perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is the one I've been using

Damn. 0% slowdown for me in MHXX and it makes UI almost HD:

0RuwJHF.jpg

It works on some textures and not for others but when it works it is really good.
You can see texture scaling on bowgun handle behind character. Also face really looks better, before it was rather blurry.

unR6j3l.jpg

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Too bad Im stuck with a damn AMD chip. Figures.

I said 0% slowdown compared to other build without texture scaling. I still get slowdowns from time to time after i OC my CPU to 4.7Ghz (i5-3570k)

Speaking of new update that is coming. Relax. They will get eventually AMD support. I also have AMD gpu.

Senjosei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
View attachment 115198

UI and stuff look fantastic but I don't think its working on the sprites in Radiant Historia or FE fates. Think that may be what Senjosei is working on though?
Yup sprite and other stuffs works now. Just have some bugs and getting custom texture not crash. Sorry not a lot of updates lets just say ive been way to busy farming OW lootboxes (´・ω・`)
fe17f68938.jpg
5ad0e843fb.jpg

Last edited by Senjosei,

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but would it be possible to add a different scaling algorithm to citra? Not for the textures, the actual screen. From looking at the source code it seems it's just linear interpolation, and I was wondering if it's possible to add something different (from personal preference I'd choose hermite, but I don't know if there's a way to use it in opengl at a decent speed).

As for why, currently running the game at a resolution twice the window size makes the game look better but there's still a lot of ugly lines, I'd rather take a little extra softness in exchange of getting rid of them. Of course, I can just run the entire desktop at a higher resolution and use DSR to make it look better, but then I can't read anything else.

Wrzl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have seen people running ReShade with citra. If you can get it working, you could apply a Gaussian filter through ReShade and have the effect you are looking for, if I understood you correctly.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I have seen people running ReShade with citra. If you can get it working, you could apply a Gaussian filter through ReShade and have the effect you are looking for, if I understood you correctly.
Is there any proof that people use ReShade on Citra? Screenshot?

Edit: Seems there are on Youtube. nvm

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already tried using SMAA with reshade, none of the versions I've tried has worked. They either produce a black screen, don't load, or load but don't apply any filter.

_Bojack_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personaly i use NVCP and force 32x CSAA + 8x SS, (no fxaa), and it removes any jaggies at 10x resolution.
Combine that with with texture scaling, and ur golden. Thats as good as your gunna get untill its possible to use custom textures. I.E MHXX Switch textures for MHGen/XX 3DS.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personaly i use NVCP and force 32x CSAA + 8x SS, (no fxaa), and it removes any jaggies at 10x resolution.
Combine that with with texture scaling, and ur golden. Thats as good as your gunna get untill its possible to use custom textures. I.E MHXX Switch textures for MHGen/XX 3DS.
Weird, I couldn't make nvidia inspector work for forcing AA. What compatibility flag are you using?

Wrzl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've already tried using SMAA with reshade, none of the versions I've tried has worked. They either produce a black screen, don't load, or load but don't apply any filter.
My curiosity got the better of me and I tried it myself. The overlay from reshade didn‘t work, so I had to modify opengl32.ini in an editor to configure the paths, a preset file, tutorial progress (5) and current preset (0). Not sure if the tutorial thing was necessary.

The preset file also had to be configured per editor. Not everything seemed to work but Gaussian blur worked. No jaggies but also less details (expectedly).
AT19eaU.jpg

Some fooling around for a GameBoy port:
MfDOg3O.jpg

Vanilla and best:
ZwQySaY.jpg

With more time, better results should be possible. Some functions started to work once I played around with the enb injector but I already lost too much time with this stuff.

Last edited by Wrzl,
Reactions: xmeee978

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My curiosity got the better of me and I tried it myself. The overlay from reshade didn‘t work, so I had to modify opengl32.ini in an editor to configure the paths, a preset file, tutorial progress (5) and current preset (0). Not sure if the tutorial thing was necessary.

The preset file also had to be configured per editor. Not everything seemed to work but Gaussian blur worked. No jaggies but also less details (expectedly).
AT19eaU.jpg

Some fooling around for a GameBoy port:
MfDOg3O.jpg

Vanilla and best:
ZwQySaY.jpg

With more time, better results should be possible. Some functions started to work once I played around with the enb injector but I already lost too much time with this stuff.

I had already tried editing manually, but I tried again and while gaussian blur works, smaa still gives me a black screen.

Edit: Not even gaussian blur works, I had accidentally disabled it, when it loads it gives me a black screen regardless if there's an effect loaded or not.

Last edited by Edgarska,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips