Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, I am watching the whole usb-loader-scene from the very beginning and I was using all sorts of loaders and I remembered this one being around for so long and I never used it or even tried it.

The very first loader I was using was the Ultimate (WiiShizza) and then the GX (for a very long time; now as well every now and than) but now after seeing, how every loader has nearly the same abilities and configurations I just want to use the one with the best browsing method and I have to say that this one is the ultimate version of all loaders. I love the gridflow. It is really a great way to brows through games.

I find it amazing how many types of browsing games is incorporated in this loader: Coverflow, Gridflow, 360-style,... just to name a few.

A shame that I`ve (and possibly many people) overlooked this loader for so long but I guess this is the one I`ll use for the now!

Great work and I really appreciate the effort put into this loader.

And I vote for this being renamed to "Ultimate Config Loader"
tongue.gif

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Master Mo said:
Wow, I am watching the whole usb-loader-scene from the very beginning and I was using all sorts of loaders and I remembered this one being around for so long and I never used it or even tried it.

The very first loader I was using was the Ultimate (WiiShizza) and then the GX (for a very long time; now as well every now and than) but now after seeing, how every loader has nearly the same abilities and configurations I just want to use the one with the best browsing method and I have to say that this one is the ultimate version of all loaders. I love the gridflow. It is really a great way to brows through games.

I find it amazing how many types of browsing games is incorporated in this loader: Coverflow, Gridflow, 360-style,... just to name a few.

A shame that I`ve (and possibly many people) overlooked this loader for so long but I guess this is the one I`ll use for the now!

Great work and I really appreciate the effort put into this loader.

And I vote for this being renamed to "Ultimate Config Loader"
tongue.gif

Sounds good ! Does this loader not have problems running Sam and Max, 002 error, Wii Motion Plus movies problems and so on?

Nipi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
charroux said:
Nipi said:
oggzee said:
Nipi said:
Sorry for once again a noob question, but I don't know how to do this. I first thought of this as an other USB Loader, but it didn't show up in the USB Loader Releases Wiki page. Is it another loader? Or is it option in the options menu of your USB loader to load the game in an other way? Could someone please help this noob
smile.gif
. Thanks again for all your patience.
smile.gif

NeoGamma Thread, Loader for SD/SDHC/USB/DVD/decrypted DVD
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884

I put it on my SD card, started NeoGamma R6 through the HomeBrewChannel. Mounted the USB channel, started the game. But still no change. I didn't do anything in the settings. Just started it with the initial settings.
Any other idea what it could be? In the compatibility thread, people do get it working.
Since the game Z&W does work with the Configurable USB Loader, trying it with NeoGamma will verify wether you have a working iso copy or not. If it doesn't work in NG, then you need to get a new Z&W iso or USB device. If you don't know how to use NG, ask in that thread.

Thanks for your reply. Was going to buy a new USB device this afternoon, and I will try another ISO of the game later on. Once again: thanks for your reply
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
slingshot27 said:
Sounds good ! Does this loader not have problems running Sam and Max, 002 error, Wii Motion Plus movies problems and so on?
It can't run Sam and Max (but none of the USB loaders can). 002 errors are not a problem. Wii Motion Plus movies are easily watched with the alt .dol on disc method (unlike GX, where you are forced to extract the .dol manually with WiiScrubber).

startreker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
usptactical said:
Thanks for the comments. Currently there isn't a way to load directly into a coverflow setting, but that will be added in a near future release.

I suggest that every gui mode can be enabled/disabled individually. Thanks !

Just to let you know there really isn't a need to request it. By the time they finalize a release it will be made available in the config.

Loron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Maybe somebody here can help me out on my Hysteria Hospital Emergency Ward Blackscreen. The game just won't work. I updated to 4.0E using waninkoko's updater so all the newest IOSes should be on my wii but i still get a blackscreen, any help is appreciated.

Wii Warrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I notice that the dvd covers are being downloaded as well as the case covers. Is there a theme or config setting to enable them to be used?

This loader is the great for me.
Great looking GUI and being able to disable all the options and settings for child proof is ideal.

Great work, it has got my vote
smile.gif

EDIT - I know I can alter the config settings to display the dvd images instead of the case covers but I mean when I select a game to load is it possible to then show the disc image?

