Hacking Configurable USB Loader

seangibbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  • You don't need to remove Priiloader from emunand. Launching from d2x doesn't "boot" the NAND filesystem and the current neek2o ignores it.
  • d2x b53 is not as compatible for emunand. It's only useful if you have to use two USB drives for some reason. I would try building a new d2x IOS249[56] from ModMii and install it and see if that fixes it.
  • Your drive is FAT32, yes? I don't think EmuNAND/NEEK works with any other filesystem.
Good to know I dont have to worry about priiloader.
I have tried using alternative cIOSes with emunand (e.g. d2x b52 IOS250[57])
I do have it formatted to FAT32. Although it might be some sort of incompatibility with my drive, since I know some software doesn't work with all USBs (e.g. If I try to load a rom from usb into Wii64, it crashes) depending on which devkit/IOS it was built to use.
I might just leave it for the time being. It works with WiiMC and CFG-USB Loader (for normal WBFS-Wii / ISO-GC games) and that's what I actually care about. I just figured I'd try to get the emunand channels to work if I could as an added bonus.

mrissaoussama

Hiuhbi32
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
i get a fragment error/id mismatch when trying to run xenoblade, mario kart wii doesn't respond to inputs after selecting profile, the rest of the games work fine.i use a fat32 sd card

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am waiting on an 32gb SD card and I have a 64 gb usb flash drive will CFG USB Loader be able to read games of both at the same time as far as listing them?

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...idunno.

I got a 64GB sd card from Komputerbay which was dirt cheap and works great. Seems they want to be the next SanDisk or Samasung when it comes to memory cards. 64GB is $24 and 128GB is $40 Canadian. Should be a little less US. Seems they can be cheaper because they make normal full sized sd cards while everyone else has jumped to "performance" or MicroSD. They have awesome reviews on Amazon though.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B008AN1C1A
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004LCIU1E/

I was orignially planning to get the 128GB but thought it would be not worth it and switched to the 64gb. But now I find 64gb a bit snug and might splurge for the 64gb, but I can't really use it anywhere else as nothing else I own can use a full-sized SD card (which probably helps explain why they are cheaper)

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

mrissaoussama

Hiuhbi32
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
how do i skip usb mounting? i only use an sd card. i checked the settings in the loader and the app folder and it says sdhc. the loader says looking for config.txt then waits for usb

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I apologize in advance for necroing this thread, but have their been any new versions since cfg70MODr65.dol released in 2013? I was going by this here:

https://code.google.com/archive/p/cfg-loader-mod/downloads

If there's newer forks, mods, etc than this that are still active, I'd like to know. Google isn't helping me worth shit.

Reactions: codezer0

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: codezer0

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Jayro and codezer0

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, huh. Didn't even know there was an updated build available. cfg-USB still remains my most successful and solid backup loader, as literally nothing else would fully implement reading GC and Wii games, and cheat support. Everything else is missing either one of, or basically everything but the Wii game loading.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, huh. Didn't even know there was an updated build available. cfg-USB still remains my most successful and solid backup loader, as literally nothing else would fully implement reading GC and Wii games, and cheat support. Everything else is missing either one of, or basically everything but the Wii game loading.

GX supports all of those and is still actively maintained. Sure, there are a few bugs sometimes but there are in everything. :)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it won't. I've tried it and it refuses to even acknowledge any of the GameCube games, let alone where I could load up cheats.

Yes, it does whether you think so or not. I haven't seen any support posts from you in the official thread? If the current version of USB Loader GX isn't seeing your GC games then you're doing something wrong, not the loader.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it does whether you think so or not. I haven't seen any support posts from you in the official thread? If the current version of USB Loader GX isn't seeing your GC games then you're doing something wrong, not the loader.
That's because I haven't touched my Wii system in a pretty long time. Been preoccupied with, among other things, fixing up an OG Xbox I got for free, that ended up working better than expected.

What do you mean I did something wrong? I downloaded it, ran the app, and it saw my Wii games, but it saw no GameCube games. There were no options that I saw to get them to show up. There were also no options to have it download or use any .cht codes, either. Being that cfg-USB recognized and launches them from the get-go without any further intervention on my part, I blame GX for failing/sinning on that one.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, it won't. I've tried it and it refuses to even acknowledge any of the GameCube games, let alone where I could load up cheats.
Just to be sure, you are using "/games/["game name"]/game.iso", with only the folder ["game name"] having the name of the game, correct? All gamecube games must be in the games iso and be a image titled "game.iso" in the folder with the game's name.

So it should look like this for Wii games:
SD:\wbfs\Wii Party [SUPE01]\SUPE01.wbfs
And this for Gamecube games:
SD:\games\Mario Party 4\game.iso

Afterwards the Gamecube games should show up among the Wii games, CFG loader doesn't separate them unless you specify a filter.

----------------------

Are we able to change the song in CFGloader r78? The default I don't really like and I want to use something more peppy like the Wii Shop song.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Are we able to change the song in CFGloader r78? The default I don't really like and I want to use something more peppy like the Wii Shop song.
My CFG Loader has never had music... How do we add a song?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: