Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
netspy said:
@sock99 : if you've already seen the same issue as me with your configuration, maybe you did'nt play enough time to see it. Because I also had this problem with the latest release.

@netspy No problems with RB3 & GH World Tour & then when I came to GH6 & played Burn it stuttered every 30 secs or so. However, I unplugged my Wi-fi & restarted the Wii and played the same track with no problems. So can you try with disconnecting your wi-fi & see if it's any better?
unsure.gif

@TheRealVisitor +1 for rev21dx
biggrin.gif

It will remind me of ze butifool Citroen DX

T

TheRealVisitor

davebaol said:
Ok for rev21dx, it sounds really cool!!!

This one was my favorite too.

So Xflak what do you think? Both coders (davebaol & xabby666) like it.

netspy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sock99 said:
@netspy No problems with RB3 & GH World Tour & then when I came to GH6 & played Burn it stuttered every 30 secs or so. However, I unplugged my Wi-fi & restarted the Wii and played the same track with no problems. So can you try with disconnecting your wi-fi & see if it's any better?
unsure.gif

I played the same track I'm used to play to do my tests, and it seems that you're totally right !
I unplugged my LAN Adapter, and these small freezes disappeared. Thanks a lot !

rev21dx seems to be a good idea ! Davebaol and xabby666 have done a great job.
And since the controller lag issue seems to be fixed, I'd also like to thank Lacius, BBogey, oggzee and XFlak (and other people that have done some tests and reports), they were really helpful on the way to find the solution.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Perfect, so it seems everything is working for everyone.
We can tag the last release as rev21dx final.
Tomorrow I'll release the source with changelog.
Thanks to everybody who helped us make this possible.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
TheRealVisitor said:
davebaol said:
Ok for rev21dx, it sounds really cool!!!

This one was my favorite too.

So Xflak what do you think? Both coders (davebaol & xabby666) like it.
rev21dx sounds good to me!

Honestly, its hard to believe this all started because davebaol casually posted the rev21 ehci module was messed up and I suggested replacing it with the module from rev19! This little project has come a long way, and I'm proud to have played a small part in it. Everyone came together and truly put in a community effort, great job you guys!

I think cIOS249v21dx[56] and cIOS250v21dx[57] are going to be ModMii's recommended cIOSs in the next official release (replacing cIOS249v20[56] and cIOS250v20[57]) unless there are any objections. In the meantime, I'll try to put out another beta update that builds the final rev21dx cIOSs.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also again from me thanx to all the people that helped in this project...

@Xflak, i don't think anybody is going to object this.

Only 1 question though, do you keep this topic alive for people who still have ciosx rev 21 problems or questions?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Etheboss said:
Also again from me thanx to all the people that helped in this project...

@Xflak, i don't think anybody is going to object this.

Only 1 question though, do you keep this topic alive for people who still have ciosx rev 21 problems or questions?

Wouldn't it be a better idea to start a new topic ? The title of this one refers to rev20.
It's that I accidently clicked the wrong topic or else I would never have known about this great stuff...

Alot of people might miss this.

Just my 2 cents...

netspy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@WalkerOfTheDay: there already is this topic about ciosX rev21.

It would be great to rename the current topic to "cIOSX rev21: controller lag fix", but only a moderator or an administrator can rename it (if one of them is reading, could you please do that ?).
Anyway, I'll update the first post as usual when the beta version of ModMii that builds the final cIOSX rev21dx will be out.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I was also thinking they should be the ones to decide... for now I'm building the next beta using dx and not dxx (cuz I don't want to be a douche and presume anything)... personally, I think dx sounds better, but dxx is sweet cuz then I get credit too, lol. So really, I truly am indifferent

ZeroResist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
I was also thinking they should be the ones to decide... for now I'm building the next beta using dx and not dxx (cuz I don't want to be a douche and presume anything)... personally, I think dx sounds better, but dxx is sweet cuz then I get credit too, lol. So really, I truly am indifferent

I'm sure either would be fine with both Dave and Xabby. You all contributed to something that has turned into a major improvement, and that's probably an understatement. The lag problem was a issue that only some experienced, but you all still put forth the effort.

I don't think I could put into words how grateful I am for this fix. Thank you all very much.

T

TheRealVisitor

I think dx sounds better and Xflaks "x" is already a part of dx. I don't know if all Wiibrew/Wadmangers can handle symbols but another naming idea of me is cIOSXrev21dx².

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
TheRealVisitor said:
I think dx sounds better and Xflaks "x" is already a part of dx. I don't know if all Wiibrew/Wadmangers can handle symbols but another naming idea of me is cIOSXrev21dx².
or maybe cIOSXrev21d2x??

@davebaol and xabby, I'm hoping to have this cIOS included in an official (non-beta) ModMii release, so let me know your thoughts on the name soon plz so I can put the final touches to it and release it
biggrin.gif

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
TheRealVisitor said:
or maybe cIOSXrev21d2x??

@davebaol and xabby, I'm hoping to have this cIOS included in an official (non-beta) ModMii release, so let me know your thoughts on the name soon plz so I can put the final touches to it and release it
biggrin.gif
Owww, i like that one, sounds great D2X...this one has my vote..

T

TheRealVisitor

@Xflak:

When you add the new Lagfix, could you add it for both slots 249 and 250. Only bases 56 and 57 are important, but for completeness I drawn them all like in the "original" v21. I used "dx" for that at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.