OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

I have the R4DS with firmware 1.18.

It appears that club penguin is not working ("The save data could not be accessed...please turn the power off and reinsert the DS Card?)

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to possibly get this to work since I do not believe there are many firmware updates for the R4 now.

Thanks in advance...Jon

jjjjherman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for the recommendation. I have been part of the scene for about 2 years and rarely had any problems. But with the R4 production at the tail end and little chance of firmware updates I might have to breakdown and start thinking about the cycloDS to replace my 3 (yes I said three) R4s.

The AMR7 did NOT work like a charm, but I continued to read and explore and came up with the ARM7FIXa that did the trick and seemed a bit easier to use...well at least until I created a arm7.bin file that worked.

Thanks again for your recco, I'll let you know if the wi-fi works as others might have interest since there are a few of us "older" folks who also have R4's for the kids :-)

frantier123

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
jjjjherman said:
Thank you very much for the recommendation. I have been part of the scene for about 2 years and rarely had any problems. But with the R4 production at the tail end and little chance of firmware updates I might have to breakdown and start thinking about the cycloDS to replace my 3 (yes I said three) R4s.

The AMR7 did NOT work like a charm, but I continued to read and explore and came up with the ARM7FIXa that did the trick and seemed a bit easier to use...well at least until I created a arm7.bin file that worked.

Thanks again for your recco, I'll let you know if the wi-fi works as others might have interest since there are a few of us "older" folks who also have R4's for the kids :-)

It probably wont work ... cos I tried on my R4 SDHC (Yes, a clone ... but I just wan to play above 2 GB)

jjjjherman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work and the WIFI does work.

Thanks for the helpful hint. Hopefully there will be a new R$ firmware release, if not, I'll be learning how to patch :-).

J

Agent007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got it to work with YSMenu ... i dont see why it doesn't work lol ...

Btw , I beat the game finally
tongue.gif
stupid robot stole 7 elite puffles and Agent G ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, DO THE METH!!!