OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GolfDude said:
its working in every game now except for DK Returns.. strange
With t171 or normal 61b5?
As a general remark to everyone, please give more details when talking about problems.

GMsupr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey I'm just curious my WII is on 4.3E wan. and I have bootmii so can I somehow open cfg loader from bootmii? that I don't have to go to old system menu first
smile.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GolfDude said:
with t171 .. every game works with codes except for dk returns..
Damn, that means the new libogc breaks ocarina too?
Can someone confirm this?
GolfDude, if you have time, can you check all the 61t1xx versions from here:
http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downloads/list
that's 61t171 to 61t185. and let me know with which versions ocarina works and which doesn't

luka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, i have installed the latest 61b5 but i have problem with folders and download, i already have folders in precedent version but noi there isnt in the new one, when i try to redownload all cfg say sd not accesible

all folders work fine with other loaders

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
luka said:
hi, i have installed the latest 61b5 but i have problem with folders and download, i already have folders in precedent version but noi there isnt in the new one, when i try to redownload all cfg say sd not accesible

all folders work fine with other loaders
Maybe it's another problem with a partition table on sd, can you go to device selection, select SD and then go to partition selection and make a snapshot of what is shown, or write it down...

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
180 - all games and codes work except for DKR's Codes
181 - same result
182 - same result
183 - same result
184 - same result
185 - same result

so all the builds have the same result.. codes work for any game other than DKR

for a side test:
61b3 - same result
61b4 - same result
61b5 - same result

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GolfDude said:
180 - all games and codes work except for DKR's Codes
181 - same result
182 - same result
183 - same result
184 - same result
185 - same result

so all the builds have the same result.. codes work for any game other than DKR

for a side test:
61b3 - same result
61b4 - same result
61b5 - same result
Thanks for the extensive test, so only v60 works for DKR codes?
What about other loaders, GX and WiiFlow, does it work there for DKR?

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the dk codes never worked period.. no go on v60

i have tried gx rev 1000 (ya i compiled it) and it didnt load DKR Codes either

for some reason DKR's Codes wont load on anything, but ocarina clearly works on other games

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GolfDude said:
the dk codes never worked period.. no go on v60
i have tried gx rev 1000 (ya i compiled it) and it didnt load DKR Codes either
for some reason DKR's Codes wont load on anything, but ocarina clearly works on other games
Ah ok I was under impression that it only got broken in v61* but worked before, thanks for clearing this up.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its very odd how hit and miss this is.. on the geckocode forums its the same issue, they work for some and not others and the ones that work show photo proof that they are indeed working.. but no explantion on why its so spotty working..

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just start using the cfg v60 this past few days and some time it's freeze when scrolling the game. i modded my wii using ModMii for Windows. my hbc used ios58. Also u mention that cfg does not use ios58 that y i get a v60 249[FRAG], what ios should i reinstall to compatible with cfg?
thanks
QUOTE said:
here's my installed:
* IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS50v14889(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS70v16687(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP])
* cIOS202[57]-v5
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS222[38]-v5
* cIOS224[57]-v5
* cIOS250[38]-v20
* cIOS249[56]-v20
* RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2
* IOS9v1034
* IOS12v526
* IOS13v1032
* IOS14v1032
* IOS15v1032
* IOS17v1032
* IOS21v1039
* IOS22v1294
* IOS28v1807
* IOS31v3608
* IOS33v3608
* IOS34v3608
* IOS35v3608
* IOS36v3608
* IOS37v5663
* IOS38v4124
* IOS41v3607
* IOS43v3607
* IOS45v3607
* IOS46v3607
* IOS48v4124
* IOS53v5663
* IOS55v5663
* IOS56v5662
* IOS57v5919
* IOS58v6176
* IOS61v5662
* USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-IDCL
also some time i get "Mounting device...1 2 3 4 .....32, then error. i have to power off manually. power back on it's working.
extHD is 500gb WD Elements Portable (WDBAAR5000ABK). listed as compatible.
format as 10gb FAT32, the rest is wfbs

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have downloaded box art, its freezing b/c its hitting a corrupted box art that should be deleted and re downloaded.. ( you have to delete it on your pc )

Springdale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi,

I don't know if it's been pointed out already, but for those who are interested, EA Sports Active 2 works flawlessly with CFG loader, all I had to do is to plug in the total body control USB receiver to the upper USB port, and select IOS222.
smile.gif

I also have a question - is there a way to disable edge scrolling in GUI mode?

Thanks!

