Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
Thanks, I know how to change the default IOS via config.txt but how do I do it via meta.xml?
Doing it by hand is tricky, it's easiest to do with the Configurator. Just use the latest Configurator (v61) and do the following:

1: Go to the Global Options 3 tab
2: Set the IOS option to your desired setting
3: Go to the Meta Arguments tab
4: Click the Read meta.xml button and find meta.xml in the apps directory that you use for Cfg
5: Check the Global Options 3 check box (or the Set All button will do)
6: Write meta.xml

It should then work just fine. In case you're interested, the format for arguments within meta.xml is as follows:

ios=248

but I still recommend the Configurator as it's harder to make mistakes with it.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oggzee said:
Bloodlust said:
Thanks, I know how to change the default IOS via config.txt but how do I do it via meta.xml?
Btw, you still haven't replied if the latest 61b5 fixes your console or not?

Sorry, almost forgot. Nope it's still the same
frown.gif

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
phillyguy said:
too complicated plus i have to set each to ntsc since i have lot of pal and i can't go back to cfg after exiting the game. it go straight to hbc. wiiflow has an option to change in global to ntsc and exit to wiiflow. cfg graphic are very good i would like to keep cgf but not much friendly user
sad.gif
We are an English speaking community. Please post in legible English ONLY.

it's just my personal opinion and i know the person who create this has done a great job but would it be nice if the setting already in the global instead of manually editing the config because i personally know nothing about code. i'm just a user who scroll and see what i can set in the setting. i'm just using wiiflow as an example and no mean to criticize. wouldn't you think opinion is a good solution for improvement?

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
phillyguy said:
it's extHD.. i had to re download but still missing a few. how do i change time from 24hr to 12hr? there's no option in Global setting to set all game to ntsc?? i only see in the game individual game to chg to ntsc
To change the clock to 12 hour time, set clock_style=12 or clock_style=12am. For the global game default, use video=ntsc. Both these options must be added to config.txt, they aren't configurable via the loader. You can use the Configurator application to help you set those and other options, and see more information about configuring Cfg here.

thank you

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK this is really driving me crazy.

I have "249 (r17)" for CFG loader [b61b5 (beta)] tried the 222 loader which made it impossible to load my WBFS external HD. and have installed "249[b57] 20", as 250 to try to get CODBO working, then I installed Hermes 5.1 222 base 57 as 224 to try again. I loaded "IOS 57 (rev 5919)" and "IOS 58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0". on other advice. It has got so bad I cannot remember where I am up to
smile.gif

I then went into the CODBO settings and tried using 249/250/224 to run the game, needless to say it is still locking at Loading ...

Any help appreciated, I am obviously missing something really simple so here is my list of doodads:

Code:
sysCheck GX v1.0.0 by Erik Spyder

sysCheck GX is running under IOS58 (rev 6176).

Console ID: xxxxxxx.
Region: PAL.
Hollywood v0x11.
Boot2 v2.
System Menu v450 (4.1E).
BC v5.
MIOS v4. 
First release.

Found 171 titles.
Found 41 IOS and 4 IOS Stubs on this console.

Priiloader is installed.

IOSÂÂ4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOSÂÂ9 (revÂÂ1034)
IOS 10 (revÂÂ 768): Stub
IOS 11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 12 (revÂÂ 526)
IOS 13 (revÂÂ1032)
IOS 14 (revÂÂ1032)
IOS 15 (revÂÂ1032)
IOS 16 (revÂÂ 512): Stub
IOS 17 (revÂÂ1032)
IOS 20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 21 (revÂÂ1039)
IOS 22 (revÂÂ1294)
IOS 28 (revÂÂ1807)
IOS 30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 31 (revÂÂ3608)
IOS 33 (revÂÂ3608)
IOS 34 (revÂÂ3608)
IOS 35 (revÂÂ3608)
IOS 36 (revÂÂ3608)
IOS 37 (revÂÂ5663)
IOS 38 (revÂÂ4124)
IOS 41 (revÂÂ3607)
IOS 43 (revÂÂ3607)
IOS 45 (revÂÂ3607)
IOS 46 (revÂÂ3607)
IOS 48 (revÂÂ4124)
IOS 50 (rev 14889): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 51 (revÂÂ4864): Stub
IOS 53 (revÂÂ5663)
IOS 55 (revÂÂ5663)
IOS 56 (revÂÂ5662)
IOS 57 (revÂÂ5919)
IOS 58 (revÂÂ6176): USB 2.0
IOS 60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 61 (revÂÂ5662)
IOS 70 (rev 16687): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223 (revÂÂÂÂ 4): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS249 (revÂÂÂÂ17): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (revÂÂÂÂ20): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS254 (rev 65281)

Report generated on 2010-11-22.

Oh and I am still having to reset my HD to get into the menu, the last betas seem to be intermittent on loading.

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you very much Dr. Clipper. i have game in iso in my internal hard drive for backup. if i use configurable application to browser to my internal harddrive folder and download game cover, after the download done, i then copy all Cfg folders to root of extHD. my game in external are wbfs. will the cover show up when extHD hook to wii?

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Am having real problems with CFG USB loader at the moment, no matter what forward channel i use all my game artwork is missing even though all thw artwork is in the correct folders - whenever i try and download artwork for a game the Wii crashes to a black screen with white text. The only forwarder im able to get to work and display the game artwork is one named 'CFG USB Loader ID - DCFG' which i think is not a forwarder is a channel as no matter how many times i update CFG loader it always stays at v56 according to the slash screen on loading CFG USB loader. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is, or if there is a CFG USB loader channel that uses the lastest version of CFG?

newwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heyy,

I have 2 questions:

1. I think I've done everything good installing IOS58 and CFG usbloader but I got this when looking the ios settings:

2. I looked at this forum for what about playlog write and it's not working well is there something new or do I have to wait?

