Hacking cIOS 222 Ver. 5.0

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
yes, this is the best loader imo, lots of original features (never tried USB DVD drive support but this rocks), the backup disc loading feature is also working very good, way better than the messy neogamma (with banner audio support as a bonus)

if this is only for the design (it's wellkwown devs aren't good artists lol), the sourcecode is available for anyone wanting to improve it

adewii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
imo hermes cios and uloader is always ahead of the game and the other loaders are always playing catchup, it might not be pretty but it's functionality is superb.

I've never had a single issue launching any game in uloader other than those that need an alt.dol and i think it was the first loader to include alt.dol functionality straight from the iso file without having to extract the dol, the bca data extract and the external usb dvd drives for those with a d3-2 drive.

Can't knock it myself, will be looking forward to playing with this tomorrow night.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if this sounds noobish to ask, but what exactly does cIOS 222 do?

Further, would this be safe to install along with cIOSCorp? I'm assuming yes, since cIOScorp doesn't seem to install anything in the 200's range that I could find or be aware of.
unsure.gif

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
allows u to play wii games off of a FAT32 or NTFS formatted hard drive

it does not conflict with cioscorp
Alrighty.

Following the directions so far on WeHackWii has me install 222 and 223. Should I install any of the other cIOS's listed? There's also 202 and 224 that it has available to install.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
not sure if v5 is compatible with all usb loaders, if u r using v5, u should know that u are a guinea pig (no risk, but usb loader may not work properly YET).

IOS 202 is for mplayer_ce (and maybe other homebrew?)

224 isn't used in any apps YET

if u just want to get usb loading working, install v4 (not v5), or just follow the guide HERE (kind of weird u r following a wehackwii guide and asking for help on a gbatemp forum... in my opinion, if u want gbatemp help, u should use gbatemp resources if available)

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DVDX doesn't do shit.

and mPlayerCE before would just say "opening stream..." but not open anything.

It's only NOW that I installed cIOS 202 that it actually worked. Pretty crappy playback (screen tearing pretty bad on Get Smart season 1 disc), but it actually works now.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gameshark said:
the great thing about uLoader 4.5b is that you can save your Wii game-saves on an sdcard.

This exactly what im hoping for in Cfg USB Loader. Hint Hint oggzee and co lol

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
nikeymikey said:
gameshark said:
the great thing about uLoader 4.5b is that you can save your Wii game-saves on an sdcard.

This exactly what im hoping for in Cfg USB Loader. Hint Hint oggzee and co lol
Well...
  • Then you should post in the right topic, where the devs can read it...
  • ...but better scratch that. Oggzee stated several times already that he won't do it.
@Topic: I tried uLoader yesterday and man...I got sick
wacko.gif
. What's up with the Images and the Background? They're ugly, and that blinking and flashing makes me want to throw up. The Layout is horrible too...

If it's realy that stable like some people say, it's a pitty that it's so ugly...

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah. It also places them in a nand/1/2/3 folder. If someone adds full nand emu support to his ffs plugin, or added a path option to wanins this could be a nice way to neaten up triiforce nand dumps. And a fully emulated nand on USB2 would stop games destroying your nand by using it as virtual memory and probably be fast enough to make SSBB bareable to play like this too.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
Yeah. It also places them in a nand/1/2/3 folder. If someone adds full nand emu support to his ffs plugin, or added a path option to wanins this could be a nice way to neaten up triiforce nand dumps. And a fully emulated nand on USB2 would stop games destroying your nand by using it as virtual memory and probably be fast enough to make SSBB bareable to play like this too.
Given the nature of USB in general, I wouldn't expect miracles. The fact that USB is still entirely software-reliant for I/O ops and performance means that performance will always be inconsistent to an I/O standard that uses hardware to manage I/O, like firewire.

But that is a moot point here, unless someone can install a 1394 port on the Wii and actually have it work.
lecture.gif

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
3.4 worked like a charm, 4.0 wants me to unplug and plug my hard drive. Sadly, it's gone worse and worse for me each release.

Thanks hermes for this release

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Slimmmmmm said:
Can the Wii game saves be written to/read from USB too ? or only SD card ?

Yes and you can have a blank nand folder on SD or USB and copy saves from the nand to it directly in loader. Also never had disc issues either. Been playing around with Playing backups and Discs full of cisos on external usb dvdrom. Plays everything flawlessly. I like the option of 8 games to a disc aswell
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hell no
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks like a brown recluse
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Fun times lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Property management just be like stop being a little bitch and get bit
    Step one: Put it in the microwave. Step two: get it to bite you. Step three: gain spiderman powers!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Swing from the penis
    +1
  • light27 @ light27:
    what
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mike Jones
  • light27 @ light27:
    someone take away that spider
  • light27 @ light27:
    call sps
    Hey mine helps me in the shower lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We went to a place in a mall where they let you play with some consoles for like an hour
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I choose the nintendo switch and I played smash ultimate and Mario wonder
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    It was fun
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also i'm back at my house
    Smash bros sounds like gay incest lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And Mario Wonder sounds like a Mario with old timers disease walking the streets lost.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shove a gerbil through a tube
    +2
    Warp pipe Ken lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ring actually helped and I didn't have to cuss out the guy in arabic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They help you delete some incriminating videos?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No you asked for proof that your wife was finally leaving
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh I had her chipped, I always know where she is.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I found where it was
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I found where it was +1