Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
Omega191 said:
Still no source? I think I've waited a reasonable amount of time. If you are not going to comply with the license, I'm going to have to request a takedown.
I know I'm late.
As promised about 1 month ago I'll release the source with v4 final. And it's almost done.
So please wait a few more days, let's say till the week end.
If you can't wait, no problem, do what you think is the right thing.

Here we go again. Same old shit. I know, why don't we piss off all the decent developers and anyone else because of someone who's got their foot too far up their own ass??

Why don't you care anyway? Is it harming you personally or your life? Are you losing money because you keep the source? Is it your job to make sure all source code is not published?

Live and let live and stop bitching about it.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
There are slight changes to the wording in the post that Omega put up, and an added quote. He's just proving that 2 can play this game and he can use what someone else has said for basically the same thing.

But at this point, I almost do have to agree with him....almost. He has asked a while ago. He's been getting blown off. And as more and more stuff gets released without the src, he still hasn't gotten the source to the cIOS like he asked. He does have all rights to ask for it if anything has been publicly released.

Personally, if I was davebol then I would make it be my first thing to release the source just for the fact that he can get people off his back.

I hate being the devil's advocate, but this is one instance where he has been patient and has not gotten the project taken down yet. Nobody wants to see that happen.

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak said:
d2x cIOS Installer v1

d2xciosinstallericon.png
Thanks a lot XFlak, this was really missing... and thanks to davebaol for developing d2x cIOS...

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Omega191 said:
You carefully choose who to defend, eh, XFlak?
If you are saying that bc I responded to this fiasco, well even though I don't particularly like you, it does not mean that I can't see when you are right about something. And I'm sure that XFlak does understand that I'm trying to be neutral and not be biased. I know he would not be biased if he knew that I was in the wrong.

But yeah, I was probably better off not involving myself.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Omega191 said:
You carefully choose who to defend, eh, XFlak?
Meh, dave's working on something to benefit us all, of course I'm gonna defend him, especially when one of the x's in d2x stands for "XFlak"... what did u expect?
Anyways, do w/e u gotta do, report it if u want, I'm willing to bet the mods will give dave the time he's asked for to make the sources available... and if not, there are other sites out there that could easily be made into the new home of d2x cIOS development even without sources (not a threat to gbatemp, just saying).... so whatever u do isn't gonna accomplish anything. Even if the d2x thread gets taken down cuz of lack of available sources, dave can just open another thread on gbatemp and share the binaries but this time with the sources when he's good and ready to do so. So really, this whole conversation is a waste of time.

Don't get me wrong, if I had the source, it would be uploaded right now so none of us have to deal with this shit. But still, this convo is accomplishing nothing. If u want to report this thread now, go ahead, if u want to wait until after the weekend, great. But either way I don't think anyone wants to hear about it. Anyways, I hope one day we get to see you make a real contribution to this thread instead of only asking for sourcecode... u know, there's nothing wrong for an awesome dev to do beta testing like any other normal user... just saying, maybe you should consider it. I know that if I saw you make the occasional helpful post I wouldn't be so quick to rant when I see you complaining about something, and I wouldn't be surprised if others share that opinion.

edit: I edited my above post cuz at first I thought u had mistakenly reposted icw35's post word for word

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss said:
Pfff, people should lighten up, this is all done pro bono...

That is all i am going to say..apart from who is right and who is wrong.
Yes, it's all done pro bono...with the sole requirement that you abide by the license. Oh wait, you don't care about the work of those people do you?

It basically takes more effort to NOT comply with the license than it takes to comply. How many more projects with source promised "coming soon" are going to die with source never being released before people wise up to things?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Oh boy, the GPL police struck again. It's so silly to request a source that would immediately end up in the digital trash can of the persons who have requested it.

@davebaol: Just give this arrogant omega kid the source so that he finally shuts up and continue playing his ISOz with warez launchers in peace and nobody have to listen to his hypocritic talk again. Or better, dont give him the source and lets find out, what the wannabe-dev can do about it. This should be fun.

turbotronic

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiBricker said:
Oh boy, the GPL police struck again. It's so silly to request a source that would immediately end up in the digital trash can of the persons who have requested it.

@davebaol: Just give this arrogant omega kid the source so that he finally shuts up and continue playing his ISOz with warez launchers in peace and nobody have to listen to his hypocritic talk again. Or better, dont give him the source and lets find out, what the wannabe-dev can do about it. This should be fun.

^
this

its the same shit like last year with uniiloader.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States

Ok folks. Everyone should just relax on this. Daveboal has said he will release it on Monday, and it seems like Omega is willing to give him that.

As far as Omega himself being a dev and what he has done, all I know is that he provided something that almost every wii app uses now, but I'm not sure what. Omega does have the right to ask for sources and even demand it at that exact moment or have the app taken down. That is how GPL works. Even if Omega never even ganders at it, he does have the right to ask for it and get it when he asks.

I can bitch and complain about marijuana being illegal all I want, but the fact is that it is still illegal (where I live at least) and I don't have any choice but to abide by the law or to get punished for going against the law. We can hate Omega's intentions, whatever they may be, but we still have to abide by the GPL unless a dev wants to make something from the ground up himself and keep the sources like how TT was able to do.

Let's keep the hate down. Omega's being kind enough to give daveboal a few days to get everything straight.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
madri1 said:
now pimp my wii can install d2x too :
http://www.wii-info.fr/news-2440-pimp-my-w...-facilement.htm

You better release the source or a certain someone will request you to remove the app from your site
rolleyes.gif

DeadlyFoezAs far as Omega himself being a dev and what he has done, all I know is that he provided something that almost every wii app uses now, but I'm not sure what.

Hm...you sure cIOS Installers and most wii applications use Wii.py? I dont think so.

Besides, these are the devs of Wii.py: Xuzz, SquidMan, megazig, Omega, Matt_P and The Lemon Man

I bet the bold ones are the main devs of this library.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Remfin said:
Etheboss said:
Pfff, people should lighten up, this is all done pro bono...

That is all i am going to say..apart from who is right and who is wrong.
Yes, it's all done pro bono...with the sole requirement that you abide by the license. Oh wait, you don't care about the work of those people do you?

It basically takes more effort to NOT comply with the license than it takes to comply. How many more projects with source promised "coming soon" are going to die with source never being released before people wise up to things?
I agree totally and i do care, but the reactions are way of the scale as far as i am concerned.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Fox888
Hmmm, now I'm rather confused.
unsure.gif

What you say seems to disagree with what is said in this post.

So just to be sure I've understood it correctly. Does wiiflow work properly with d2x v4beta4 if you only change v21004 to v21?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?