1. jroweboy

jroweboy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    where did you hear few days? thats not true, but its not that far off. we are waiting to hear back from phantom to see if they think its fine to push without amd support since its phantom's code (and they haven't been around for the last week) after phantom gives the okay, then merry volunteered to pick it up to get it merged, and she said she'd need a week to get it ready, so it'll likely at least take a week from when we hear back from phantom. i'm just as excited about it as everyone else, but the truth is we have no timeline for it right now. (this can change at any point of course)

2. Miguel Gomez

Miguel Gomez GBAtemp Addict

But still, hype!

A week or more is fine to me. I can wait.

3. asferot

asferot Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Just some info floating around certain places. Tho it seemed that other devs really want to push it out as fast as possible. And they were talking about end of the month. Which, to be honest, is just a few days away. At any case the feeling was that it is coming soon.

4. pol40

pol40 GBAtemp Fan

Barbados
    The difference in speed is noticeable?

5. perkel

perkel GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    That is different. What you are talking about are textures. What i am talking about are just ui elements, like font, button images etc.

Yes it might be that it can accept only one resolution but could be as well that it accepts any resolution which is pretty standard in modern game development. We don't know until we try.

textures, images etc are packed with .arc files and those needs to be extracted to be able to mod those images.

Citra is alpha software so idk why they think they should wait. And i speak of it as AMD user.

It should be. They will be taking part of what CPU did and move it to GPU. Which means free CPU time, which means faster emulation.
    It could be 5% could be 50% or maybe even 500%. We don't know until they release it and even then there will be probably more things they could move to GPUs in future.

Last edited by perkel, Feb 20, 2018
  6. Slidingbass

Slidingbass GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    On average most games go twice as fast, some even more.

Lunos and pol40 like this.
  7. DeadlyAnGeL91792

DeadlyAnGeL91792 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Question, I was told that you were working on making it so CITRA can pick up gamepads that accidentally unplug? Right now I have a poop wire on my remote and if it disconnects during CITRA I have to close the app and restart it to get the controls to work or rebind everything to the keyboard, walk somewhere and save then restart and rebind. Anyways, im just wondering. Is this true, you'll be fixing it? :)

Edit: Also what are the rest of you people running monster hunter XX on?!?!? I have a monster pc that cant even get a stable fps....dont tell me you guys are hunting at 14 fps?

Last edited by DeadlyAnGeL91792, Feb 21, 2018
  8. midoraku

midoraku Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    generic advice N1 - tun off 3d in title screen settings. gaN2 - set ticks on mingw build around 19 000-22 0000

we huntin on 28-30 with my friend. but no it isnt fully stable yet for i7 2600k/4.2Gz yet cause game drops speed like 20-30%+ on roars of big monsters or on enemys with many wow-effects like astalos. Rest time its pretty much around 30 for me and around 27-28 for my friend win not overlocked i3 3240

so if we will get gpu encode and it will stop roars (and flashbangs) suffering - this will be the second happiest day after we got working 2ppl coop

Last edited by midoraku, Feb 21, 2018
  9. asferot

asferot Advanced Member
    Newcomer

For me it runs around 20-25 FPS, so I put it on backburner for now.
    I am playing other games. Rune Factory 4 runs perfectly even with increased rendering resolution. Same with Etrian Odyssey 5.
    There are many games that run fine on current versions of Citra.

10. perkel

perkel GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    edit: dumb post

11. tywald

tywald Member
    Newcomer

You can mitigate the fps drops during roars and other effects by running at native resolution, 'Effects settings'(Lens flare in MHXX patch iirc) set to 'reduced' might help as well. I run my own build so I basically have 100% speed with 2 players. I would need to overclock my CPU on Hellblade Glavenus though, barely get 100% speed on it with the build.

I play MHGen with three other people that I rotate with on our Discord, will be cool when 3-4 players eventually work :P (I'm gonna wait with MHXX until I personally 'complete' MHGen so I can get the most out of the transfer as possible).

Hm 'asferot' sounds familiar...

Last edited by tywald, Feb 21, 2018
  12. asferot

asferot Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Of course it sounds familiar. It is me, Alice. The one who likes swinging banhammer.

And. Your build? What is changed in it? Im guessing if I do 20 FPS in XX then it will not help me much?

13. tywald

tywald Member
    Newcomer

/wave

Maybe, maybe not. I have around 20fps with official Canary as well. My specs are i7-3770K and GTX 680.

Anyone should be able to build it since it's just one thing added to canary 357 if you really want it. That's as much as I can reveal :P

The 'GPU update' will eventually come when it's ready which we already know should be fairly soon™ if you can be more patient just wait for that.

Last edited by tywald, Feb 21, 2018
  14. DeadlyAnGeL91792

United States
    Would someone link me a build with Xbrz? plz

Last edited by DeadlyAnGeL91792, Feb 21, 2018
  15. Edgarska

Edgarska Conjurer of cheap tricks

United States
    This is the one I've been using, though I don't really use texture upscaling myself, but it runs faster than other builds for me, so that's another reason to use it.

By the way, @Senjosei , this is probably not a priority, but while the FMVs now work fine in most games, the intro movie for Little Battlers eXperience runs pretty bad, I don't know know how you tell apart the videos from gameplay for the FMV fix but thought you should know.

Last edited by Edgarska, Feb 21, 2018
  16. DeadlyAnGeL91792

United States
    Would you know if he has his own Github? tyvm for the link, it looks pretty nice.

17. Edgarska

Edgarska Conjurer of cheap tricks

United States
    He does, same username, but he says he doesn't update it often, the most recent builds are just posted in this thread.

DeadlyAnGeL91792 likes this.
  18. jroweboy

jroweboy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yes.
    citra-qt_2018-02-01_19-41-00.png

Kirgo, NiagA, Fooni and 12 others like this.
  19. Heather95

Heather95 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Now we just need a hack for Pokemon to run at native 60 FPS. :P

20. asferot

asferot Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Myea. That should push MHXX to stable 30 on my PC.

BTW. Is someone working on some simple shaders/filters? Like Natual colors, FXAA and such?

Last edited by asferot, Feb 21, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Unofficial, discussion, Chinese