ROM Hack [Complete] Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love Plus

Elixiate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
The full translation patch is released. Check the first page for details.
biggrin.gif

There shouldn't be any Japanese text left in the game, unless we missed something. If you find any untranslated text, please submit the report via our homepage or post your comment here if you're GBATemp forum's member.

We don't plan to change anything besides fixing spellings or grammar errors for the next patch (which should be the final patch). If you have any suggestion for anything in the game, please feel free to let us know. Otherwise, everything in the final patch will be pretty much the same as this current patch.

Regarding the flashcarts, this patch version should be very close to the final version. If this patch doesn't work on your cart, it's very likely that the final patch won't work on your cart either. (We totally have no idea why it works on some carts but not on the others. If you have any info on how we could modify the patch to make the game work on your carts, please share with us.)

I ran into something earlier today on my Acekard, specifically on a field trip with Himuro to the botanical garden. Shortly after Himuro says his usual 'Lets go' thing I got 2 black screens. Reloaded a few times and the same thing kept happening. This was during Yr 1 9/15 and I'm using an Acekard 2i with AKAIO firmware. I love that I can finally read the dating options now, great job on this~~

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wub.gif
Thanks to everyone for your helps and your supports too.
wub.gif

Anyway, I'll be away from this project for a while. I'll leave it to the players to help spot the errors for now. (I'm kinda get sick of testing it. T_T)

------------

For anyone with problems playing the game;

- Make sure you're playing the latest patch. (I just checked the error reports and I guess some are still playing the old version and reporting the old version's errors.)

- Please provide information as much as you can.

- Read the MiniFAQs on the translation project's homepage.

If it really doesn't work, you should try asking others who own the same flashcarts and see how they get it to work.

P.S. I used R4 (the original one) with firmware v1.18, R4 with Wood R4 + YSMenu, No$GBA v.2.6a+MyZoom v.1.8.26, and DesMuMe v.0.9.6-win32 to test the game and it worked fine on all of them.

piccu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Congratulations on finishing this translation!! Thank you so much for the hard work, it's really impressive how quick you guys are
biggrin.gif
I'm really happy to see an otome game completely fan-translated

theenumber42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sad ): My favorite one ended up being Tendo and his path is so booooring ;__;

Thanks for the translation, and congrats on finishing! I don't really know how to spot errors so...
ohnoes.png

lilin08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for translating this. This is my first otome game that I played in the DS.

I admit I'm having a hard time playing this.
smile.gif
(Or because Kei-kun is so hard to get.) Anyways, do you think this series are advisable for those people who are just beginning to learn Japanese? I'm planning to learn Japanese so that I could play some Japanese games.

Thanks again and more power!

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't tried out the game yet, but did you remove the birth sign? If yes, why? It looked quite nice
smile.gif

How different do you think the final version will be, do you reckon there are many glitches and spelling errors in there as of now? Have you gotten any error reports yet?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coconut said:
Waaaait... So if you quit a club, you can't join it anymore?
There's FAQs for this game on Gamefaqs.com. (Look for the 1st Love, not 1st Love Plus.) It should help you with basics and stuff.
biggrin.gif

theenumber42 said:
I'm sad ): My favorite one ended up being Tendo and his path is so booooring ;__;
I think many people like him. (And somehow I believe he has something to do with Sakurai Ruka in GS3's design.
happy.gif
)

lilin08 said:
Anyways, do you think this series are advisable for those people who are just beginning to learn Japanese? I'm planning to learn Japanese so that I could play some Japanese games.
Not quite recommended. The game uses very colloquial Japanese. When you start learning, most school will teach you the polite speech first. You could get confused. But if you continue learning until you get to colloquial speech, this game will help a lot. (All the characters talk in different styles.)

QUOTE(Fel @ Sep 20 2010, 10:26 AM)
I haven't tried out the game yet, but did you remove the birth sign? If yes, why? It looked quite nice
smile.gif

How different do you think the final version will be, do you reckon there are many glitches and spelling errors in there as of now? Have you gotten any error reports yet?
Nope, I didn't remove the birth sign. And there are spelling errors but I don't know if there are really a lot or not. There are just too many scripts. That's why I ask for everyone who's playing to help reporting errors.
happy.gif

***I'm not gonna check the thread/forum quite often. If there's any problem with the game, please just post here or post via the error report on the website. I'll try to fix them (if I can) in the final patch release.***
wub.gif

theenumber42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
theenumber42 said:
I think many people like him. (And somehow I believe he has something to do with Sakurai Ruka in GS3's design.
happy.gif
)

*googles

ooh. me likey :3

I just wish tendo wasnt so boring to get ):

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heh. I´m playing this a lot now
biggrin.gif
Thank you!
The first time I epic failed.... The second time I got Himuro, and now I want Kijyou
tongue.gif

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gaaaah...... I lent my DS to a friend. I didn't expect you to suddenly finish the translation so quickly, meh. XD Want to play now..
ohnoes.png
(But maybe it's good I won't see my DS until next week or something... would distract me from all the stuff I have to do... considering how damn addicting Tokimemo is once you start. XD)

Lela

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just wanted to thank the team for putting the effort and time into translating this! I'm so happy I'm finally able to fully understand and play the game! ^.^

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I feel like I want to SMASH the game apart! Isn't there any three syllable name which the game can pronounce? How hard can it be just to string few characters together? I've tried so many combinations, even anime surnames, yet nothing!

T_T Cryyyyyyy.

Can somebody please give me examples of 3 syllable names that actually do work? I'd be so grateful!
smile.gif
)

Inori

Trophies
Website
gokusaishiki.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Fel said:
I feel like I want to SMASH the game apart! Isn't there any three syllable name which the game can pronounce? How hard can it be just to string few characters together? I've tried so many combinations, even anime surnames, yet nothing!

T_T Cryyyyyyy.

Can somebody please give me examples of 3 syllable names that actually do work? I'd be so grateful!
smile.gif
)

I`m not sure they`ll work with TMGS1, but this is a list of names from the TMGS3 wiki that seem to work, >> HERE

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Fel said:
Thank you! And can I ask for advice?

Suddenly after the exams, were I ended up being "so-so", Himuro rejected me twice in a row when I called him. Why? Is there any way how I can get close to him?

O_O
You can call Himuro?!
Why didn't I know this?
ohnoes.png
OMG! I'm so sorry, I accidentally wrote Himuro, when I meant Kei. >.> probably because I do sorta like him more...

And I ran out of cash, and though I'm part-time at Alucard, I'm not getting any more money.

Acidfunk

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't get this to work using R4 + Wood 1.12.

The unpatched rom works fine. The patched rom is 197 MB and doesn't get past the white loading screen upon start-up.

Any suggestions? I'd really love to finally understand this!

Inori

Trophies
Website
gokusaishiki.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Fel said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Fel said:
Thank you! And can I ask for advice?

Suddenly after the exams, were I ended up being "so-so", Himuro rejected me twice in a row when I called him. Why? Is there any way how I can get close to him?

O_O
You can call Himuro?!
Why didn't I know this?
ohnoes.png
OMG! I'm so sorry, I accidentally wrote Himuro, when I meant Kei. >.> probably because I do sorta like him more...

And I ran out of cash, and though I'm part-time at Alucard, I'm not getting any more money.

I don`t think that he rejected purely because of your exam grades. BUT if you got a so-so mark for your exams, I assume that your stats aren`t that great and guy`s are more affectionate to you when you have the stats that matter to them (e.g Morimura will like you more if you have high INT), and since Kei is a guy who wants an all-rounded person, he`s probably not so affectionate towards you. If it`s towards the beginning of the game, say after the first end of semester tests, then I wouldn`t worry if he doesn`t like you that much yet.

It might also have something to do with the places you asked him out to? Maybe he doesn`t like those places?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2