Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
I understand. and what games run on it other than homebrew? (I know they wont completely run just wondering what games at least load)

Commercial games I have tested that boot:
Ocarina of Time 3D: With touchscreen support, this game would be playable from start to finish. (Not using FPS as a factor here!) An assortment of graphical bugs.
Cubic Ninja: Seems to work fine, but for some reason crashes before the menu more times than not. White/grey lines over anything 3D.
Cave Story 3D: Gets past logo screens, loading screen for a split second than blackness.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity: Out of 3 loading circles, the first one fades in then freezes the game.

Nothing else I have tested works.

LuigiBro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Commercial games I have tested that boot:
Ocarina of Time 3D: With touchscreen support, this game would be playable from start to finish. (Not using FPS as a factor here!) An assortment of graphical bugs.
Cubic Ninja: Seems to work fine, but for some reason crashes before the menu more times than not. White/grey lines over anything 3D.
Cave Story 3D: Gets past logo screens, loading screen for a split second than blackness.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity: Out of 3 loading circles, the first one fades in then freezes the game.

Nothing else I have tested works.

I tested New Super Mario Bros 2, Mario Kart 7 and Ocarina of time and they all didnt work. idk why

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
I tested New Super Mario Bros 2, Mario Kart 7 and Ocarina of time and they all didnt work. idk why

I have a custom build which I based off master and included neobrain's pica_progress3 commits. I also changed some code to return 0 instead of exiting for some various unimplented gpu functions so OoT doesn't crash after save select and Cubic Ninja didn't crash on loading screen. You'll need to compile from source to make any kind of custom build.

Reactions: Margen67

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a custom build which I based off master and included neobrain's pica_progress3 commits. I also changed some code to return 0 instead of exiting for some various unimplented gpu functions so OoT doesn't crash after save select and Cubic Ninja didn't crash on loading screen. You'll need to compile from source to make any kind of custom build.

He doesn't under how to compile. I tried to help him, but it didn't end well. Did they really leave a lot of holes with no returns in the code? I have the source, just haven't looked through it.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
He doesn't under how to compile. I tried to help him, but it didn't end well. Did they really leave a lot of holes with no returns in the code? I have the source, just haven't looked through it.

The way it works right now is if something, for example, a color blend factor is called by the game but Citra doesn't support it, it'll output a critical error and exit. I changed things that do this to return 0 and keep running. It's not correct at all, but it outputs something so the game doesn't crash.

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So, what is the reason why your branch on Citra hasn't been merged with the source? Is it still not ready to be pulled?

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
So, what is the reason why your branch on Citra hasn't been merged with the source? Is it still not ready to be pulled?

For one, the changes from the pica_progress3 branch hasn't been fully merged yet. Also, I'm not really fixing anything, basically just avoiding crashes. I don't know if that kind of thing is wanted in the master branch or not :P

Rokkubro

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, you've probably already heard this but... I tried compiling Citra-QT for fun, and now whenever I try to run yeti3ds(as a .3dsx) I get an error. The error says "Debug Assertion Failed" and is caused by "List iterators incompatible" in MSVCP120D.dll Line 289.
Any help would be appreciated!

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Since when has Cave Story 3D been able to get in-game? I don't know if it started working after a recent commit or if it worked before that, but it gets in-game now. I guess that makes 3 retail games that get in-game now!

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering, how well can this play Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS? I assume it's unplayable if it even loads at all, but considering it's possible to get in-game in that Zelda game (OoT3D?) I'm wondering if anyone's tried.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just wondering, how well can this play Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS? I assume it's unplayable if it even loads at all, but considering it's possible to get in-game in that Zelda game (OoT3D?) I'm wondering if anyone's tried.

Lol, no, not yet. Pokémon games are pretty complex, I feel like it will take a while before they boot.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody tried running a non-3D game on this emulator yet? Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns's 3DS port is all sprites, yes? Would emulating it be easier?

Reactions: Lucifer666

Rokkubro

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow! This is really exciting! And with fixed text now too. :) Maybe in a few more years there'll be a computer fast enough to run it at full speed :P. Keep up the good work.

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
citra now uses an arm intepreter , that is why is is very slow(correct me if i am wrong, but that is what armemu is, right?). dyncom is being developed and will replace armemu when ready, it will give games some speedup, but since i see writing a new arm core in the devs todo list, dyncom wont give a hug boost like most dynarecs in other popular emus. it may be on par with curent intepreter of dolphin or pcsx2, if not a little faster.

so there is no reason to say that current hardware cant possibly run citra at full speed, all we need is the right coding. but we may have to wait a long time for that.

PS: can any arm dev pick up that small but huge task, we really dont want to kill ourselves over slow speeds.

Joaco95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I know the commercial games emulation just began but I would like to know how to convert .3ds files to .3dsx?
I would like to try myself OoT :)
Thanks

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
citra now uses an arm intepreter , that is why is is very slow(correct me if i am wrong, but that is what armemu is, right?). dyncom is being developed and will replace armemu when ready, it will give games some speedup, but since i see writing a new arm core in the devs todo list, dyncom wont give a hug boost like most dynarecs in other popular emus. it may be on par with curent intepreter of dolphin or pcsx2, if not a little faster.

so there is no reason to say that current hardware cant possibly run citra at full speed, all we need is the right coding. but we may have to wait a long time for that.

PS: can any arm dev pick up that small but huge task, we really dont want to kill ourselves over slow speeds.

Dyncom already has replaced the old interpreter as the default, but dyncom is still just an interpreter. It's just a slightly faster interpreter than the old one. It also has more instructions than the old interpreter, due to it being worked on more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.