Thanks and WOOOOWWW usbloader is still the best :-p

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm trying to understand the terminology on how to use cfg setting. for Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, is this all i need to do is to put "clear patch" to on or all? in wiiflow i have to set "on" to disable return to and disable dvd patch in order for the game to work. sorry i been using wiiflow for long and i want to try new thing.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
phillyguy said:
thank you very much Dr. Clipper. i have game in iso in my internal hard drive for backup. if i use configurable application to browser to my internal harddrive folder and download game cover, after the download done, i then copy all Cfg folders to root of extHD. my game in external are wbfs. will the cover show up when extHD hook to wii?
The default locations for the covers directory are sd:/usb-loader/covers or usb:/usb-loader/covers. As long as sd:/usb-loader/config.txt or usb:/usb-loader/config.txt is present, it will choose those directories respectively. That is where you should be installing the images, unless you use the covers_path option to change the location to somewhere else (anywhere of your choosing on SD or USB). If you have none of the above directories, then the covers directory will be in sd:/apps//covers where is however you named it.

creamsugar said:
Feature request:

Can you add this fix in next build? thanks.

http://gbatemp.net/t266029-donkey-kong-cou...t&p=3280997
Have you tried several of the other techniques for getting PAL games working on Japanese Wiis? E.g., the language, vidtv and country_patch options? In any case, you can use external SD alternate .dol loading to perform what is done there already in Cfg.

lettuce said:
Am having real problems with CFG USB loader at the moment, no matter what forward channel i use all my game artwork is missing even though all thw artwork is in the correct folders - whenever i try and download artwork for a game the Wii crashes to a black screen with white text. The only forwarder im able to get to work and display the game artwork is one named 'CFG USB Loader ID - DCFG' which i think is not a forwarder is a channel as no matter how many times i update CFG loader it always stays at v56 according to the slash screen on loading CFG USB loader. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is, or if there is a CFG USB loader channel that uses the lastest version of CFG?
It sounds like your forwarders are not providing the correct application path. Check the global options page in Cfg (push 1 twice) to see how the base directory is listed (It will have the heading "Cfg Base:" IIRC). Also, check the path to the .dol when trying to do an upgrade to check that it has the correct directory there. Hopefully that will help you find how the forwarders are getting confused.

QUOTE(newwolf @ Nov 24 2010, 05:05 AM) Heyy,

I have 2 questions:

1. I think I've done everything good installing IOS58 and CFG usbloader but I got this when looking the ios settings:

2. I looked at this forum for what about playlog write and it's not working well is there something new or do I have to wait?

Thanks and WOOOOWWW usbloader is still the best :-p
1. Cfg isn't meant to run under IOS58.

2. Have you added write_playlog=1 to config.txt? Do you return to the Wii Menu somehow between playing each game? You can't use Priiloader to autolaunch Cfg or any other method which skips out the Wii Menu as it is the Wii Menu which adds your previously played game stats to the main log file of the day.

QUOTE(phillyguy @ Nov 24 2010, 06:53 AM)
i'm trying to understand the terminology on how to use cfg setting. for Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, is this all i need to do is to put "clear patch" to on or all? in wiiflow i have to set "on" to disable return to and disable dvd patch in order for the game to work. sorry i been using wiiflow for long and i want to try new thing.
Clear Patch=on disables the return to and dvd patch options in Cfg, so it is the same thing. Clear Patch=all also disables other options that would screw with things, such as the language option. Switch it to all if the on setting doesn't work for you.

Emu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having a problem with the latest beta, I load Configurable USB Loader from my HBC with the forward and it opens just fine, once past the CFG screen I see "Mounting device...1 2 3 4 5 DONE!" and it's locked up from there, have to force restart for my wii to do anything. My hard drive is formatted with NTFS and has my 3 ISOs in the WBFS folder. I have the latest HBC and bootMii updates, plus have loaded hermes v4. I gotta be missing something here as i've reverted to stable release and all I find is that it won't see any games on my NTFS hard drive, it just prompts me to format it to WBFS.

Emu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update, played with some settings in the configurator and it now mounts the hard drive immediately and says ok. But remains locked up at that point, settings on the screen are:
IOS 249(R20)
base: IOS 56 Rev 20 mload 1.0

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Emu said:
Just an update, played with some settings in the configurator and it now mounts the hard drive immediately and says ok. But remains locked up at that point, settings on the screen are:
IOS 249(R20)
base: IOS 56 Rev 20 mload 1.0
Is it perhaps a drive with 4k sectors?
How does the partition table look like?
If you set partition=ask you can get see the table.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the 61 betta's i cant seem to get ocarina codes to activate in any game i pick.. its set to on, vbi setting i put in a premade gct i had and it didnt load the codes, i tried using the built in manager, picked, saved, and still no code loading.. is soemthign breaking it in the loader?

version 60 on cfg laoder ocarina works fine...

hmm cant seem to get any codes for DK returns to activate, yet they activate for other games.. odd..

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GolfDude said:
in the 61 betta's i cant seem to get ocarina codes to activate in any game i pick.. its set to on, vbi setting i put in a premade gct i had and it didnt load the codes, i tried using the built in manager, picked, saved, and still no code loading.. is soemthign breaking it in the loader?

version 60 on cfg laoder ocarina works fine...

hmm cant seem to get any codes for DK returns to activate, yet they activate for other games.. odd..
Does it work with this: ?
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61t171.dol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5