Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think you will get answer if you ask in unofficial Chinese Build Gbatemp Thread,since it involved illegal file to let ORAS playable on nightly build ...

The file is not "illegal" by nature. The question is wether you have the permission to use the file and wether you obtained it legally.
And in most countries (EU + US + almost anywhere else) that means: - You must *own a 3DS* to be able to legally keep a copy of your own home-folder, *dumped from your device*.

yes you can use you're xbox360 controller
No you can't.. That question wasn't too hard to understand:
Question: Can you use gamepads / joysticks / xinput in the official version of Citra?
Answer: No. It's work in progress and will probably still take some time (there are supposedly some issues with the current approach or code, so it won't even be merged probably). Your unofficial builds don't belong in this thread and it will confuse users who'll soon ask: "why doesn't my gamepad work on the official version?! somebody on gbatemp said it would work!!11"

You can use third party tools to map gamepad events to keyboard presses. However that's not strictly related to Citra so we don't officially support it or tell you how to do it.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ou can't.. That question wasn't too hard to understand:
Question: Can you use gamepads / joysticks / xinput in the official version of Citra?
Answer: No. It's work in progress and will probably still take some time (there are supposedly some issues with the current approach or code, so it won't even be merged probably). Your unofficial builds don't belong in this thread and it will confuse users who'll soon ask: "why doesn't my gamepad work on the official version?! somebody on gbatemp said it would work!!11"

You can use third party tools to map gamepad events to keyboard presses. However that's not strictly related to Citra so we don't officially support it or tell you how to do it.

I can confirm how ever xbox360 pad official works , but one need one of these 4 it https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...3_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BQZN0ZGSJCBZ5WHNKGGZ - I bought one myself of amazon

But no as you Not the official citra version as of yet
But I do agree yes it dose need more work for other game pads then, That I do not have too test it by, seems work on it has come to a sudden stand still, and yes it work in progress! :)

Ps2/3 , I check an unofficial ps2 usb controller and no it did not work.

Last edited by drwhojan,

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i run it like a normal 3ds(with a home menu and everything?)

LOL no, the home menu can be loaded but it requires a hacked 3DS on custom firmware to dump the home menu (I believe version 4.x was tested) but it froze when one tried to use it.

The citra team is moving fast and already have quite a few games booting and running at decent speed, ocarina of time I think is fully playable and runs at full speed. So you can at least experiment with that.

Reactions: JayFoxRox

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by el_gonz87,
Reactions: JayFoxRox and ll0rT

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What's next for Citra's development @JayFoxRox ? I'm just curious.

I don't know.

Citra is a community effort. It's not that there are some team meetings where we discuss what everybody is going to work on next.
We only have meetings for forum moderators and the blog / twitter maintainers where we discuss recent bans / warnings or general trends in the community.
Aside from that, it's an organic process without team structures.

If anybody (past contributor or not) wants to work on anything they can just work on it and once they are done they send us a pull request (at this point it's easily visible for the public, so this is the point when unofficial builds will start including those features).

So unless a developer talks to us before implementing a feature we never know whats around the corner.
For all we know somebody could have worked on the next big feature in secret for the past months. Something like this happened with JIT, CRO and Audio.
There are also repo for vulkan + android from what I've heard. However, I'm not sure if anybody is still actively working on it, and we are not pushing anyone.

Personally I'll continue trying to defend our license, give support and moderate forums / discord. I'm also working on user experience / usability and also consider going back to my GS branch.
If I had to guess what past contributors work on next I'd assume merry will work on more JIT instructions (mainly SIMD), yuriks is probably going to optimize the shader stuff, jroweboy will be busy with bleeding-edge builds and improving user experience. Not sure what wwylele is currently up to or what bunnei will continue to work on.
Note that all of that is guesswork based on past progress. I haven't heard any confirmations about these and people are free to do whatever they want.
It's not unlikely that a new developer will show up randomly or that somebody stops contributing either.

Reactions: el_gonz87

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know.

Citra is a community effort. It's not that there are some team meetings where we discuss what everybody is going to work on next.
We only have meetings for forum moderators and the blog / twitter maintainers where we discuss recent bans / warnings or general trends in the community.
Aside from that, it's an organic process without team structures.

If anybody (past contributor or not) wants to work on anything they can just work on it and once they are done they send us a pull request (at this point it's easily visible for the public, so this is the point when unofficial builds will start including those features).

So unless a developer talks to us before implementing a feature we never know whats around the corner.
For all we know somebody could have worked on the next big feature in secret for the past months. Something like this happened with JIT, CRO and Audio.
There are also repo for vulkan + android from what I've heard. However, I'm not sure if anybody is still actively working on it, and we are not pushing anyone.

Personally I'll continue trying to defend our license, give support and moderate forums / discord. I'm also working on user experience / usability and also consider going back to my GS branch.
If I had to guess what past contributors work on next I'd assume merry will work on more JIT instructions (mainly SIMD), yuriks is probably going to optimize the shader stuff, jroweboy will be busy with bleeding-edge builds and improving user experience. Not sure what wwylele is currently up to or what bunnei will continue to work on.
Note that all of that is guesswork based on past progress. I haven't heard any confirmations about these and people are free to do whatever they want.
It's not unlikely that a new developer will show up randomly or that somebody stops contributing either.
No. What I was trying to say was, what PR or commit is almost done and ready to merge at the Master Build? My bad.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nobody knows either...
If there aren't any remaining issues in a PR it's merged. However, it's not seldom to find bugs just minutes before a planned merge which may delay or even prevent a PR from merging.

The only reviewed PR is one which fixes spelling in the menu (and I think it does more bad than good, but I don't really care about that one :P).
Most of the other PRs need work, more reviews or they were abandoned.

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
No. What I was trying to say was, what PR or commit is almost done and ready to merge at the Master Build? My bad.
currently all pr have been frozen due to the clang format pr. if that is merged, most of the other pr would have to be updated/rebased, since most, if not all, files in the source, and every line in them, was changed with that PR. no additional features, just a major cosmetic change.

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I'm going to see if I can hit the lottery and set up a programming environment to compile Citra (sometimes I find VS or CMake just throws a fit and there's nothing you can do about it, maybe I'm just bad at following instructions, setting up programming environments is my worst enemy) and try to add some kind of full screen, because that's a feature I've been wanting for a while and I might as well try to add it myself. Maybe I'll have a go at XInput too, those seem like the most simple things I'd personally like to see.

I'd like to see some kind of editable layout features, like mapping button inputs to places on the bottom screen. That would be good for Zelda and Kid Icarus. And a "facecam" type view, because let's be honest who really wants to play a game on a 1080p screen using only 30% of the screen area?

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm, I'm going to see if I can hit the lottery and set up a programming environment to compile Citra (sometimes I find VS or CMake just throws a fit and there's nothing you can do about it, maybe I'm just bad at following instructions, setting up programming environments is my worst enemy) and try to add some kind of full screen, because that's a feature I've been wanting for a while and I might as well try to add it myself. Maybe I'll have a go at XInput too, those seem like the most simple things I'd personally like to see.

I'd like to see some kind of editable layout features, like mapping button inputs to places on the bottom screen. That would be good for Zelda and Kid Icarus. And a "facecam" type view, because let's be honest who really wants to play a game on a 1080p screen using only 30% of the screen area?
What about one screen on your PC monitor and the other in another device (smartphone/tablet) ?
https://i.imgur.com/u6xRw53.jpg

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What app is that on mobile? TeamViewer?
I've uninstalled it, when I find it again I send you a PM (I don't remeber the name right now). The second screen is used as a second desktop, the touch works like a mouse click in the emulator screen, so this function like the real 3DS second screen.

Reactions: breel

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about one screen on your PC monitor and the other in another device (smartphone/tablet) ?
https://i.imgur.com/u6xRw53.jpg
That would basically mean using your android as a second screen, right? So if Citra had using a second monitor for the second screen in full screen mode that would pretty much do it.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
With regard to second screen.
The best solution is Duet: http://www.duetdisplay.com/
Video:

All WiFi based solutions have heavy latency.
The only WiFi alternative would be to create an open source project, which simulates the WiiU Technology which is based on Miracast.
Even Miracast has a high latency and cannot be used.
Means a 1:1 connection from a PC to a tablet is needed with 11.ac (not via a router).

Would be great to play Citra, Desmume, Decaf or Cemu with a second screen solution.
However all emulators need to implement a window mode for each screen.
Imagine Ocarina of Time 3D on the big screen, and the inventory on the tablet.

Last edited by papermanzero,
Reactions: LG_

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
With regard to second screen.
The best solution is Duet: http://www.duetdisplay.com/
Video:

All WiFi based solutions have heavy latency.
The only WiFi alternative would be to create an open source project, which simulates the WiiU Technology which is based on Miracast.
Even Miracast has a high latency and cannot be used.
Means a 1:1 connection from a to PC to a tablet is needed with 11.ac (not via a router).

Would be great to play Citra, Desmume, Decaf or Cemu with a second screen solution.
However all emulators need to implement a window mode for each screen.
Imagine Ocarina of Time 3D on the big screen, and the inventory on the tablet.

That's what I'm doing, but not with this app. And it's not via WiFi, it's USB, so there is no delay even in the inputs via touchscreen
u6xRw53.jpg

Reactions: papermanzero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7