Hacking Cios13b = Wii can't find any usb drives?

tissemikkel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have this annoying problem.

Wii: 3.2EU
Cios currently: Cios9 (With USB2 extra)

Right now i have Cios9 and heard there was this new better version, so i decided to install it, and i did perfectly without any problems. After I installed it none of my USB loaders can't see my USB Drive?!
mad.gif
blink.gif

I am using this usb loader: SDUSB-Loader_cfg34

What have i done wrong?
wacko.gif

Please help!

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had similar problems with 13b not seeing my SDHC cards. Update to 4.0 hacked system menu and downgrade to 13a then back to 13b. Also I'd use a 13brev USB loader, you can download it from various web sites.

Wynd

tissemikkel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kLiNiKaL said:
rev13 a or b is awful dude, goto rev12 it works nicely.

Somehow the Cios rev12 doesn't work either?

Update: Do i have to use a Cios uninstaller before installing the new one, or can i just update from rev9 to rev12/13?

iceache

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tissemikkel said:
kLiNiKaL said:

Update: Do i have to use a Cios uninstaller before installing the new one, or can i just update from rev9 to rev12/13?

Rev 13 only recognizes the bottom or "Right" port if your wii is standing.

tissemikkel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
iceache said:
tissemikkel said:
kLiNiKaL said:

Rev 13 only recognizes the bottom or "Right" port if your wii is standing.

Hmm, then i should try both USB Ports when i install it again.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
I had the same problem when I updated to cIOS rev13a. Looking at the back of the console, I was using the lest side USB, then I switched it to the right side USB and everything works fine.

(Apart from the known bug with cIOS rev13, where you have to have reset the Wii between games.)

tissemikkel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ConJ said:
I had the same problem when I updated to cIOS rev13a. Looking at the back of the console, I was using the lest side USB, then I switched it to the right side USB and everything works fine.

(Apart from the known bug with cIOS rev13, where you have to have reset the Wii between games.)

I Usually turn off my wii after playing a game before playing the next game. So that doesn't affect me much.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
it seems to me like 249 has gotten progessively worse lately lol

i use 222/223 mainly, i'll use 249 if i have to troubleshoot a new game only.

222/223 + USBLoaderGX = Win Win
biggrin.gif

tissemikkel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kLiNiKaL said:
it seems to me like 249 has gotten progessively worse lately lol

i use 222/223 mainly, i'll use 249 if i have to troubleshoot a new game only.

222/223 + USBLoaderGX = Win Win
biggrin.gif

How do i switch between them?
smile.gif

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
just install both, you will find Hermes cIOS if you google around

and you can select your default IOS in the Game Load settings of GX and also you can set individual settings for each game.

alternatively use uLoader made by Hermes, its not that pretty, but its JUST WORKS.

tissemikkel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kLiNiKaL said:

and you can select your default IOS in the Game Load settings of GX and also you can set individual settings for each game.

alternatively use uLoader made by Hermes, its not that pretty, but its JUST WORKS.

Awesome! It works great now!
biggrin.gif

But i can't still play Mortal Kombat Armageddon
mad.gif

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install a USB loader on my LU64 V4U Wii.

I've tried Configurable USB, CoverFloader and USB Loader GX, none of them will see the USB Drive.

I've tried both USB ports, still nothing.

I've tried a raw unformulated drive, a FAT32 drive and a WBFS formatted drive done thru WBFS Manager on my PC.

I've tried a WD 500GB MyBook (which is on the compatibility list I saw somewhere) and a USB jump drive.

Do the USB ports need to be activated or something?

I'm pretty sure the ports work, I'm using one of them to charge my rechargeable Wiimotes.

I know both of the drives I tried work, because I use them all the time.

I tried cIOS 222 and Uloader (by Hermes).

cIOS 222 seemed to install properly, but Uloader just hangs on a black screen when I try to install it.

I don't have everything in front of me, but during the installation of cIOS 22 (I think) it asked if I wanted to attach it to 249 or something like that, I wasn't sure about that step, but since that was the default it's the on I went with.

Was this wrong?

Any ideas or suggestions?
cry.gif

Thanks;

Steve

iceache

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tissemikkel said:
kLiNiKaL said:

Awesome! It works great now!
biggrin.gif

But i can't still play Mortal Kombat Armageddon
mad.gif

To get Mortal Kombat to work, you need to extract the MK7.dol and rename it theres a guide somewhere...

http://www.wiihacks.com/software-backup-lo...at-usb-fix.html

There we go.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sacohen9665 said:
I'm trying to install a USB loader on my LU64 V4U Wii.

I've tried Configurable USB, CoverFloader and USB Loader GX, none of them will see the USB Drive.

I've tried both USB ports, still nothing.

I've tried a raw unformulated drive, a FAT32 drive and a WBFS formatted drive done thru WBFS Manager on my PC.

I've tried a WD 500GB MyBook (which is on the compatibility list I saw somewhere) and a USB jump drive.

Do the USB ports need to be activated or something?

I'm pretty sure the ports work, I'm using one of them to charge my rechargeable Wiimotes.

I know both of the drives I tried work, because I use them all the time.

I tried cIOS 222 and Uloader (by Hermes).

cIOS 222 seemed to install properly, but Uloader just hangs on a black screen when I try to install it.

I don't have everything in front of me, but during the installation of cIOS 22 (I think) it asked if I wanted to attach it to 249 or something like that, I wasn't sure about that step, but since that was the default it's the on I went with.

Was this wrong?

Any ideas or suggestions?
cry.gif

Thanks;

Steve

ULoader doesn't get installed, you just put the boot.dol in your SD and load it with the HBC (or a Forwarder Channel), try other cIOS, like r9/r10, the installer of hermes's cIOS ask if you want to use IOS249 (a cIOS) to hang from to be able to install, if you don't have a cIOS (IOS249) previously installed, forget about install anything else, you need THIS GUIDE

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have cIOS (IOS249) installed, I believe I did it when I installed Homebrew.

The guide you pointed me to will not work because I have an LU64 SN Wii and the guide specificaly says in big red letters They should both work on ANY Wii besides LU64+.

The boot.dol file was in an apps folder of what I downloaded from Hermes download site, so I placed it the apps folder on my SD card and tried to run it from HomeBrew( I guess the term install was wrong).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...