Hacking cIOSX rev21: controller lag [FIXED!]

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tested.

Wiiflow always syncing on loading screen (as it should)
Still no lag at games

I think it is fine
smile.gif

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Very good.

@XFlak
To be honest I don't like ModMii-4.4.6D-BETA changelog.
Actually we worked in team, so we are coauthors.
For the next release just use a version number like LagFix3 and mention both authors.
Thanks

@everyone
Download and test last fix from here

RPG_Lover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried the last ModMii 4.4.6D beta. Used the cIOS21 base 56 with lagfix, and my WD drive that did lag under the initial Waninkoko release works fine now. Thank you all for collaborating and determining a solution to this lag problem. I appreciate it!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
davebaol said:
@XFlak
To be honest I don't like ModMii-4.4.6D-BETA changelog.
Actually we worked in team, so we are coauthors.
For the next release just use a version number like LagFix3 and mention both authors.
Thanks
sorry about that, at the time I didn't realize u 2 were working together

I've edited the last unofficial changelog to read "The only difference between this (ModMii 4.4.6D-Beta) and 4.4.6C-Beta is that it includes daveboal/xabby666/waninkoko's rev21 EHCI lagfix2 mod instead of lagfix1."

and I'll include similar language in future updates

keep up the great work you guys!

edit:
btw, once this is all finalized, I propose we call these fixed rev21 cIOSs... rev21B cIOSs

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you very much, XFlak.
happy.gif

And I agree about rev21B, good idea.
cool.gif

jesquinas said:
davebaol said:
Oh, fotgot to mention the use of os_restart_timer was very buggy.
In usbstorage.c there was this line
QUOTE said:
os_restart_timer(1000000, 10000000);
That's obviously meaningless since the 1st argument should be the timerId which is always generated by calling os_create_timer so it cannot be a constant known at compile time.
And therefore os_restart_timer returns error almost sure.

Greetings.
Yes of course, on error that syscall returns a value lesser than 0.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'll go play Rock Band 3 with this last fix for awhile and see how I go. I like to play for a long period of time to really test it. Will report soon.

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think that is can be the final word on this fix. Me and Dave Have work together, we have reasoned together about a possible fix and the three release are sons of a team work. And thanks to all beta testers, I had no problem with lag or wiimote synchronization, and i've made this for fun.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for all your efforts guys!

Played Rock Band 3 for almost 3 hours and no lag whatsoever with the latest fix. Perfect.

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
btw, once this is all finalized, I propose we call these fixed rev21 cIOSs... rev21B cIOSs

I dont think that it was a good idea because ,possibly,it will be the official name that waninkoko will use when he is going to patch its buggy cIOS rev.21.

Greetings.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, he will pack everything in his own installer and maybe will add more code and features.
So his release will be a rev21C or rev22.

netspy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done some more tests (cIOS249[56]-v21[LagFix] with the latest EHCI fixed version), I'm still encountering random lags with Guitar Hero : Warriors of Rock (but it may not be the same problem as the controller lag issue).
I've tried to record a video of a lag occuring (It was quite hard to play since when I'm recording video, I don't hear the sound), here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/?aaq98dd7gz62b7m (at 0'10, the image is shortly freezing).

Lags seems to be totally random (could not happen, or happen once or twice in a song).

EDIT : Also occurs with cIOS249[56]-v21[EHCI-v19].

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you sure it's lag and not you?
Watching your video at speed 0.25x with VLC it seems to me you've just pressed the yellow key a bit later.
In fact the couple of notes immediately after that are yellow and red but only the yellow one fires.

netspy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've indeed missed some notes (when I plug the Wii behind the DVD recorder, the calibration is not really accurate and I can't hear the sound, that's why it's hard not to miss some notes
smile.gif
). But if you look carefully, the picture seems to be shortly freezing (focus on the grey background, it's easier to see it this way).

sock99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
netspy said:
I've done some more tests (cIOS249[56]-v21[LagFix] with the latest EHCI fixed version), I'm still encountering random lags with Guitar Hero : Warriors of Rock (but it may not be the same problem as the controller lag issue).
I've tried to record a video of a lag occuring (It was quite hard to play since when I'm recording video, I don't hear the sound), here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/?aaq98dd7gz62b7m (at 0'10, the image is shortly freezing).

Lags seems to be totally random (could not happen, or happen once or twice in a song).

EDIT : Also occurs with cIOS249[56]-v21[EHCI-v19].

I've only played 5 mins or so but no problems with GH6 or RB3 - all stutters have gone with this latest release -cIOS249[56]-v21[LagFix]
yaywii.gif

Many thanks again davebaol, xabby666 & xflak for your time, cooperation & hard work
bow.gif
and not forgetting netspy who started and ran with this topic
smileipb2.png

Btw has anyone tried contacting Wanin thru Twitter?

netspy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@sock99 : if you've already seen the same issue as me with your configuration, maybe you did'nt play enough time to see it. Because I also had this problem with the latest release.

Anyway, the latest davebaol/xabby666 fixed version still seems to be the best one.

sock99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
netspy said:
@sock99 : if you've already seen the same issue as me with your configuration, maybe you did'nt play enough time to see it. Because I also had this problem with the latest release.
Yep, I'll take an extended jamming session this afternoon & report back.

Offtopic: For future tweaks it'd be great if someone could sort out the problem of not being able to reconnect to the RB dongle in the 2nd USB port when I unplug & replug (which works in Hermes 223/37) & which I have to do because of a problem related to my Talismoon guitar not connecting properly on program startup. However, I can play RB3 with the guitar set to GH (using the Wiimote connection) but I lose the echo/flanger etc functions.

T

TheRealVisitor

The latest lagfix was good. I can not say which one of the 3 lagfixes is the best because all worked fine for me with the games I tested.

Since everybody says the third one is the best one it should be integrated into next official ModMii release.
When talking about naming it I think rev21B is not the best choice as it implies that Wanin fixed the lags.
We should find a new title for that, maybe:

cIOSXrev21com for "community version" or
cIOSXrev21fix for "fixed version" or
cIOSXrev21gbatemp for "GBATemp edition"or
cIOSXrev21dx for "davebaol/xabby666 version"

kamiro04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've been playing this days with the different lagfix versions and they work perfect, almost 80 games tested with an hour or two of gameplay and no lag, thank you for your great work!
When the final release is done, I'll post the hashes in the CFG forum so it can be included (and properly recognized) in the next release.

TheRealVisitor said:
Since everybody says the third one is the best one it should be integrated into next official ModMii release.
When talking about naming it I think rev21B is not the best choice as it implies that Wanin fixed the lags.
We should find a new title for that, maybe:

cIOSXrev21com for "community version" or
cIOSXrev21fix for "fixed version" or
cIOSXrev21gbatemp for "GBATemp edition"or
cIOSXrev21dx for "davebaol/xabby666 version"
Totally agree! I vote for rev21dx, its a little recognition to the work of davebaol and xabby666... and it sounds cool!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: