Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiNinja said:
Here are the files to be loaded into Loadstructor for creating channels:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmjtjeggmzt

Put "CUSBL.Forwarder.dol" into the "loaders" directory, and put "loaders.ini" into your Loadstructor's main directory.
The file CUSBL.Forwarder.dol will look for "sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol"; this path is fixed.
I've only tested a handful of channels, but they all work. This is the forwarder method with an argument passed on to Config USB Loader.

You can't select cIOS with this loader?

blackbird_001

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
blackbird_001 said:
leondmsmith said:
blackbird_001 said:
Hi @all

Sorry guys when i ask something that maybe was already explained on one of the 143 pages!

Problem:
the loader can't mount the FAT32 partition (250MB) on the external USB harddrive (Samsung S2 Portable 500GB) --> after 30 sec. timeout.
Mounting the drive works fine with Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2008 Server. Do i have to install also the USB2.0 device driver?

Installed:
cIOS 249 (Rev.13b)
cIOS 222/223
cfg v35 (release)
config and images on the external hd

thanks for answers

-Eric

I assume you havent set the partition to the WBFS format, this is more than likely the reason or if you have set it to WBFS then maybe you have an incompatible hard drive, check the stickies and have a look, you can get WBFS manager to make it the correct format and it will copy games across too.

@Dr. Clipper thanks for your hint. After i marked the partition as active, all is working like a charm.

@leondmsmith thanks for your answer

I'm needing help again

mounting the drive again doesn't work anymore
cry.gif
timeout error -1

- the FAT32 partition on USB-HD is active
- same file content of usb-loader directory on SD and USB-HD (config and covers)
- The size of WBFS partition is 465.50GB, 295.24GB used and 170.26GB (21793 Blocks) free.
- The drive was formated with WBFS Manager.
- To copy the games to the drive i use the WBFS Manager 3.0. Loading the Gamelist works perfect.
- loader v36d

When i see the mounting process on the screen which partition will be mounted? the FAT32 or the WBFS?
Is the a way to see detailed debug info during mount process which can help to find the problem?
Is the a list of compatible drives?

-Eric

blackbird_001

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
blackbird_001 said:
leondmsmith said:
blackbird_001 said:
Hi @all

Sorry guys when i ask something that maybe was already explained on one of the 143 pages!

Problem:
the loader can't mount the FAT32 partition (250MB) on the external USB harddrive (Samsung S2 Portable 500GB) --> after 30 sec. timeout.
Mounting the drive works fine with Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2008 Server. Do i have to install also the USB2.0 device driver?

Installed:
cIOS 249 (Rev.13b)
cIOS 222/223
cfg v35 (release)
config and images on the external hd

thanks for answers

-Eric

I assume you havent set the partition to the WBFS format, this is more than likely the reason or if you have set it to WBFS then maybe you have an incompatible hard drive, check the stickies and have a look, you can get WBFS manager to make it the correct format and it will copy games across too.

@Dr. Clipper thanks for your hint. After i marked the partition as active, all is working like a charm.

@leondmsmith thanks for your answer

I'm needing help again

mounting the drive again doesn't work anymore
cry.gif
timeout error -1
hate2.gif

- the FAT32 partition on USB-HD is active
- same file content of usb-loader directory on SD and USB-HD (config and covers)
- The size of WBFS partition is 465.50GB, 295.24GB used and 170.26GB (21793 Blocks) free.
- The drive was formated with WBFS Manager.
- To copy the games to the drive i use the WBFS Manager 3.0. Loading the Gamelist works perfect.
- loader v36d

When i see the mounting process on the screen which partition will be mounted? the FAT32 or the WBFS?
Is the a way to see detailed debug info during mount process which can help to find the problem?
Is the a list of compatible drives?

-Eric

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
hackotedelaplaque said:
I didn't know that !
blink.gif

Thanks man.

[EDIT] tested it. Works like it sould. But what's the config to download all covers type BUT discart ?

