Hacking cIOS 222 Ver. 5.0

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well I think Hermes has his own mind and he doesnt care about other usb loaders and cIOS. That makes his uLoader the very best loader in the scene. Unfortunately the GUI is not that good, but its ok

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a good thing that he's pushing newer/better features even if it means the loaders have to play catch-up every now and then.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested v5 with wiiflow (r25) and it works with no problems yet.
yaywii.gif

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
OK i seem to need a little guidance here... Im not going to jump in because I did that before and was wrong about 249 R16 loading from fat when it was USB Loader GX just over riding the settings and using 222 even though it stated it was using 249 but it is regarding the USB loader compatability.

I installed all of the Cios's, 202,222,223,224. using the installer in this thread (V5)

I start USB Loader GX and set it to global 222 and it loads my rock band games OK. Now does USB loader GX revert back to 249 if 222 doesnt work as people seems to be saying 222 is not compatible. Also I just played Glacier 2 and Dirt 2 on Config USB loader (first try of this as I am thinking of making it my main one) and it worked no problem...

Do both these resort to 249 if 222 doesnt work (I have 249 V17). Config states it is loading from 222 -mload when I start the game...

Just wondering...

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
An interesting quote from Hermes (translated with google)

QUOTE said:
perrolipo wrote: the new prices do not go with other loader??? the usb loader cfg does not go with the new prices
I suppose it's good to rev 16 Wanin prices, is something that the loader be made compatible

Hermes:
QUOTEThe new loaders have to adapt, obviously. Anyway, you understand me I do not care too much what others do ...If you get stuck with 38, certainly is the former finding between 36 and 38, which is fit for the new.

But come, I said that it is not necessary to update CIOs Better?Yes, but for now uLoader.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
If you're all unsure if you should install it or not, why not just install IOS224? It won't uninstall rev4 then because that had no IOS224.

What good is that???? It cant be selected in any loader.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt cIOS will work on SNEEK anytime soon, might it be that wanin or hermes do not want to support or do not care or simply can't support SNEEK.
so far there hasn't been a statement about SNEEK support from either one...

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
GolfDude said:
version 5 is not compatible with other loaders it appears.. its been confirmed that it wont work with config loader and it failed loadign games on my usb gx..
works fine on gx latest revs

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
Well I think Hermes has his own mind and he doesnt care about other usb loaders and cIOS. That makes his uLoader the very best loader in the scene. Unfortunately the GUI is not that good, but its ok

You are completely right. I used to be a uloader fan but after noticing Hermes bad mood toward recommendations and his followers supporting every word his say while insulting one wishes almost to the point in banning me because free speech is not allowed "there" I left and arrived in this forum where recommendations and open minded ideas are the rule of the house.

The guy is awesome cannot take that out and I would be a liar if I state otherwise, but his personality is the other way around.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't get it...isn't making sure an USB loader is able to use the latest CIOS the job of the coder of that USB loader?

Now I don't know Spanish, so the fine implications of what he said about other loaders are lost on me, but isn't it normal that you value your own program in favor of someone else's?

Let's say I'm a programmer. I code myself some complex and important piece of code, and then some small applet that uses said code. Furthermore, because I'm a nice guy, I release that piece of code to whomever wants it. And yay...there's someone out there who uses it for applet2.
Then I decide to overhaul the complex code, and update my applet as well. And I yet again release the code for whomever wants it. But then...with all respect for the programmer of applet2, but if he wants to use the updated code, he'll have to make the changes himself.

*is just glad that there are coders out there who just release their work for everyone else to use*

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
keyra said:
GolfDude said:
version 5 is not compatible with other loaders it appears.. its been confirmed that it wont work with config loader and it failed loadign games on my usb gx..

It seems to be the FAT support thats knackered and doesnt do anything if you use WBFS

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Burton said:
WiiBricker said:

You are completely right. I used to be a uloader fan but after noticing Hermes bad mood toward recommendations and his followers supporting every word his say while insulting one wishes almost to the point in banning me because free speech is not allowed "there" I left and arrived in this forum where recommendations and open minded ideas are the rule of the house.

The guy is awesome cannot take that out and I would be a liar if I state otherwise, but his personality is the other way around.

Well he releases his source along with each new version, and is even happy to package forks in with his releases. Why not get in touch with the uLoader Alternative team about them or add the features yourself?

wiistarter said:
keyra said:
QUOTE(GolfDude @ Feb 8 2010, 12:57 AM)

It seems to be the FAT support thats knackered and doesnt do anything if you use WBFS

Is it the custom ehcmodule needed for fat suport in v4 breaking it then?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
cwstjdenobs said:
Burton said:
WiiBricker said:

Well he releases his source along with each new version, and is even happy to package forks in with his releases. Why not get in touch with the uLoader Alternative team about them or add the features yourself?

I agree; hermes is not only one of the most talented hacker/developper in the Wii scene, providing sourcecode for many useful AND innovating applications, libraries, CIOS... but is also one of the most helpful, having written many detailled tutorials on how to use its code, etc (at least in spanish but it's easily translated).

If by "free speech" you mean annoying people with repetitive and lame/noobs requests, I easily understand why you get banned and imo, people like him should not waste their time for this, it's up to other devs to understand how the stuff are evolving, if they can (obviously, it's not as easy as "revamping" the good old USB loader code with a "sexy" GUI)

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uloader does not have an "alternative uloader team" the work is solely of Hermes. That is impressive really. Recently Waninkoko is supporting Hermes but the real genius there is Hermes who can solve problems and errors that Waninkoko can't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.