Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

_Bojack_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right. Have you checked your gpu utilization to make sure it's actually working?

I use a 42" Plasma 1080p, so its rather obviose to whether its working or not. Without it, i see Alaising, with it on i dont. I also see smoothing of the text. (MHGen)
Honestly of hand i cant recall how much GPU usage went up, but it did.
So yes, its working.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
^^^ Na just giving it a brake lads ;) , Besides not really much to PR into Citra at this moment in time.

Just bought a new Xbox One and Final Fantasy XV, Was doing some Cheat hacking for Max Gil/ Max AP / Max EXP Done so far, So yes was working on this!, FFXV Hack First!, For Xbox one :D, Using the Vantage tool.
https://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/p=40064542.html#40064542

Last edited by drwhojan,

Raizane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Reactions: drwhojan

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AWESOME

one question the ultraheavy game luigi mansion will be benefit with this new optimized work for speed?
We have one test case for it on a i7 7700k with a gtx 970. It went from 15% speed to 40% speed for an increase of 166% speed.

So I also bring good news. We heard back from AMD about why the new code crashed on amd. It turns out that there is an ambiguity in the gl spec, where what the new code does could be considered invalid, but it's also valid. So it's not considered a driver bug to amd so they won't fix it. On the other hand, now that we know why it's likely crashing, phantom is working on a workaround.... Progress!

temich512

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
We have one test case for it on a i7 7700k with a gtx 970. It went from 15% speed to 40% speed for an increase of 166% speed.

So I also bring good news. We heard back from AMD about why the new code crashed on amd. It turns out that there is an ambiguity in the gl spec, where what the new code does could be considered invalid, but it's also valid. So it's not considered a driver bug to amd so they won't fix it. On the other hand, now that we know why it's likely crashing, phantom is working on a workaround.... Progress!
So, when we can try new build with speed improvment?

EdyMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yup sprite and other stuffs works now. Just have some bugs and getting custom texture not crash. Sorry not a lot of updates lets just say ive been way to busy farming OW lootboxes (´・ω・`)
It would be perfect if you could include the "no outlines patch" in your build, it would look perfect for Pokémon US/UM. Please consider this :)

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It would be perfect if you could include the "no outlines patch" in your build, it would look perfect for Pokémon US/UM. Please consider this :)
There is no need for such a thing. Read the following post:
How I could remove black lines in this build?
You edit the game with Hex Edit and some complicated stuff.
Copy "01 01 80 E0 04 20 80 E5", Ctrl+F, Paste, Ctrl+B "01 01 80 E0 00 F0 20 E3", Save, Done.
Extremely complicated, indeed.

EDIT: Actually, there's even a 2 minutes long video showing it.

EdyMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is no need for such a thing. Read the following post:
I tried this several times and could not get it to work. So I assumed it could be something with the build, since even in the rom without hex editing the patch is automatically applied to some other Citra builds (such as Sick's).

My game is in .cxi format, does this have anything to do with it? Even if saved as .3ds after hex editing does not work.

Last edited by EdyMaster,
Reactions: xmeee978

JacobJJJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are currently an issue for me with the games Cardfightfight!! Vanguard! Stride to Victory and both Future Card Buddyfight 3ds games. I run sandbox_test-5096f547-dirty. Those games instantly crash and state there is a rendering error.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

[ 9.530452] Debug <Critical> video_core/renderer_opengl/gl_rasterizer_cache.cpp:operator():1058: Assertion Failed!. This error

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
There are currently an issue for me with the games Cardfightfight!! Vanguard! Stride to Victory and both Future Card Buddyfight 3ds games. I run sandbox_test-5096f547-dirty. Those games instantly crash and state there is a rendering error.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

[ 9.530452] Debug <Critical> video_core/renderer_opengl/gl_rasterizer_cache.cpp:operator():1058: Assertion Failed!. This error
These games won't boot on Citra yet. Not properly playable since 2015.
Although, it boots and then ends the emulator on the intro.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

epicboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking back a few posts, and seems there's a gpu accelerated version of citra floating around? Anyone have a download link?
And the jhon591 github seems to be down? I just recently upgraded my cpu and was looking for maybe an avx2/skylake optimized build while I wait for the gpu enhanced version.

Last edited by epicboy,

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was looking back a few posts, and seems there's a gpu accelerated version of citra floating around? Anyone have a download link?
And the jhon591 github seems to be down? I just recently upgraded my cpu and was looking for maybe an avx2/skylake optimized build while I wait for the gpu enhanced version.

There is no such version yet. But it will be available "soon"

b0b_d0e at reddit dropped on me some nice message in response to AMD problem:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Citra/comm...ever_going_to_get_performance_update/dutabxt/

"
Amd fix is already done now. It doesn't impact performance for Nvidia it seems. The code is on the final stretch now and is getting ready to go live. From there we can track issues with specific games and stuff.

I've been keeping a spreadsheet of games performance differences but no one has tested mh xx so I can't say for that one. But here's some numbers from someone with a intel 3700k and a gtx 680 for some other mh games at 4x resolution and accurate mul on (which slows down all games but is required for some games) what I'm saying is if you drop resolution and turn off mul you'd likely get even faster, but we wanted to test the average scenario.

Monster Hunter Generations 50% -> 275%

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 10% -> 45%

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 15% -> 50%

Monster Hunter Stories 5% -> 17%

"

Last edited by perkel,

epicboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no such version yet. But it will be available "soon"
Monster Hunter Generations 50% -> 275%

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 10% -> 45%

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 15% -> 50%

Monster Hunter Stories 5% -> 17%

"
Thank you for this detailed response. I just thought that some users had an early build and therefore were able to come up with these performance metrics.

Is this build really only useful for monster hunter games?

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thank you for this detailed response. I just thought that some users had an early build and therefore were able to come up with these performance metrics.

Is this build really only useful for monster hunter games?

No it covers everything. He talks about MH games because i was talking about example of MHXX which only needs like 20% increased performance from citra and it will be near perfect version of MHXX to play.

Also those numbers he posted are for CORE citra aka official build.
Most of people playing use unnoficial builds which run a lot faster than core citra.

Now imagine if core citra gets such bumb then you can assume unnoficial builds also will speed up a lot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think