Hacking Coming back after about a year and lost. 9.0 N3DS with gateway

Gris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's been awhile since I've messed around with CFW on my hacked 3DS. It is 9.0.2U and I have a Gateway Red and Blue card. I know I have BigBlueMenu and a few CIAs installed but past that I'm in the dark. I pulled up the internal SD card hoping it'd have a Gateway version number apparent for a starting point but I haven't seen one.

I remember using a browser exploit to launch, but the few that I've looked for (go.gateway-3ds.com and the CFW QR code from the guide) aren't working. The BootNTR.cia is showing a data modified of 11/28/2015 and the BBM and everything else looks to be around the same. At this point I'm pretty sure I can remember or figure out how to install CIAs if I could boot into Gateway menu and into my EmuNAND.

Have there been any major updates for CFW in the past year? I looked through the FAQ and it sounds like everything is still operating off of 9.0ish firmware, but I've seen a few new names like Luma3DS and such. If anyone has any links or info on new developments that'd be amazing.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So it's been awhile since I've messed around with CFW on my hacked 3DS. It is 9.0.2U and I have a Gateway Red and Blue card. I know I have BigBlueMenu and a few CIAs installed but past that I'm in the dark. I pulled up the internal SD card hoping it'd have a Gateway version number apparent for a starting point but I haven't seen one.

I remember using a browser exploit to launch, but the few that I've looked for (go.gateway-3ds.com and the CFW QR code from the guide) aren't working. The BootNTR.cia is showing a data modified of 11/28/2015 and the BBM and everything else looks to be around the same. At this point I'm pretty sure I can remember or figure out how to install CIAs if I could boot into Gateway menu and into my EmuNAND.

Have there been any major updates for CFW in the past year? I looked through the FAQ and it sounds like everything is still operating off of 9.0ish firmware, but I've seen a few new names like Luma3DS and such. If anyone has any links or info on new developments that'd be amazing.
Big new thing is arm9loaderhax, which is perm cfw basically. Its really easy to install on 9.0-9.2 with a new3ds.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Gateway is mostly considered obsolete now.

Reactions: Gris

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In the meantime, menuhax appeared, allowing you to boot your Gateway directly at boot without needing OoT nor an internet connection.
And free CFWs also appeared like rxTools.

And both of these are considered bad alternatives :P

Because A9LH and Luma also appeared. Luma is the most up to date CFW, and A9LH the best entrypoint. Runs at boot like menuhax but has a 100% boot rate (90% for menuhax) and 0 second delay (8 seconds). And allows you to run everything in sysNAND instead of having an emuNAND (which is great for GBA VC and stuff).

Most people would tell you to ditch your Gateway and install A9LH but you can also use your Gateway with A9LH, so that's what I'd tell you to do. Then if you're bored of your cart, you can perfectly switch to Luma too (you only lose the Gateway cheats engine and the rest is better, and since you're on an old Gateway version, you probably don't even know what cheat engine I'm talking about so you may want to switch to Luma now).

The guide for A9LH is here https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Do not follow Gateway's Fastbullshit.
At the end of this guide, you can change some steps to keep your emuNAND and plug this guide instead to have your Gateway working again https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs