Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Etheboss said:
davebaol said:
dexter222 said:
While you're fixing the limitations of FAT can you add support for the new 4k sector size drives?
smile.gif
Sorry, I haven't such a drive.
I don't think you need to, read this: http://gbatemp.net/t204106-wiiflow-an-open...t&p=3615798
Well, I can try to add support for those new drives but I can't test it myself.
Also, Mighty Channels has its own fat implementation for loading config files, covers, banner sound, etcetera... and I believe it doesn't support 4k sector size.
So I should implement a simple app to let you test that feature.
Let me know if you have such a drive and you're willing to test.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance we could get a non ModMii based install solution? I don't have access to any windows computers at the minute, and want to update my cIOS. Could we get a normal PatchMii based installer, or would you have any objections to somebody making one?

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Supercool330 said:
Any chance we could get a non ModMii based install solution? I don't have access to any windows computers at the minute, and want to update my cIOS. Could we get a normal PatchMii based installer, or would you have any objections to somebody making one?
Definitely no objection.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
davebaol said:
Supercool330 said:
Definitely no objection.
FYI, I've been approached by someone (who will remain nameless for now) who is working on an official d2x cIOS Installer to run on the Wii. I've helped him as much as I can at the moment by answering some of his questions, so we'll see what becomes of this project
biggrin.gif

I'll also mention here that the next ModMii update will support d2x cIOSs (and rev 21 cIOSs) with base IOS53 and base IOS55

@davebaol, if u got any questions about either of the above 2 announcements send me a PM
biggrin.gif
I think it will only affect you by having to add another 2 lines to your d2x-beta.bat file for the md5 for the v4 beta d2x cIOSs with base53 and base55

youngrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
davebaol said:
Supercool330 said:
Definitely no objection.
FYI, I've been approached by someone (who will remain nameless for now) who is working on an official d2x cIOS Installer to run on the Wii. I've helped him as much as I can at the moment by answering some of his questions, so we'll see what becomes of this project
biggrin.gif

I'll also mention here that the next ModMii update will support d2x cIOSs (and rev 21 cIOSs) with base IOS53 and base IOS55

@davebaol, if u got any questions about either of the above 2 announcements send me a PM
biggrin.gif
I think it will only affect you by having to add another 2 lines to your d2x-beta.bat file for the md5 for the v4 beta d2x cIOSs with base53 and base55

do you know if by any chance if the new rev 21 using port 1 will support base 57 instead of base 58?

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As with all cIOS, and IOS for that matter, it is up to the homebrew (or program in general) to select what version of IOS to reload into. Some stuff doesn't reload IOS, in which case it just uses the same IOS version as whatever loaded it. cIOS is most commonly used with backup loaders or nand emulators, in which case the software is already set up to use cIOS, and probably wont run at all if the proper cIOS isn't installed. Some programs allow you to select which IOS they should use, in which case you can simply select 249 to ensure that this cIOS is used.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Definitely no objection.FYI, I've been approached by someone (who will remain nameless for now) who is working on an official d2x cIOS Installer to run on the Wii. I've helped him as much as I can at the moment by answering some of his questions, so we'll see what becomes of this project
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

This is good news - thanks for the update xflak. Quick question - do the d2x cIOS with base 53 and 55 improve compatibility with some things, or has this not been tested yet?

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
Someone reported d2x v4beta1 breaks the dvd dump feature through usbloader cfg and gx.
Can anybody check?
I do have d2xv4beta1 and I was able to dump SSBB through CFG, successfully. I could play the backup with both CFG and USB, but wit verify gives errors with that dump.

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
Hmmm, and if you use d2x v3 or waninkoko's rev21 does wit verify succeed?
No, I didn't mean that. I am just happy that backup is working even though wit verify gives errors. I did have two other SSBB .iso's, one is ~7.3GB, which worked with GX 2.0, but stop working after updating to GX 2.1. I am not sure what version of CIOS's I had at that time (with Gx 2.0), must have been rev17. They both gave errors with wit verify. I got my SSBB retail disk recently. I know, I am not much of a help.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cIOSX d2x v4beta4

Here is a new beta before starting to investigate ios reloading and usb support.
biggrin.gif

Changelog:
QUOTE said:
  • v4beta4
    • ES - Added "return to channel" feature compatible with all games out there, included problematic ones like PoP.
    • FAT - Added support for sector size up to 4K (typically needed for HDD greater than 2T).
  • v4beta3
    • ES - Fixed error 002 in method 2 for blocking ios reload.
    • ES - Repeated ios reload are now supported by method 2.
    • ES - Added support to reload any ios, not only 249.
  • v4beta2
    • FAT - Fixed a bug in FAT_GetStats. Now games like Max & the Magic Marker, FFCC My Life as a King and FFCC My Life as a Darklord are working properly.
    • FAT - Fixed the error code returned by FAT_Readdir when the requested folder is an existing file. Now all Strong Bad episodes are working properly.
    • FAT - Fixed a bug in FAT_Seek to prevent from increasing the file size when seeking out of the file.
    • FAT - Changed timing logic
    • Other minor changes.
  • v4beta1
    • EHCI - Fixed a bug to support HDD greater than 1TB
    • FAT - Updated FatFs from 0.8 to 0.8b
    • FAT - Fixed a potential buffer overflow while reading a directory
    • FAT - Changes due to the fix for huge HDD made in EHCI module
    • FFS - Removed workaround on file renaming since the issue has been fixed by updating FatFs into the FAT module
    • Other minor changes.

How to integrate the "return to channel" feature

This is a clean solution and is compatible with all games out there, included problematic ones like Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands.
To enable this feature the loader should call a custom es ioctlv specifying the title id to be launched in place of the system menu.
Usb loader developers can easily integrate this feature with few lines of code inside the apploader.
Here is a code snippet:
CODEÂÂÂÂstatic u64 sm_title_idÂÂATTRIBUTE_ALIGN(32);

ÂÂÂÂsm_title_id = ..... // title id to be launched in place of the system menu
ÂÂÂÂvector[0].data = &sm_title_id;
ÂÂÂÂvector[0].len = 8;

ÂÂÂÂint ret = IOS_Ioctlv(es_fd, 0xA1, 1, 0, vector);
ÂÂÂÂif (ret==-101) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// feature not supported by the current cios
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// apply here the old "return to channel" method
ÂÂÂÂ}

Note that the command 0xA1 is unknown by all other cios that would return -101, namely EINVAL.
In this case you should apply the old "return to channel" method.

How to build and install cIOS d2x

Now the install process is even simpler due to ModMii's new d2x beta support.
Also, only actually invalid files will be reported after downloading.
[*]Download and install ModMii v4.5.4 or higher[*]Download d2x v4beta4 from mirror 1 or mirror 2[*]Unpack the folder "d2x-beta" inside ModMii's folder named "modules"[*]Launch ModMii[*]Enter "I Agree"[*]Enter "4" to navigate to Download Page 4[*]Add to the download queue all the d2x wads you need, for example "249d2x56" and "250d2x57"[*]Enter "D" to download selected files[*]Enter "Y" to start downloading[*]Install the wad files with a Wad Manager[*]You're done! Please test and report
yaywii.gif

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys is there any reason to update from v4beta2 to v4beta4?? I know v4beta3 was an update
that had addressed something with the disc loaders. I just like to keep up to date with the updates
when I can and was just wondering if it would be okay/recommended to update from v4beta2 to v4beta4. Any info on this would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch in advance and thanks to all involved
in modmii, mighty channels and cIOSX d2x.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle