Choosing a flash card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by lolcakesss, Jun 18, 2009.

Jun 18, 2009

Choosing a flash card by lolcakesss at 10:01 AM (1,005 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. lolcakesss
    OP

Newcomer lolcakesss Newbie

Australia
    Hey,
    I need a new flash card. My old r4 is broken and i can't decide on which flash card.
    Which is the best flashcard currently on the market for the nintendo ds lite?

*Im looking for compatibility , features and cool/good GUI and stuff like that. [​IMG]

Thankss

2. kenman1

Member kenman1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you go thur the boards you would find just pick acekard if your on a buget

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    The best cart is the cycloDS. M3 is another great cart. The third one with all features is Supercard ds one but its GUI is a bit slower.
    The rest (acekard2.1, edge, ...) have less features, but are cheaper too so you decide

4. floobmonsrake

Newcomer floobmonsrake Advanced Member

United States
    Cyclo ds if real time save slow motion and in game text reader appeal to you. Oh and cyclo ds is extremly expensive for a lash cart.

Acekard 2/i if you plan on getting a dsi ever. If you like a sleek GUI with good game compatability. Its cheap. Not too many features but has all the neccisary ones.

I reccomend acekard 2.

5. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The best flash card for the DS Lite is the CycloDS. It has the most features and compatibility, but keep in mind that it is significantly more expensive than the alternatives.

6. Andytoxic

Newcomer Andytoxic Advanced Member

Germany
    I recommend you to buy an AceKard 2 if you want a very good low budget card with many features through custom firmwares and support of sdhc cards up to 32gb or an AceKard RPG, it can run the custom firmware AKAIO as well and it has a built in NAND memory of 1gbyte and a sd slot for microSDHC cards up to 32gb. The NAND flash can be acessed through a mini USB cable and the micro SD thorugh a micro sd reader. It is good that the firmware of the AceKards is openSource, because if years later the AceKard Team is dead someone can still develop a custom firmware for this wonderful card. I have both of those for 1 and a half years now and they are working perfect, the gui is a little bit windows-like, with the start button and windows, you can change skins that you can find on skin.acekard.com and in the gbatemp.net downloads, you can cheat and play gba games with an ez flash 3in1 that is plugged in in your slot 2 of ds lite. ANother cool thing is, when you have an AceKard RPG you can copy files between the NAND flash and the microSD card, in this way you can copy a game for you friend that has a flashcard in seconds, both cards also support ds download play really good and homebrew is running perfect.

Another card would be a Supercard DS one, I don't have one of them, I only have a Slot2 supercard, but from what i've heard the gui is really slow. Then there is also a M3 real that comes with a rumble ram pack and a gba pack in the package as deluxe edition and you can make m3 skaura on it. I don't know more about this card because I don't own it. I wouldn't recommend to get any R4 fake or sth else because they are really bad clones and some of them can simply break your DS

7. lolcakesss
    OP

Newcomer lolcakesss Newbie

Australia
    Thanks for all your great replies. I think I'm going for an acekard because cyclods a way too expensive for a flash card.
    [​IMG]

edit: which is the best between an acekard 2, an acekard rpg and an acekard i if im never gonna get a dsi?

8. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Acekard2.1 (every shop that says 2 will actually give a 2.1)