Homebrew CHMM - Custom HomeMenu Manager

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please upload a chmm.smdh that works with IronHax/TubeHax?
LFqkRJ.png

here: https://u.teknik.io/0LisX7.zip

Reactions: [Truth]

Luislos70

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem... I try to open the CHMM, it goes to a red screen (on the bottom screen) for a second and then returns to the hombrew launcher. I don't know what i am doing wrong, i tried renaming the file to CHMM, to boot, and tried the "fixed" one but it doesn't work for me.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an "Error: [string "?"]:91: error writing file" error.

I've used custom themes before, yesterday, they worked fine.

Paid DLC themes work nearly fine, been using those for a while.

Upon using them, though, and either resetting the system or, closing/reopening the DS, it goes back to no theme.

Edit: FW OLD 9.9, Ironhax, and .3DSX.

Last edited by CeeDee,

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an "Error: [string "?"]:91: error writing file" error.

I've used custom themes before, yesterday, they worked fine.

Paid DLC themes work nearly fine, been using those for a while.

Upon using them, though, and either resetting the system or, closing/reopening the DS, it goes back to no theme.
Same but Error 81 here.

Running on rxTools, emunand 9.9 and installed the CIA.
-EDIT-
OMG Super obvious. I hadn't been in the 'themes' yet so I didn't have the data on my SD card. I went to themes, just picked 'black' and then ran CHMH...now I could install. Total derp on my part, at least for error 81

Last edited by Megaben99,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also tried Yellows8's tool to change the extdata to both normal and persistent, with no luck.

Really unsure on what to do.

Edit: Deleted and redownloaded the free Sonic Boom theme. That at least allowed my theme to stay after power off. Didn't solve the error 91 code at all, and if that error occurs, the system starts doing the theme-reset-on-shutdown again.

Last edited by CeeDee,

TrainerAbu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that error string error writing file error, the first time when I tried installing a custom theme while I was already using an eshop-bought Fantasy Zone theme.

I tried CHMM with no theme on, and it works now. :D

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a black screen with TubeHax + CHMM 1.5. Is it because I have a themes folder in the same directory as the .3dsx file + a themes folder on the root?

I"m both a tubehax and ninjhax user. I'm just lazy to grab CN so I got tubehax :P

R0ry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I made a theme, and my files are bgm.bcstm and body_BZ.bin. I put them in their folder, but when I try to load them it gives me this:
Error: [string"?"]:91: error writing f'
I had the free Sonic Boom theme on. I tried with the Black one and there was no error, but the was no theme as well. What do I do?

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the nice theme manager! I couldn't get BGM to work with the default theme changer, but after a bit of fiddling it works great with this!
Important: It works for me if I first change my theme to the black default theme. I assume the white default would work too? But if I first select the free Sonic Boom theme as normally suggested I get error 91 and the theme doesn't install.
Using the black theme to install over, the custom theme persists through reboots and sleep mode. Very cool! Now if only Tubehax would start more consistently... I'm getting about 50/50 chances.

R0ry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, it stopped giving me the error, now it simply says "Installing theme", but no theme is installed.

Kygen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, it stopped giving me the error, now it simply says "Installing theme", but no theme is installed.

Same as me. Hope someone can solve it for us. I'm surely dumb because maybe it's not bin that I have to put in.

EDIT : Okay okay. Now. It works. How. The f*ck. ._.

Last edited by Kygen,

Kygen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe here, I can help you. If you use YATA+ (here, below the post, click on the latest version in ZIP= https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-yet-another-theme-application-plus-yata-3ds-theme-editor.393355/ ), when you have finished configure your screens (top/bottom, all that you want), add a bgm in .bcstm with File ===> Load BGM. Save it, and put the .bin you have obtain in your file Theme on your SD card, which is normally present on the root.

Then load the theme on CHMM, and reboot your 3DS. If you have not the BGM, then return to YATA and in theme settings, disable "enable use of BGM". Save it, do it as before and test. Normally it would works.

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
So a way to fix the Error: [string "?"]:91: error writing file error thingy, all you have to do is remove the bgm from the theme folder, install your theme, then once it's installed, put your bgm back into the theme folder and then try to install the theme, you will get the same error but your theme will work in the end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo