ROM Hack [Complete] Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love Plus

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: September 4, 2010
Thank you everyone for helping with the questionnaire. We got enough info (about 200 responses). Thank you so much.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
Updated: September 2, 2010
We need your help answering a questionnaire.

Questionnaire link.

Just answer whether you're familiar with words like sashimi, onsen, yukata, mochi, etc. so we can use the info to adapt our translations. You don't need to give any info about yourself. Thank you.

Inori

Trophies
Website
gokusaishiki.wordpress.com
XP
Country
^ +1 for your Scruffy avatar

Oh crap, I have a feeling that those are all the words I left in. In fact, I`m almost 100% sure those are most of the words I left in.

I think that regradless of whether people know them or not, there`s just no other way to explain them such as kimono or yukata. How else will you explain Osaka to people? From memory, some are also needed in order for the script to make sense, like kanji. And some are in there because of text limit like mochi vs glutinous rice cakes.

Most, if not all, are also google-able. I`d take the quiz, but I might skew the general opinion since I do know about Japanese Culture.

P.S Welcome Back
biggrin.gif

Edit: Oops, it sound like I`m ranting, but I`m not. It`s my two cents.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inori said:
Oh crap, I have a feeling that those are all the words I left in. In fact, I`m almost 100% sure those are most of the words I left in.

Oh, don't worry. It's because for these last few weeks, I've been editing B04 files that you helped translated so I noted those words in my memo. There are more in other files but I was too lazy to check back.
biggrin.gif

There are some lines that I feel like people with not much knowledge of Japanese culture won't understand at all.
Like...

QUOTE said:
Hazuki: Do you like table tennis?
You: Oh, I want to go to a hot spring one day.
The above conversation only makes sense if you're familiar with Japanese onsen (hot spring) but most people will surely get confused how table tennis and hot spring are related.

Then, there's something like this one...

Kijyo: I really liked Tsutenkaku when I was a child.
You: What is Tsutenkaku?
Kijyo: No way! You don't know Tsutenkaku!!!? (

Inori

Trophies
Website
gokusaishiki.wordpress.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

Eh? Really?

Could you link me to that particular script or give me the name of it, or even just give me the Japanese here? It sounds odd, to say the least. I`m kind of worried that I might have made a mistake....

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inori said:
QUOTE said:

Eh? Really?

Could you link me to that particular script or give me the name of it, or even just give me the Japanese here? It sounds odd, to say the least. I`m kind of worried that I might have made a mistake....

Oops, it's actually Mihara, not Hazuki. And please don't worry. Your translation was correct. It's just the culture reference that makes it sounds weird.
Here's the file: File B04_03_02x
(I'm editing the scripts off-line since Google Doc is killing my computer. So you don't need to edit it. I'll upload the edited files later if you want to take a look.
biggrin.gif
)

And I'm not planning to translate every word in the questionnaire. For some words, I just asked to get a general idea. (Tsutenkaku will have to remain because there's no other translation for it. I'll try to change something to make the conversation more understandable.
happy.gif
)

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Tabletennis at hot springs is a pretty common pastime actually.. at least at the traditional style inn's with that available. It's a pretty commonly used situation in harem anime too. (more prominent references that come to mind being Love Hina and Ichigo 100%)

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I googled afterwards what I didn't know, you didn't need to link - I do have my Googlefu skills high.
biggrin.gif
But yes, yukata doesn't really appear in anime almost at all unlike kimono and given that I don't really read about or research Japanese culture, anime is the only way besides DS games (and conventions) I get to know more about Japanese things like that.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: September 4, 2010
Thank you everyone for helping with the questionnaire. We got enough info (200 responses). Thank you so much.

sedicius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If those vocabularies are to be translated,
I think only ones below 70% should be translated..

Taiyaki - Fish shaped waffle
Kotatsu - Futon covered table
Enka - Traditional Japanese music
Oden - Fish cake soup
Omikuji - Fortune drawing
Chawanmushi - Egg custard
Tsutenkaku - Tsutenkaku Tower

ohnoes.png
Personally I'd tell people to just Google.
It won't hurt to learn new Japanese words!

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sedicius said:
If those vocabularies are to be translated,
I think only ones below 70% should be translated..

Taiyaki - Fish shaped waffle
Kotatsu - Futon covered table
Enka - Traditional Japanese music
Oden - Fish cake soup
Omikuji - Fortune drawing
Chawanmushi - Egg custard
Tsutenkaku - Tsutenkaku Tower

ohnoes.png
Personally I'd tell people to just Google.
It won't hurt to learn new Japanese words!

It depends on the context of the scripts.
Taiyaki won't be changed because there's some explanation about it in the script. (It's in Chiharu's mail where he went to try different kinds of Japanese foods.)

Tsutenkaku became Tsutenkaku Tower and I added a few words (that are not in the original Japanese script) to mention that it's a tower in Osaka.

Kotatsu is replaced with "warm blanket" because it's not that significant in the conversation. The original sentence is like "It's so cold. Better go home and stay under a kotatsu." and I changed it to "It's so cold. Better go home and stay under warm blankets." It sounds more natural than "Let's go home and stay under a futon covered table." I guess. (The translation is still not final though. I might change it to something else if I can think of a better word.)

Etc.
happy.gif

QUOTE(Inori @ Sep 3 2010, 02:12 AM) Ah, no, it`s still wrong!!!

It says ????????????. It should be, "I want to do this one day AT a hot spring"

The only thing that makes sense to me is a cultural reference to the movie ??????
Okay. Changed that. Thank you sooo muchhhh.
wub.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coconut said:
So is there a way to let it work on Wood already?
Some of us have tested R4 with Wood and YSmenu and it worked. You may need to ask in the Flashcart Threads to see if people who own the same card as yours also have the same problem or it's just you.

-----------------------------------------------

Updated: September 06, 2010.
We need your contribution of save files.

We need to test the ending texts and it takes us so long to replay each route to check each ending, so your save files will help us shorten the process.

Please read our Help Wanted page here. Thank you so much.

pokemongirl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I need help. I have a acekard 2 and a ds lite, I am using the latest offical kernal on acekard.com but everytime I load Tokimeki 1st love plus all I get is a white screen. Can anyone help me out?

xx_cutie_xx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pokemongirl said:
Hi, I need help. I have a acekard 2 and a ds lite, I am using the latest offical kernal on acekard.com but everytime I load Tokimeki 1st love plus all I get is a white screen. Can anyone help me out?

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized that my post didn't show up.
dry.gif

You should use AKAIO because it's better and more up to date with games than the official firmware.
It's also guaranteed to work with the patched version of this game too.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokemongirl said:

You may want to move up to AKAIO, I'm not so sure this game works with the official, a bunch of games doesn't work with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...