Hacking Cios38 rev17 vs 14? And neogamma too...

Rico007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greetings once again. I'm using NeoGamma R7 with cIOS38 rev 14. I heard there is already a rev 17, perhaps even a newer one. I'm just wondering, shall I make the switch? And what is the latest Neogamma? Shall I switch it as well? I'm a disk loader (I don't really mind the lagging videos), and I want to achieve as much compatibility as possible. So far the following games have not worked for me... Neogamma seems to recognize the game ID, but just won't boot them.

Mario Super Sluggers
FF Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Baroque
Phantom Brave: We Meet again
and some other here and there...

Do I need a specific IOS to play those games?

This n00b thanks you in advance ^^

Edit: I also don't have internet where the WII is at, so if I am to install anthing, it needs to be Wad install...

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ciosx rev 18 and cios rev19 are the newest. use the search button for more info. 18 is a little glitchy and i would recommend 19 over it.

If you had a net connection, you could use drop-mii v12 to see witch ios from nintendo are out of date and update them.

Rico007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I searched for cios38 rev19 here and on google. Didn't really get much.

I downloaded neoGamma r9 beta8 from a thread here (beta 9 was offline), to see if it help with compatibility.

Is it possible to ask where can i find it that it's trust worthy (since google gives me sites like filepump and such) and some instructions?

I just found a thread on wiihacks that have some... but I have to register to see links, guess I will.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd get r17. It's the stablest one I've used. r14 is outdated.

r19 gave me all sorts of headaches. If you plan to use it, be sure install it with base 38. Unfixed wad managers and quite a few other apps don't like base 57. Also, apparently not all HDDs work either on base 57 (have one
frown.gif
).

@chartube12: Love your signature. Can't agree more that MHT is over-hyped.

Rico007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you guys (and girls if any of you are)

I found it, downloaded it, and when i go home later I will try it out. I shall try installing 19 with base 38 because as I hear it, it's more stable. And since it's to play disk backups, let's see how it goes. I shall update when I get back.

Rico007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I installed ciosx 38 rev 19 and Neogamma r9 beta 8, to no avail because my games that didn't work before, still don't work... But hey, at least i didn't brick!!!! ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bugspanker 2000.