Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
AWESOME WORK!

Final d2x v 7 works like dream!
Are there any improvements planned in regards to nand emulation for problem games?
( some Wiiware, Majora's Mask etc..)

Seeing the development of the beta releases of usb loader gx it seems fitting.
PS Anyone planning to contribute to the cover art for Wiiware, vc etc on the cover database? It seems there are a lot still missing.

Also having problem getting WiFi to work with Conduit 2 on full nand emulation.

norbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is there a new d2x cIOS installer featuring d2x v7? thanks
d2x cIOS Installer 3.1 supports d2x v7. Download the installer, then download d2x v7 and copy the d2x-v7-final folder and the xml file inside apps\d2x-cios-installer directory. Then, the installer will give you "d2x v7 final" as an option to install. Works fine, but the installer needs some time (about 50 seconds) to exit.

pdanpdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I think there is a problem in d2x-v7-final with partial nand emulation. If I try it in USB Loader GX(IOS 249) or Wiiflow (latest devel version of each) with a game that has no save in emulated nand, I only get a black screen. If I then start the game without partial emulation, create a save, then copy the save from real nand to emulated nand, and then use partial emulation, everything works as it should.
Is it normal/expected behaviour? Is there anything I can try? The emulated nand is a nand dump of my real nand. (4.3E)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it normal/expected behaviour? Is there anything I can try? The emulated nand is a nand dump of my real nand. (4.3E)
This shouldn't happen anymore, it was a error at first in the early alphas but in final we didn't have problems with it anymore, davebaol fixed pretty much all games.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This shouldn't happen anymore, it was a error at first in the early alphas but in final we didn't have problems with it anymore, davebaol fixed pretty much all games.

Nope I still have this problem too. Posted in on the usbgx google page as I thought this was USB loader related.
Not with all games though, only a few like Zelda SS.

Also posted about the ios reload bug present in d2xv7 final wich will be fixed in the next beta of d2x.
This bug happens randomly and is present in later beta's of usb loader gx.
If you want to use the ios reloading as it is better not use a beta of usb loader gx untill d2x has this bugfix.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
d2x v8 beta r40 is out

http://code.google.c...rce/detail?r=40

Note that due to new stealth mode the loaders must be updated to make "return to channel" work. Last usbloader gx beta has been already updated.
Also stealth mode makes the cios invisible to games, however tintin and driver don't seem to perform cios detection.

Cool! And superfast!
Will install asap.

Thank you.

Winhacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d2x v8 beta r40 is out

Note that due to new stealth mode the loaders must be updated to make "return to channel" work. Last usbloader gx beta has been already updated.
Also stealth mode makes the cios invisible to games, however tintin and driver don't seem to perform cios detection.

Cool! And superfast!
Will install asap.

Thank you.

d2x v8 beta r40 is out

i didnt make it to download it... zip says error...

can you please upload it to mediafire (if its decompression works...)

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
D2X v8 beta + r1141 UsbLoader GX

Block IOS Reload is not working
Tested Metroid Prime 3 on the trilogy disk, slot 249/base 56 (game settings block ios reload on, anti 002 fix on, sneak video and disc patch enabled)

This worked with D2X v7 and 1133 last i checked.

Workaround
set block ios reload to auto/global/on in game settings and IOS to slot 250 and all 3 games boot fine

edit

D2Xv7 and r1139(base 249/56)
block ios reload = on
anti 002 fix = on
sneak video = on
disc patch = on

Metroid Prime 3 on the trilogy disks boots fine

D2Xv8b and r1141(base 249/56)
block ios reload = on
anti 002 fix = on
sneak video = on
disc patch = on

Metroid Prime 3 on the trilogy disks dumps back to home channel (or whatever is set in Return to)

block ios reload = Global (auto)
IOS slot = 250 (base 57) (v8)
anti 002 fix = on
sneak video = on
disc patch = on

or

block ios reload = on
IOS slot = 250 (base 57) (v8)
anti 002 fix = on
sneak video = on
disc patch = on

Metroid Prime 3 on the trilogy disk boots

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
d2x v8 beta r40 is out

Cool! And superfast!
Will install asap.

Thank you.

d2x v8 beta r40 is out

can you please upload it to mediafire (if its decompression works...)

Try redownloading had no problems at all on this side.

I think ios reloading is broken for usbloader gx in combination with beta v8.
Also "return to channel" isn't working properly.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well ios reload block in v7 has always worked properly with all loaders.
It stopped working with gx since a certain (unfortunately unknown) revision, so this makes me believe that this is a gx issue.
Please test ios reload block with another loader.
Also you should try to find which gx revision stopped working for you.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It stopped working with gx since a certain (unfortunately unknown) revision, so this makes me believe that this is a gx issue.

The game needs an ios reload before the game start apparently.
So basicly the global settings for used IOS slot have to differ from the games specific used IOS slot.

If global is set to 249, the game needs to set to 250 in order to block the IOS reload. or vice versa.
So I think this is USBGX isseu.

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia

So basicly the global settings for used IOS slot have to differ from the games specific used IOS slot.

If global is set to 249, the game needs to set to 250 in order to block the IOS reload. or vice versa.

i was able to boot the game with both global and game set to 249

im of the thought its a USBGX issue now as well.

edit.

ignore that, i must have been still using base 57/250 as the global.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Edit: Read the post wrong, nvm.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

change it from .zip to .7z and it will work.

If anyone is looking to compile this from source, I updated devkitpro and it produced a completely different set of binaries that didn't work at all (they lock up the arm and the drive or wiimote are not detected). I reverted back to one from april and it works.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If anyone is looking to compile this from source, I updated devkitpro and it produced a completely different set of binaries that didn't work at all (they lock up the arm and the drive or wiimote are not detected). I reverted back to one from april and it works.
If you wanna compile it then follow the how_to_compile in the wiki. Otherwise it will result in this error, because d2x is only compatible with devkitarm r32.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you wanna compile it then follow the how_to_compile in the wiki. Otherwise it will result in this error, because d2x is only compatible with devkitarm r32.
Well, even sneek is only compatible with devkitarm r32.
And since d2x and sneek are the 2 main arm apps, it sounds like a devkitarm issue. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVMvART9kb8