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hiya,

I'm using RawkSD to load custom/imported songs into Rock Band 2 and from what I understand from the developer, it needs to be able to run under (a patched) IOS37 directly to function off USB loaders.

See his post here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165...t&p=2099095

Can you add the option to use IOS37 as well, not just 222/223? Would that even work?

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an option to disable the marks that show which games have saved settings and the ones indicating that the game list continues beyond what's shown current console window? I find them to be aesthetically displeasing

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 to work, looking at topic's about it and games with similar issues (Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones) I got the idea that I needed cIOS249rev13a and to set the 002 fix option or something, I did that and it still just goes to a black screen after the golf ball loading screen.

Does anyone know how to get it to work with Configurable ver35a3?

Also does The cIOS249rev13a installer also install as IOS250? so if it does I can re run the rev9 installer and have rev9 as IOS249 and rev13a as IOS250?

Loron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
isostar said:
Loron said:
Maybe somebody here can help me out on my Hysteria Hospital Emergency Ward Blackscreen. The game just won't work. I updated to 4.0E using waninkoko's updater so all the newest IOSes should be on my wii but i still get a blackscreen, any help is appreciated.

change the game language to english
wink2.gif

Oh man... thanks a lot.. that was really easy to do.. damnit
tongue.gif
I tried soooo many things, i even updated my wii to 4.0E (was 3.1E before) DAMN language
tongue.gif
Thanks though
wink.gif

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiztec said:
Is there an option to disable the marks that show which games have saved settings and the ones indicating that the game list continues beyond what's shown current console window? I find them to be aesthetically displeasing
I agree and also find them to be of no use.

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HisshouBuraiKen said:
Hiya,

I'm using RawkSD to load custom/imported songs into Rock Band 2 and from what I understand from the developer, it needs to be able to run under (a patched) IOS37 directly to function off USB loaders.

See his post here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165...t&p=2099095

Can you add the option to use IOS37 as well, not just 222/223? Would that even work?
249, 202, 250, 222, 223, etc. are just patched/modded lower IOSes (36, 37, 38, etc.). The option is in Hermes' 222/223 installer already (and others). 222/223 can be installed as 36 or 36+37, so its not an option that is set in the USB Loader.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
wiitdb.com have changed their 3D cover download links. The old ones don't seem to work, however, the new link works with the existing tags making it even better:

Code:
cover_url_3d =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/cover3D/{REGION}3d/{ID6}.png

oggzee, this should be added to the next version. It appears the cover and disc links continue to use the EN/US/JA naming. Can we also please have a {LANGUAGE} tag that gets set to EN, US or JA based on the region? That way we can reduce the flat and disc covers to be single lines in the config file too, meaning far fewer errors as it won't search the PAL database (three times due to your {ID} tags) for NTSC games.

On a different note: I noticed that with 35a4, the loader tends to always take bg_gui.png from the base loader directory rather than the theme directory (I don't choose theme in the config.txt). It is working in 35a. I never tested a2 or a3, so I don't know exactly when the bug was introduced.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
wiitdb.com have changed their 3D cover download links. The old ones don't seem to work, however, the new link works with the existing tags making it even better:

Code:
cover_url_3d =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/cover3D/{REGION}3d/{ID6}.png

oggzee, this should be added to the next version. It appears the cover and disc links continue to use the EN/US/JA naming. Can we also please have a {LANGUAGE} tag that gets set to EN, US or JA based on the region? That way we can reduce the flat and disc covers to be single lines in the config file too, meaning far fewer errors as it won't search the PAL database (three times due to your {ID} tags) for NTSC games.

On a different note: I noticed that with 35a4, the loader tends to always take bg_gui.png from the base loader directory rather than the theme directory (I don't choose theme in the config.txt). It is working in 35a. I never tested a2 or a3, so I don't know exactly when the bug was introduced.

Thanks.
Yes, I can add the {LANGUAGE} tag, also Lustar noted me about that.
He also noted that the language should preferably be selected from the loader, but for the moment, i'll set it depending on game region.
btw, maybe a better tag name would be {REGION2} ?

Thanks for that bug report, fixed it.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1