Cid to Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by GrayFox2510, Oct 29, 2008.

1. GrayFox2510
    OP

GrayFox2510 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2008
    Mexico
    Was wondering if anyone else has managed to make the game work.
    It freezes for me whenever I die, or even if I reach the top of the first dungeon (or at least I believe it's the top). It freezes on a black screen, but the music keeps going.

I tried the official 1.18 firmware, the unofficial 1.19, YSMenu with the latest version, they all do the same thing. For kicks, I even tried doing an Arm7 patch to see what happened, but it was the same.

Is this a similar scenario to what was happening with FF Cyrstal Chronicles in a not-so-subtle way, or just downright firmware incompatibility?

2. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    Have you tried grabbing it from somewhere else just in case you've got a corrupted file?

3. GrayFox2510
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2008
    Mexico
    I can confirm it's the same thing from two different sources, gonna give a third one a shot just for the heck of it.

[EDIT] Yep, same deal.
    And before someone says, I have no cheats on and soft-reset is off.

4. InuYasha

InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

Dec 8, 2007
    United States
    Perhaps it's a problem game?

5. TrolleyDave

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    Nightmare mate, have to tried reading the release thread? If other R4 users are having the same probem they usually post them in there.

edit : Just had a look in there and there's a M3 Simply user complaining of the same probems. Could be a cart incompatability, which sucks. You'll have to wait for a DSTT firmware upgrade to fix the problem, that way you'll be able to run it using YSMenu.

6. GrayFox2510
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2008
    Mexico

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I saw other people with M3 having trouble as well. At least YSMenu is updated fairly regularly, so hopefully it won't take long before I can play it. Thanks.

7. TrolleyDave

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    It's the DSTT firmware that needs to be updated rather than YSMenu as YSMenu uses the patching routines from the DSTT firmware. There's a couple of big name games that don't work with the DSTT now so hopefully there will be an update for it soon.

8. GrayFox2510
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2008
    Mexico
    Oh. Wasn't aware of that. Thanks. XD

9. TrolleyDave

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    Not a problem, glad I could help! How long have you had your R4? I'd seriously consider getting another cart if you can. I replaced my R4 with an EDGE not long ago and couldn't be happier. I tried the DSTT, Acekard 2 and EDGE and prefer the EDGE out of them.

You'll definitely have alot less troube in the future if you get a more modern cart.

10. GrayFox2510
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2008
    Mexico
    I've had it for about a year already; and while I had been thinking about getting another, I don't have the spare money right now.
    So I'll have to make due with it for the time being. :/

11. TrolleyDave

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    Having no cash sucks, I had to sell some orignal carts to get the EDGE. YSMenu has definitely extended the life of the R4 so I think you'll be alright for a while, it's just waiting for DSTT to update their firmware. It used to be pretty regular but they're more focused on fighting clones at the minute. With a couple of big name games not working now though hopefully they'll pull their finger out and get it released.

edit : Thought you'd like to know that DSTT released a new firmware today that fixes this game so if you redo YSMenu with the new DSTT firmware it should work.

12. cosmiccow

cosmiccow Original Hippie

Feb 5, 2008
    Gambia, The