Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The developers haven't showd up in a while... No further updates... we need updates. haha

even if nothing is posted here, builds keep being made and remade in order to improve it. you can always download the latest version in CITRA website.

Mattzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
even if nothing is posted here, builds keep being made and remade in order to improve it. you can always download the latest version in CITRA website.
I was playing Ocarina of Time on CITRA, but right now my only interest is on playing Pokemon X/Y. The emulator doesnt support it so far. But i'm waiting patiently, they are doing a amazing work on the emulator. ^-^

Reactions: Margen67

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I was playing Ocarina of Time on CITRA, but right now my only interest is on playing Pokemon X/Y. The emulator doesnt support it so far. But i'm waiting patiently, they are doing a amazing work on the emulator. ^-^

Yeah. It's not an easy task at all and they've already accomplished a lot. It will just keeps improving now, slowly but steady I'm sure.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how this post reduces "progress" solely to emulation speed.

I probably should have said efficient rather than faster, thats what I implied. Usually they process the information slowly at first, then someone comes along and finds a way to make that code more efficient resulting in faster emulation.

My favorite example was back in the UltraHLE days (anyone else THAT old?) we had a lovely emulator named Corn pop up - instead of using dynarec, Corn used staticrec, resulting in near perfect emulation for some titles. Someone found a more efficient way to do it.

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the correction. Yes I want a 32 bit Citra.
Sorry, I don't think that will happen. If there was development for both a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version, it would delay development even further. Besides, it would run much slower on a 32-bit operating system, due to the low RAM usage.

64-bit is the future! Best thing you can do is use a 64-bit OS, either you can dual boot it alongside your 32-bit OS or replace it entirely.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just tested Citra running Digimon World Redigitize Decode and there's been kinda progress :D
With the newest Build the top screen gets grey (yeah that's progress), after a while fades to white (I consider that progress too.XD) and then it turns black again and breaks. Log Report (truncated):

SyncRequest: 68: unknown / uninplemented function "GetFormatInfo"
d00.bin can't be open without mode create.
d01.bin can't be open without mode create.
d02.bin can't be open without mode create.
sysData.bin can't be open without mode create.
SyncRequest: 68: unknown / uninplemented function "0X00040000": port = y2r:u //Never saw an unimplemented function as an adress before. I thought that's kinda weird, but I bet there's a logical explanation for that.
scv.cpp Break 389, 397 Emulated program broke execution
Break Reason: PANIC

I suppose nothing of that is news or relevant to the devs, but hey, just in case this contains something useful information I thought I'd post it.

bayleef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, I don't think that will happen. If there was development for both a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version, it would delay development even further. Besides, it would run much slower on a 32-bit operating system, due to the low RAM usage.
I have built citra from source and it worked fine with my 32bit Ubuntu 14.04 (at least for homebrew). I had trouble linking the non-qt version, but the qt version worked fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.