD cards (the same folder with .gct files), but inside the game option of the loader, it said no cheat file. Can you instruct me where should I copy the cheat codes (.txt) to? p.s. I can't use Wii to download the .txt file.

Thanks!

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
make a new folder on the root of the sd card called "txtcodes" and put all .txt files there but some loaders require you to name the .txt file the same as the game id for it to show up

e.g

sd://txtcodes/RB4P08.txt

and not

sd://txtcodes/Resident Evil 4 - Wii Edition PAL.txt

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
videoboy said:
I have many ocarina cheat codes (.gct file) on SD card and it works, so I tried to test the ocarina txt function. I copied the cheat codes (.txt file) from pc to SD cards (the same folder with .gct files), but inside the game option of the loader, it said no cheat file. Can you instruct me where should I copy the cheat codes (.txt) to? p.s. I can't use Wii to download the .txt file.
Thanks!

actually it's sd:/usb-loader/codes/RHAP01.txt
i'm sorry about the lack of documentation about that
smile.gif

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
videoboy said:
Thanks!

actually it's sd:/usb-loader/codes/RHAP01.txt
i'm sorry about the lack of documentation about that
smile.gif
Can it please also check in sd://txtcodes/ too, in order to be compatible with the other HBC Ocarina cheat editors? Otherwise many of us will need to have 2 folders full of the same cheat text files. Thanks.

Any chance of making gui_transition, gui_style, gui_rows, widescreen & music Theme changable options? Many themes are incomplete without changing some of these global settings manually.

Also, how would I set the " >>" row marker to use one of the triangles or arrows found at the beginnin of the fontXX.png files? I've tried characters past } but haven't found a match to any of the ones in the png before ! (ascii 33 or 21H). All those higher characters repeat and are mostly garbage for text outlines and borders.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
charroux said:
Can it please also check in sd://txtcodes/ too, in order to be compatible with the other HBC Ocarina cheat editors? Otherwise many of us will need to have 2 folders full of the same cheat text files. Thanks.
Any chance of making gui_transition, gui_style, gui_rows, widescreen & music Theme changable options? Many themes are incomplete without changing some of these global settings manually.
Also, how would I set the " >>" row marker to use one of the triangles or arrows found at the beginnin of the fontXX.png files? I've tried characters past } but haven't found a match to any of the ones in the png before ! (ascii 33 or 21H). All those higher characters repeat and are mostly garbage for text outlines and borders.

1 & 2: maybe later, working on other stuff now.

3: the font in console mode and gui mode are different so there might be no triangle image in the console mode font, i'll need to check...

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
oggzee said:
Yes, from here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_database#Region_CodesDon't trust this list for Wii discs, it's not meant for Wii discs, only wiiware/virtual console.
For example X is confirmed to exist while it says "Not a real region code".
Here's the correct list:
CODEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'J': return JA; // Japan
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'E': return US; // USA
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'P': return PAL;// PAL
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'D': return DE; // Germany
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'F': return FR; // France
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'H': return FR; // Netherlands (quite rare)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'I': return FR; // Italy
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'S': return FR; // Spain
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'X': return EN; // PAL, not sure if it is for a specific country, but it was confirmed to be used on disc that only had French.
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'Y': return EN; // PAL, probably the same as for X

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to be anoying, but does anyone bother to read my posts:
Alex Finlay said:
Request as im a lazy person can you add it in the config or something in the next release so when you update your version it has in the config for example {Search} UsbLoader...(blaaa....Deblaaa) if {found} upgrade..... Basicly can you add it so it search's for your USB harddrive and SD Slot because its anoying having to update both Also Minor bug but if you use the internet atall to say search for codes, then go back and try to use Mload 223 it glitchs up and doesnt find the IOS, But i know i have it installed because if i back up *exit the loader* dont try to use the internet atall then use Mload 222-223 it works. Its not realy a big issue its just frustrating lol. Also could you add maybe in the forwarders for example The usb loader channel, if the usb loader cannot be utilized the channel turns off the wii. Instead of me having to go out of the channel, go into homebrew then click WiiOff application i have got And ofcorse add into it so you can turn it off in the global settings for example "if cannot find USB Device Turn off? [Yes] *switch* [No]
Just some ideas.
Lol its like everyone ignored it.
tongue.gif

