ROM Hack Cid to Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon TWnMDS+ Translation

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found a glitch I believe. I started a new game and was going through the introductory dungeon with Cid. I actually died at the bat boss. The game froze, screen went black and the music kept playing. I had to reset the system and start again.

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
evening said:
I found a glitch I believe. I started a new game and was going through the introductory dungeon with Cid. I actually died at the bat boss. The game froze, screen went black and the music kept playing. I had to reset the system and start again.

QUOTEim sorta having the same problem as evening except i get a black screen when ever enter an area

o.o!
I really have no clue as to why that happens. I've been playing a good while these past few days (ever since I released V3) and have had zero problems.

What flashcard/firmware you two using? Maybe it's part of the AP in the game; especially for the bat one. I can't quite remember, but after defeating that bat and taking the stairs the game would 'freeze' like that as well. I think dying did the same, but not sure.
But I've never encountered the other, seemingly random freezing problem.

Still, the flashcard/firmware thing might answer my doubt.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Another thing I found is in the Black Mage's firaga/thundaga/blizzarga descriptions - the structure of the description is inconsistent and in the thundaga description it says "nrby" (as in nearby), is that because of space restriction ?

The description for the "Lng kick collar" kick "twice as hard" is that suppose to be a double dmg thing because I didn't see any effects from the collar.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
evening said:

Wasn't that part of the copy protection? I can't remember exactly, but I think the (original, japanese, untranslated) game froze when you died.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OuTee said:
Is the story translated (if there is any) or only menus, items, etc.?

No, the story isn't translated and I don't think it's going to be...

But if you want the story, check out the wii version, which was officially released in english. I think the story is pretty much the same.

I'm playing the Wii version now and apart from the english VA (a bit over-acted, and pauses between each line), it's reeaaally fun
biggrin.gif

Whistle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GrayFox2510 said:
evening said:

QUOTEim sorta having the same problem as evening except i get a black screen when ever enter an area

o.o!
I really have no clue as to why that happens. I've been playing a good while these past few days (ever since I released V3) and have had zero problems.

What flashcard/firmware you two using? Maybe it's part of the AP in the game; especially for the bat one. I can't quite remember, but after defeating that bat and taking the stairs the game would 'freeze' like that as well. I think dying did the same, but not sure.

I'm using Wood R4 1.08
also i never required an AP patch since the firmware already had a fix for it
seems to only occur when i enter the water dungeon

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
pitman said:
Another thing I found is in the Black Mage's firaga/thundaga/blizzarga descriptions - the structure of the description is inconsistent and in the thundaga description it says "nrby" (as in nearby), is that because of space restriction ?

The description for the "Lng kick collar" kick "twice as hard" is that suppose to be a double dmg thing because I didn't see any effects from the collar.

Space issues, yes.
Kicking items have a distance limit, can't remember how many spaces, but it's there.
The collar doubles the length. You can easily test this in a whole-floor Monster House.

As for the freezing I just remembered something. In the intro dungeon, you can't actually die.
Whenever you get below half your HP, Cid will recover you.
This, however, didn't happen if the anti-piracy was in effect.

I thought that since the Game ID had changed, that might have something to do with it, but it's working perfectly fine on my flashcard.
Try updating your cheat database for this game's cheats by updating the Game ID linked to it with the one resulting from the patch, then enable the Anti-Piracy fix, see if that does something.
I honestly can't think of anything else.

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GrayFox2510 said:
evening said:

o.o!

I'm using an R4 clone with the R4 SDHC Kernel v1.34. This has the option of using Pandora, their take on YSmenu, but I was just using the regular 1.34 kernel. Also this is the 3rd time I was playing this game, but this is the only time I've come across this problem. I hope the info helps.

badmonkey32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not seen any crashes with the latest patch. I'm finished with the light dungeon, and have most of the challenge dungeons completed too. I'm playing it on an original R4 with Wood 1.08.

Also I found a list of all of the phrases...
http://www.digiplankton.com/webboard/index...?showtopic=3392
I believe the site is Thai, but the phases are in Japanese.

QUOTE said:
???????? / ???????? /?????:????????
??????? / ?????????? /???:???
????????? /????????? /??????:??????
???????? /??????? /???????:?????
????????? /????????/ ????:???
?????????? /??????? /????:??
????????? /??????? /?????:??????
????????/ ?????? / ?????:????????
????????/ ??????? /??????:????
???????????/ ??????? / ???????:??????
????????/ ??????? / ??????:???????
???????? / ??????? / ???:????
?????????? / ??????? / ???:????
????????? / ??????? /??????:?????????
???????? / ??????? /???????:?????????
??????1 / ?????? / ?????:???
??????2 / ??????? / ??:??
??????3 /????? / ????:????
??????4 / ??????? / ???:??????
??????5 / ?????? / ??????:?????
??????6 / ??????? /???:???
??????7 ?????? /???:???
?????????? /??????? /?????:?????
??HP / ?????(?????????????)???? / ????????:????

# Romantic Phrase ????? ????? Job HERO X ????? >> ???????X??

NEW !! # UPDATE Romantic Phrase ??? Official Site >> ?????????? ?????????? ?????:???????? (11/8)
It's not much help yet, but If I can figure out what part of that is the phrase to type in I'll post more.

**edited so not to double post**

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to let you know I restarted the game using Pandora and got past the introduction dungeon. This time when I was low on health Cid healed me instead of letting me die. It does look like it was AP kicking in but I can't figure out why it happened this time and not before. Oh well, I'm just happy it's working now and also thanks again for your translation. It definitely makes the game much more playable.

pitman

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I would have never guessed it since I tried Cid's dungeon once, reached level 28 then died only to realize the level has been reset to 1 and wouldn't have bothered touching the dungeon until much later, Thanks..

pitman

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
badmonkey32 said:
I believe this is where you need to play as Cid to build the airship.

I just don't know what to do, I keep playing with Cid until I'm bored or killed (because I think I can take on mid-bosses in the Duel Room
sad.gif
), how many floors do I have to go through until I get an airship ?

Does Cid any other abilities other then the 3-way beam/spear ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...