Hacking Choosing a flash card

lolcakesss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,
I need a new flash card. My old r4 is broken and i can't decide on which flash card.
Which is the best flashcard currently on the market for the nintendo ds lite?

*Im looking for compatibility , features and cool/good GUI and stuff like that.
cool.gif

Thankss

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The best cart is the cycloDS. M3 is another great cart. The third one with all features is Supercard ds one but its GUI is a bit slower.
The rest (acekard2.1, edge, ...) have less features, but are cheaper too so you decide

floobmonsrake

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cyclo ds if real time save slow motion and in game text reader appeal to you. Oh and cyclo ds is extremly expensive for a lash cart.

Acekard 2/i if you plan on getting a dsi ever. If you like a sleek GUI with good game compatability. Its cheap. Not too many features but has all the neccisary ones.

I reccomend acekard 2.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The best flash card for the DS Lite is the CycloDS. It has the most features and compatibility, but keep in mind that it is significantly more expensive than the alternatives.

Andytoxic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.credge.audio
XP
Country
Russia
I recommend you to buy an AceKard 2 if you want a very good low budget card with many features through custom firmwares and support of sdhc cards up to 32gb or an AceKard RPG, it can run the custom firmware AKAIO as well and it has a built in NAND memory of 1gbyte and a sd slot for microSDHC cards up to 32gb. The NAND flash can be acessed through a mini USB cable and the micro SD thorugh a micro sd reader. It is good that the firmware of the AceKards is openSource, because if years later the AceKard Team is dead someone can still develop a custom firmware for this wonderful card. I have both of those for 1 and a half years now and they are working perfect, the gui is a little bit windows-like, with the start button and windows, you can change skins that you can find on skin.acekard.com and in the gbatemp.net downloads, you can cheat and play gba games with an ez flash 3in1 that is plugged in in your slot 2 of ds lite. ANother cool thing is, when you have an AceKard RPG you can copy files between the NAND flash and the microSD card, in this way you can copy a game for you friend that has a flashcard in seconds, both cards also support ds download play really good and homebrew is running perfect.

Another card would be a Supercard DS one, I don't have one of them, I only have a Slot2 supercard, but from what i've heard the gui is really slow. Then there is also a M3 real that comes with a rumble ram pack and a gba pack in the package as deluxe edition and you can make m3 skaura on it. I don't know more about this card because I don't own it. I wouldn't recommend to get any R4 fake or sth else because they are really bad clones and some of them can simply break your DS

lolcakesss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all your great replies. I think I'm going for an acekard because cyclods a way too expensive for a flash card.
yaynds.gif

edit: which is the best between an acekard 2, an acekard rpg and an acekard i if im never gonna get a dsi?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs