Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China
@wwylele

Is it a Rule that Citra has to Compile Both MSVC and Mingw ?
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/issues/2821

same I was trying to say about this
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/compare/master...makotech222:Experimental2

memory.cpp
this don't like compiling in mingw only.

T Memory::Read(const VAddr vaddr) {

as the added Memory::
-----
Sorry I cannot replay on your topic at github.
Not related at all, and I don't deal with buggy unofficial branches.

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China
"Not one are the other" but official Citra has to compile in both formats, Microsoft visual studio 2017 and Mingw.
I guess yes since we make official releases on both compiler. Though the MinGW one (the counterpart of which is bleeding-edge) is a little bit awkward, for it is not automatically checked on the master branch

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess yes since we make official releases on both compiler. Though the MinGW one (the counterpart of which is bleeding-edge) is a little bit awkward, for it is not automatically checked on the master branch

Thanks :) , that was also the point to makotech222 too, if his branch was also one to get merged into bleeding edge it would also have to support Mingw compiling too, he says you have to stick with Microsoft visual studio 2017 compiling for his branch.

I have no issues compiling even bleeding edge with Mingw, But not checked it since you found this issue in your MinGW build fails on linking #2821 topic

Last edited by drwhojan,
Reactions: AceofZeroz

masaki88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Hello guys i have simple question. My cpu now i7 3770 4.1 and im not have full speed at some games like shin megumi tensei 4, senran kagura burst, etc. Im gonna change my cpu on i7 7700 and may i expect speed bust on my new cpu? or its not depend on cpu model?.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys i have simple question. My cpu now i7 3770 4.1 and im not have full speed at some games like shin megumi tensei 4, senran kagura burst, etc. Im gonna change my cpu on i7 7700 and may i expect speed bust on my new cpu? or its not depend on cpu model?.

lol I doubt the difference will be much ...
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-3770K/3647vs1317

Some people really seem to have way to much money to waste replacing stuff like that. Half the people I know have WAY worse CPUs and would be very happy with your old one.

masaki88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
lol I doubt the difference will be much ...
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-3770K/3647vs1317

Some people really seem to have way to much money to waste replacing stuff like that. Half the people I know have WAY worse CPUs and would be very happy with your old one.
I happy with my old cpu but, my motherboart is very old and half of usb ports and other stuff not work anymore. And i decide buy new cpu and motherboard. And i just interesting will be citra work better on new cpu or not.

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone getting past the infinite loading glitch in KI?
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/issues/2238

I tried this build

https://github.com/mailwl/citra/tree/kid

But it just hangs like the bleeding edge build does.

Also, I have a question about contributing. When you download Citra, you have to use Cmake to generate the files. Is there anything special you have to do to make a pull request, or is it straight forward? I've never tried working on an open source project before.

D

Deleted User

Is anyone getting past the infinite loading glitch in KI?
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/issues/2238

I tried this build

https://github.com/mailwl/citra/tree/kid

But it just hangs like the bleeding edge build does.

Also, I have a question about contributing. When you download Citra, you have to use Cmake to generate the files. Is there anything special you have to do to make a pull request, or is it straight forward? I've never tried working on an open source project before.
You are going to want to learn Git to contribute. Be warned that we don't accept hacks and will likely kill discontinued branches if they have not been brought back to life.

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are going to want to learn Git to contribute. Be warned that we don't accept hacks and will likely kill discontinued branches if they have not been brought back to life.
I wasn't going to resurrect the branch, I just wanted to get KI working on a build where I could modify the source code for other reasons.

It's ok though, I can just test on the main version with some other games. I know how Git works basically, but I'm confused as to what files actually go up on Git when Cmake is involved. Is Cmake used when uploading anything? As in, Cmake generates the VS project files, do you have to remake the Cmake files?

D

Deleted User

I wasn't going to resurrect the branch, I just wanted to get KI working on a build where I could modify the source code for other reasons.

It's ok though, I can just test on the main version with some other games. I know how Git works basically, but I'm confused as to what files actually go up on Git when Cmake is involved. Is Cmake used when uploading anything? As in, Cmake generates the VS project files, do you have to remake the Cmake files?
CMake has nothing to do with the upstream repository in terms of interacting with it. The git ignore will ignore your own builds and built VS/Make files. CMake is the template.

Reactions: jamieyello

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China
You can refer to https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/Typical-Git-Workflow. CMake doesn't do anything with contributing code or making PR because it is just for your local building, and these generated files (everything in the "build" folder) are automatically ignored when you commit code. You need to know much of git (not just github!), though, either the git command line or a good git GUI tool

-------

oops, didn't scroll down

Last edited by wwylele,
Reactions: jamieyello

CraftyZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, so Citra is looking pretty dope but I was wondering how feasible it would be to test romhacks with it. (I'm not really looking to play through a game, rather just to see what works as I test and fiddle around with things.) As in dump and edit my own files and then rebuild them just to test on Citra.

My big questions are
  • How would someone go about rebuilding a game's romfs.bin into a format that Citra can be cool with? (I've been seeing a multitude of different tools but wasn't sure which ones were outdated/better)
  • Is it possible to "install" B9S and Luma to the emulated 3ds, and by extension using JKSV to move saves around in Citra? Or is that done in a different way?
  • For those who have used Citra for romhacks and the like, what was your general process?

Edit: I just remembered that in terms of a tool to get romfs.bin to .3ds that 3dstool was a thing. Is this advisable?

Last edited by CraftyZero,

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China
oops, didn't scroll
Hey all, so Citra is looking pretty dope but I was wondering how feasible it would be to test romhacks with it. (I'm not really looking to play through a game, rather just to see what works as I test and fiddle around with things.) As in dump and edit my own files and then rebuild them just to test on Citra.

My big questions are
  • How would someone go about rebuilding a game's romfs.bin into a format that Citra can be cool with? (I've been seeing a multitude of different tools but wasn't sure which ones were outdated/better)
  • Is it possible to "install" B9S and Luma to the emulated 3ds, and by extension using JKSV to move saves around in Citra? Or is that done in a different way?
  • For those who have used Citra for romhacks and the like, what was your general process?

Edit: I just remembered that in terms of a tool to get romfs.bin to .3ds that 3dstool was a thing. Is this advisable?

2. B9S & Luma: impossible in near future since citra is an HLE emulator which doesn't emulate ARM9, bootrom and other system stuff; JKSV: needs to implement some functions in citra to make it work, but can be possible in near future

CraftyZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oops, didn't scroll

2. B9S & Luma: impossible in near future since citra is an HLE emulator which doesn't emulate ARM9, bootrom and other system stuff; JKSV: needs to implement some functions in citra to make it work, but can be possible in near future

Ah okay, that makes sense. However in regards to save management, is it a relatively straightforward process to move a save file from my 3ds using JK and then putting it in Citra?

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, has anyone manage to play mario luigi paper jam pass the fights?
it gets super slow then it crashes. I found a testing citra build that someone did and while it doesn't
crash in the fights it gets super slow, like 7 fps :(

I read that this game used to work in an old version, but they never mention which version was that.

Weirdly the game works fine (except for the fights) and it's showing as full playable in citra wiki.

Anyone can tell me how or point me to the version that works for that game, I will appreciate it.
Thanks!

Note: I am using latest nightly!

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This, Pokemon runs pretty much full speed for me at all times.
Id love to do some progress report videos for the Citra team like what Cemu has whenever the is a new release, but i never really know what important changes to focus on each month.
However if someone on the Citra team would be willing to help me out here that would be great. Then i could do them a great progress report video each month showing off the improvements compared to the month before.

Are you looking to get your videos onto the official citra youtube channel? Those would take a lot more work to make than just regular videos. We have no "official process" for it, but I'm guessing a process for it would look something like "Write the script -> Get the script reviewed -> Record footage showing off the issue before and after the changes -> Throw the citra video intro in front of the video -> Get the video reviewed -> bunnei puts the video on the youtube channel." Note that bunnei is VERY PARTICULAR to having everything be perfect when it comes to citra's web presence (I just got reprimanded the last progress report for merging it and not making sure the banner was perfect first) so it will take some time and patience to get accustomed, but hey, your vid would be an official citra vid (and i'm sure bunnei will let you put your name somewhere in there just like anodium gets authorship credit on the progress reports)

If you just want to make a video for your own channel to show off the changes, then I recommend following the talk on github to see what changes are being made there. Whenever you don't understand what the latest pull request is, hop onto the IRC or discord and ask, and we'll be glad to answer what its all about.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is the first time I didn't specifically mention the GUI for controller support. I've asked about this once a month for the last 6-months and now you forget what I'm talking about. Lol

Last time (couple months ago), you said you put it on hold. I was just looking for an update on it if there is any. This is the one feature I've been looking forward to more than any other.
Thanks again for all your work on Citra.

Yes, I've been (slowly) working on this. Nothing to report yet, but I wanted the UI for it to be really good, so I'm taking extra time to design and make it good. I have several other projects in citra I'm working on as well, so its not like this is going to be done any time soon. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"Not one are the other" but official Citra has to compile in both formats, Microsoft visual studio 2017 and Mingw.

No such rule right now. I've tried to make it a rule in the past, but I haven't gotten it merged into master yet. I'm going to try again soon.

makotech222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just fyi, i'm not gonna be fixing the minGW compile error, simply because it would take rewriting the whole cheat search functionality (which is needed anyway, because I wrote it pretty poorly in the first place). Just gonna have to live with compiling on msvc

Reactions: jroweboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night