Btw thanks to the themer who made Eva into a Theme. AWESOME
tongue.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zorglub07 said:
oggzee said:
Yes, from here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_database#Region_CodesDon't trust this list for Wii discs, it's not meant for Wii discs, only wiiware/virtual console.
Here's the correct list:
CODEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'J': return JA; // Japan
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'X': return EN; // PAL, not sure if it is for a specific country, but it was confirmed to be used on disc that only had French.
Why not return ES for Spain, IT for Italy and NL for Netherlands, to go with the covers on the site? And most of those EN ones should probably return PAL instead so that it looks up the download_cc_pal lookup before falling back to English, just in case.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
zorglub07 said:
oggzee said:
Here's the correct list:
Code:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'J': return JA; // Japan

Why not return ES for Spain, IT for Italy and NL for Netherlands, to go with the covers on the site? And most of those EN ones should probably return PAL instead so that it looks up the download_cc_pal lookup before falling back to English, just in case.

Hmm, yes, zorglub, did you put FR to all those regions intentionally, or is it just a cut&paste mistake and should really be NL, IT, ES, and PAL for X and Y?
like this:
CODE
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'H': return NL; // Netherlands (quite rare)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'I': return IT; // Italy
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'S': return ES; // Spain
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'X': return PAL; // PAL, not sure if it is for a specific country, but it was confirmed to be used on disc that only had French.
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase 'Y': return PAL; // PAL, probably the same as for X
default: return PAL;

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Alex Finlay said:
Sorry to be anoying, but does anyone bother to read my posts:
Lol its like everyone ignored it.
tongue.gif

Btw thanks to the themer who made Eva into a Theme. AWESOME
tongue.gif
I saw it, had a seriously difficult time trying to decipher what you were asking, then discovered there was nothing that I could do to help, so didn't post. I suspect most other people just gave up trying to work it out to be honest. If you want people to take your posts seriously, please attempt to use paragraphs and so on.

Anyway, I'll try to discuss some of your requests as best I can...

For updating channels in both locations, why do you even need this? The only reason I can think of for wanting to have the loader on both the SD and USB is if you wanted different versions of the loader available. Do you have a reason to keep both of them up to date?

The mload bug sounds sort of serious, but not all of us seem to be getting it. I'll try to reproduce it myself. Do you have mload set up in the config.txt or is it a per game thing?

Why do you need to use the WiiOff application? Why not just hold down the power button on the Wii Remote?

Edit: OK, I can reproduce that bug.

@oggzee: As Alex Finlay reported, if you start with IOS249, then download any covers or cheats, then choose a game to start with IOS222-mload manually, it fails to load the IOS (ret=-4).

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
oggzee said:
Hmm, yes, zorglub, did you put FR to all those regions intentionally, or is it just a cut&paste mistake and should really be NL, IT, ES, and PAL for X and Y?
shameful copy/paste mistake, sorry
shy.gif
it was meant as you just said.
I overlooked it because I was just looking at the fourth letter, not what it was translated to: the fourth letter should not even be used to detect the cover language.
Someone that bought a French disc with English+French (this may exist) on ebay may want to see the English cover, there would be no reason to restrict some games to a particular language and let the other PAL games use the cc setting.
For E, K and J, use US, KO and JA. For all games with those PAL letters (or just any other letter) use the preferred language from the cc setting.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
zorglub07 said:
shameful copy/paste mistake, sorry
shy.gif
it was meant as you just said.
I overlooked it because I was just looking at the fourth letter, not what it was translated to: the fourth letter should not even be used to detect the cover language.
Someone that bought a French disc with English+French (this may exist) on ebay may want to see the English cover, there would be no reason to restrict some games to a particular language and let the other PAL games use the cc setting.
For E, K and J, use US, KO and JA. For all games with those PAL letters (or just any other letter) use the preferred language from the cc setting.

Hmm, I still think choosing the language based on the game id should be the preferred one in the majority of cases.
Let's take an example with someone from Italy who bought a whole bunch of Italian releases, then the covers will show correctly, without touching the config.
With the case you mentioned, someone can still put the EN url in front of {CC} url and the problem is solved, he will get English covers for a french release of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1