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
lettuce said:
Am having real problems with CFG USB loader at the moment, no matter what forward channel i use all my game artwork is missing even though all thw artwork is in the correct folders - whenever i try and download artwork for a game the Wii crashes to a black screen with white text. The only forwarder im able to get to work and display the game artwork is one named 'CFG USB Loader ID - DCFG' which i think is not a forwarder is a channel as no matter how many times i update CFG loader it always stays at v56 according to the slash screen on loading CFG USB loader. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is, or if there is a CFG USB loader channel that uses the lastest version of CFG?
It sounds like your forwarders are not providing the correct application path. Check the global options page in Cfg (push 1 twice) to see how the base directory is listed (It will have the heading "Cfg Base:" IIRC). Also, check the path to the .dol when trying to do an upgrade to check that it has the correct directory there. Hopefully that will help you find how the forwarders are getting confused.

Ive tried everything, the only way im able to get the covers to display and not crash when i download a new cover is if i leave the config file so that the covers are stored on the SD card and not the USB. If its 'SD:/usb-loader/covers' then it works but as soon as i change it to 'USB:/usb-loader/covers' it doesnt display covers and crashes when i try and download new covers - any ideas what so ever?

Also it seems to always load to the Game list GUI and i press 'B' to go back to the defualt setting of 3D coverflow that i have set in the config file why is this, i would like it to load to the 3Dcoverflow gui upon startup

Whats the difference between the,' setting.cfg' and 'config.txt' file, dont they do the same thing?

T

TheRealVisitor

CFG USB Loader cfg61b5.dol hangs on network initialization (covers download or search for updates). Going back to cfg61b4.dol solves the problem. Any idea whats wrong?

Wii: 4.2e, CIOS249 rev 20b base57.

EDIT. Redownloaded cfg61b5.dol and now runs fine.

chaoticyeshua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'd first like to say thanks a lot for this awesome app. I really appreciate the hard work you put into it.

I had a quick question though. I asked once before a while back about Riivolution-like support and was told that it would be looked into. I am just curious if there has been any progress or information regarding that. I know it'd be awesome to use for a lot of games. The ones that specifically come to mind are New Super Mario Bros. Wii for the new levels and also Brawl (for... everything). The file patch code for Brawl is amazing but in its current form it only does so much. Unfortunately, PhantomWings (the creator of the file patch code) has since left the scene and it is up to someone else to continue his work. The ones that know how to are busy with other projects (the clone engine, codes for Project M, etc.). Riivolution is a tool that is being used more and more frequently in the Brawl hacking scene and the only method to easily replace sound effects in the game is by using it. With the advent of the clone engine to add new characters to the game, I'm sure many would very much so like to add sound effects for the new characters. The current file patch code does not support swapping sound effects. Of course this is a problem for those who can't or don't want to use Riivolution, whether it be due to their disc drive being broken or (like me) the fact that USB loaders are just so much faster than using the disc.

I know it's a lot to ask for one scene, but I'm sure it would benefit many people if such functionality could be coded into Configurable USB Loader. I love this app. It is almost perfect.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the very same problem lettuce's having. I can't get CFG USB Loader to load files (config/settings) from HDD. I checked both config.txt and settings.cfg on Notepad and they show "device = USB". I can't get covers, update theme, CFG or anything else without SD card inserted, because it'll show a SD:/usb-loader/etc. could not be written/found (can't find the exactly word). If I go to Global Options, it shows USB as device chosen and FAT1 as partition (FAT1=FAT32 400GB for .wbfs and usb-loader, FAT2=FAT32 4GB simply a SD card backup -- NAND, keys.bin, bootmii, etc. and NTFS= .ISOs and some Windows related stuff, like backup of my apps setup.exe's, etc.). No matter what I do, everything is read or written from/to the SD card. I installed Wii Sports and it was installed to my SD card. Luckily, it was just 300mb and could fit into the SD card. This brings me to the next problem...

... I can't install SSBB no matter what. I changed IOS 249 to 222-mload to no avail. I always get an error while "Opening DVD". Is it because it's dual layer disc?

and I had problems with cfg61b5.dol as well. CFG USB loader disappeared from HBC and the forwarder channel would give me a stack dump error. I went back to the previous version (I had softmodded just 2 days before using ModMii, so bunch of cIOS, Priiloader, bootmii, etc. installed) and everything is running fine again.

Furthermore, I also get the mount device error if I do not use a SD Card. In a nutshell, CFG USB Loader insists on using SD before USB. I used GAF's usb-loader tutorial, so I checked every line in the config.txt and settings.cfg for what they do and manually changed/inserted them (I find it easier than use the Configurator, goes figure...) but CFG USB Loader refuses to load anything from USB other than the theme. One extra problem is that I can't get any music to play, although I have several .mp3's in the music folder and set "music = USB:/usb-loader/music, 1" (I also tried SD instead of USB) in the config.txt.

Big help need here.
smile.gif

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey ogg, it appears it may have been a bad codeset for DK b/c the code guys made a new set of alternate codes and those codes are working for me in DKR now...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.