Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

jonaand

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
pokemon moon give me error
[ 20.968856] HW.GPU <Critical> video_core/renderer_opengl/gl_shader_gen.cpp:AppendSource:58: Unhandled texture type 1

how fix this?

Rayi19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, Drwhojan and everyone.

I introduce myself, Im an spanish "youtuber" and I created a little citra community thanks to citra and some of you, first of all I want to thank u 4 all the work doing this citra builds, I would love to share more of ur work on my channel and I really want to interview u on my channel. Sorry 4 my english I know that its pretty bad :unsure: and Im bad too on forums.. anyway this is my channel Im sure that a lot of my suscribers want to listen to u and learn more about citra.

See you and thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyagcoYosf6XtaZbXjRkGKg

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, Drwhojan and everyone.

I introduce myself, Im an spanish "youtuber" and I created a little citra community thanks to citra and some of you, first of all I want to thank u 4 all the work doing this citra builds, I would love to share more of ur work on my channel and I really want to interview u on my channel. Sorry 4 my english I know that its pretty bad :unsure: and Im bad too on forums.. anyway this is my channel Im sure that a lot of my suscribers want to listen to u and learn more about citra.

See you and thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyagcoYosf6XtaZbXjRkGKg
What about talking to some dev, drwhojan it's not one of them.
"I want to thank u 4 all the work doing this citra builds" <--- He didn't wrote a single line of code, don't give credit to the wrong person

Reactions: Rayi19

Rayi19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry LG I was thanking everyone who work on the builds and on the forum not to a specific person, maybe I didnt explain it well due to my bad english :) I was interested to interview dampih I upload his modification a day ago or someone who wants and worked on citra ^^

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What about talking to some dev, drwhojan it's not one of them.
"I want to thank u 4 all the work doing this citra builds" <--- He didn't wrote a single line of code, don't give credit to the wrong person

New
Sorry LG I was thanking everyone who work on the builds and on the forum not to a specific person, maybe I didnt explain it well due to my bad english :) I was interested to interview dampih I upload his modification a day ago or someone who wants and worked on citra ^^

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is the list of the contributors https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/graphs/contributors , give credit only when credit is due

Reactions: Rayi19

xiraiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh boy this random freezing that happens on all the newer builds in Sun/Moon is going to give me a heart attack, just had a freeze while trying to S.O.S Salamence on Island 1, Part of me wants to go back to the real old September build since even though it had Memory leaks, It at the very least never froze on me. Makes me wonder what's causing it.

Feels like Citra is alot more prone to crashing/freezing if you're doing stuff like minimizing it or opening stuff over the top of it.

Last edited by xiraiya,

Dragios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
gdmk build 2016-11-26.7z has been released at 10.40 am today

Noteworthy changes is it includes the Pokemon line hack fix by JayFoxRox

Earlier today, I've been investigating why Pokemon outlines fail. I do have a working solution but it's pretty slow and hacky code.
I'm not going to integrate it probably as I don't know if it causes regressions and I'm not sure how to best convert between texture formats.

The reason for the whole thing is related to 2 bugs / missing features in texture forwarding:
  1. The depth buffer (D24S8) is used as a RGBA8 texture. That means that the cached texture is first flushed (which is slow and happens at least once per frame!) and then reuploaded (in reduced resolution = pixelation). My solution is to download the depth buffer to the CPU (very slow + it happens twice as the original copy is also necessary), then re-upload it as RGBA8 in the original size. This basicly cuts my framerate in half so it's not a good solution yet.
    (I also had an alternative solution where I used the depth buffer correctly. OpenGL will then interpret the data differently (= small visual errors) but it boosts performance by 5-10 FPS as we can avoid all flushes.)
  2. The other issue is that the Stencil buffer is not cleared correctly (causing lines where they shouldn't be). It looks like the texture cache is cleared correctly, but the texture is instead uploaded from memory again (where it wasn't cleared). My solution is to clear both copies of the texture (which is probably a sane configuration anyway).
    I'm not sure why this happens yet though.
Obligatory images OR/AS (Master / Prototype):

ejjPCsT.png

6et3ewN.png

Bonus images S/M (Master / Prototype) - thanks to Leo121:

vKgYT3T.png

uksDwxv.png

The code is temporarily hosted at https://github.com/JayFoxRox/citra/commits/pockeymans .
PLEASE DO NOT RELEASE BUILDS WITH THAT CODE. IT'S PURELY FOR FIGURING OUT THE CAUSE OF THE ISSUE.

Note that I had to test on AS as I don't have access to the other Pokemon games yet.
I'm assuming this will fix a lot of games though (other Pokemon games included.).

Last edited by Dragios,

SantoshShlok

GBAtemp Master
Trophies
XP
Country
India
which is the fastest build for playing pokemon sun and moon?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

by mine the 24-11 damiph build is too fast and with no lines

Dampih

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, please test my build
Code:
ALL CREDIT GOES TO CITRA DEVELOPER

Based on https://github.com/citra-emu/citra (ed2ff8d)
Additional PR
(+) MerryMage/dynarmic
(+) JayFoxRox/gs-new-refactor
(+) emmauss/implement framelimiter
(+) makotech222/inputcore
(+) makotech222/cheatsmodule
(+) Jhno591/Fifa Update
(+) Jhon591/Texture Filtering
(-) Revert wwylele/stub-nwm

NOTE:
Best Performance (by order):
1. citra-qt-gcc-fastest1 //Break Pokemon ORAS!
2. citra-qt-gcc-fastest2
3. citra-qt-gcc-with-gs-faster //Break Pokemon ORAS! //More gfx Effect
4. citra-qt-gcc-with-gs //More gfx Effect

https://openload.co/f/VqivQSNDdg8/Citra_DA_26-11-2106.rar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: I'd like another 8 TB HDD yes thank you very much +1