You can try this:

cover_url_disc =

that is, empty url, so it will not try to download disc covers.
(i haven't tested this though)

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Btw I don't know if anyone wants to know but ive tried some games with cios 223/222 and i found that MarioKartWii when you press reset actualy resets the Iso which is pritty usefull, but i found when you try to install the MarioKart channel it doesn't work so well, as the ISO Crashes. Also Red Steel has finished i shall be checking it know, Plus i bought a wireless keyboard and im currently typing from it know with my Wii :-) Also quick suggestion as i cannot currently edit the config but when i download the full covers i have to do each one seperatly which took me a whole 30 minutes, can you add so it downloads them all because currently i cannot edit the config. Thanks, Alex.
Also im cooking pasta yummaeh lol.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Alex Finlay said:
Please delete this and the below post i lagged and some reason tripple posted. Thanks, Alex.
Only moderators could do that..
You can however edit your duplicate posts and delete the text from them.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure why the posts seem to be getting tripled, but I'll write some quick response posts:

@blackbird_001: Make sure your WBFS partition is active as well. The mounting is the WBFS drive. If you have the files on your SD card, then the FAT partition isn't even being looked at.

@Alex Finlay: Even with IOS249, all Nintendo published games reset to the start of the game. Non-Nintendo games reset the console. It's something in the IOS that make them do this, not the USB Loaders.

Also, read all the posts. You didn't need to burn Red Steel at all if it was already on your WBFS partition. You have been told this about 6 times now.

@oggzee: Add another option that duplicates "Disc" called "WBFS". That should make it clear to most people.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
@oggzee: Add another option that duplicates "Disc" called "WBFS". That should make it clear to most people.
Hmm, I guess it might really be less confusing to some...

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Alex Finlay said:
Please delete this and the below post i lagged and some reason tripple posted. Thanks, Alex.
Only moderators could do that..
You can however edit your duplicate posts and delete the text from them.

Im on my wii, But Ok.
Also i tried out Redsteel and it works fine :-) *I wish they told you when it actualy saves lol*
Also i noticed when using Cios 222/223 mload+ a alt dol if you reset it resets how a cios 249 would, i believe it tries to find the other dol possibly? just putting it out their, Also the Hardrive hangs, *doesn't on other games i have that i use Mload with*

Also a big Thanks from moi, from fixing the bug i reported (me woopey lol i get 100% credit lmao)
IMO was a minor bug but still a bug is a bug and has to be swatted anyways thanks.
Little questions, well more of a request but could you add into the "Download all missing covers" bit a Search section so it would search what covers you don't have because at this current moment in time, it searchs for the first 2/3D Cover and if you have it doesnt check for full cover, kindof anoying as i had all my normal covers accept full.
Also i had a look @ Full covers and they are awesome.

Thanks again, Alex.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job on 37a and full covers in coverflow! So many people kept asking for this, now I don't see too many posts about it
smile.gif
I downloaded the full covers just fine and they display great!

pielord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I just upgraded from 32 something to 36d last night. I'm having some problems now, not sure if they have been addressed already. Certain games are still working fine, while others that worked previously are now either completely not loading or load in black and white. Could it be due to the way I upgraded? I just replaced the cfg32 .dol with the release version of 36 .dol manually, then did online upgrade to 36d. Oh yeah also it's Warioware Smooth Moves that's not loading at all, and Super Mario Galaxy that now loads in black and white. Thanks for the help.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Alex Finlay said:
[...]
Little questions, well more of a request but could you add into the "Download all missing covers" bit a Search section so it would search what covers you don't have because at this current moment in time, it searchs for the first 2/3D Cover and if you have it doesnt check for full cover, kindof anoying as i had all my normal covers accept full.
[..]

It's hard to understand what you wrote
blink.gif

But yes, that's done and will be in 37b which should show up soon by usptactical.

And to be sure.. you wanted to say... when downloading missing covers, it should check for all cover styles if the cover is missing, not just the current, as full covers will probably be missing while 2d/3d will be present. yep, that's done.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
pielord said:
Hey. I just upgraded from 32 something to 36d last night. I'm having some problems now, not sure if they have been addressed already. Certain games are still working fine, while others that worked previously are now either completely not loading or load in black and white. Could it be due to the way I upgraded? I just replaced the cfg32 .dol with the release version of 36 .dol manually, then did online upgrade to 36d. Oh yeah also it's Warioware Smooth Moves that's not loading at all, and Super Mario Galaxy that now loads in black and white. Thanks for the help.

The upgrade is fine, just copy over the .dol
Check the video settings, are you using any of the force modes? There were some minor changes related to that.
Please first try with either game default or console default, and if that doesn't work then try the force video modes.
I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

pielord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I didn't notice but it was set to force pal. I changed it over to force ntsc like i had it under cfg32, now it works fine. Amazing loader.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfg v37b (beta)

http://sharebee.com/3e7ace93
(or online update)

Code:
cfg v37b (beta)

Changes since v37a:

* Improved covers loading speed - using new libfat.
ÂÂ (fixed the issues with usb hdd fat partition in v37ax)
* Cover downloading improvements: when downloading missing covers,
ÂÂ it will now check if it's missing for all cover styles not just the current.
ÂÂ (so that full covers can be easily downloaded, without the need to download everything)
ÂÂ Also note: pressing RIGHT will download only missing covers, while pressing LEFT will
ÂÂ force download all covers. This is valid for per-game cover download and for downloading
ÂÂ covers for all games.
* Changed WiiMote rotation functionality in coverflow: rotate 90 degrees to flip to the 
ÂÂ back cover and then rotate back up to 0 degrees to flip to the front.

wallym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Which .dol did you extract? It sounds like you tried to use main.dol or something. And use the disc method. It is so much easier than extracting .dols manually.

It's all good now. Did the following:

Force to PAL60
Anti 002 Fix to ON
Alt DOL to Disc

When loading the game, choose player.dol and this will show the introduction video. Then it will reset the Wii. After which, I can load the game without changing any options at all.
All good!

Thanks for all the posts/help. Much appreciated.
smile.gif

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
first off many, many thanks for such an excellent program!

I originally tried USB Loader GX but it simply did not detect my USB HDD correctly. Wwaninkoko's v1.5 loader did so I tried yours as I liked the sound of the extra features.

Now I'm loving the extra features and it keeps getting better
smile.gif

I have one question though please - my Wii isn't connected to the net and it's not easy for me to do so (I'm only on wireless 3G, no ADSL in our area) - so is there anywhere I can download a ZIP file or similar of all the artwork and then just stick it in the correct folder on my SD card so I get all the full covers, disk art etc.? I've looked at some of the other art packs for other loaders but I don't think they're compatible?

sorry if this is a n00b question.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
gizmomelb said:
first off many, many thanks for such an excellent program!

I originally tried USB Loader GX but it simply did not detect my USB HDD correctly. Wwaninkoko's v1.5 loader did so I tried yours as I liked the sound of the extra features.

Now I'm loving the extra features and it keeps getting better
smile.gif

I have one question though please - my Wii isn't connected to the net and it's not easy for me to do so (I'm only on wireless 3G, no ADSL in our area) - so is there anywhere I can download a ZIP file or similar of all the artwork and then just stick it in the correct folder on my SD card so I get all the full covers, disk art etc.? I've looked at some of the other art packs for other loaders but I don't think they're compatible?

sorry if this is a n00b question.
Most of the art sites have free packs. Go to them and you should be able to get them. I strongly suggest just to select and download the covers you actually need, though.

And the other cover packs you found should be compatible. Just point the "cover_path_*" options to the appropriate directories.

The main sites you probably want to look at are:

http://wiitdb.com
http://www.muntrue.nl

Check the default URL list in README-CFG.txt for more info about the sites.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!