Homebrew CHMM - Custom HomeMenu Manager

Damin72

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello guys! Today, i installed Ironhax and i wanted to install CHMM, but my Hombrew Launcher does not see this homebrew. I try with original boot.3dsx and modified boot.3dsx, but this does not matter, because in both situation HL does not see... =( Help me anybody.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys! Today, i installed Ironhax and i wanted to install CHMM, but my Hombrew Launcher does not see this homebrew. I try with original boot.3dsx and modified boot.3dsx, but this does not matter, because in both situation HL does not see... =( Help me anybody.
You must make sure that you have the folder name the same as .3dsx, so make the folder CHMM (inside of the 3ds folder at root, that is) and then put the chmm.3dsx file in that. It should now show up in launcher. The 3ds folder at root is where you will be putting any homebrews.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
SD:/3ds/CHMM/CHMM.3dsx
EDIT: Ninja'd!

Damin72

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You must make sure that you have the folder name the same as .3dsx, so make the folder CHMM (inside of the 3ds folder at root, that is) and then put the chmm.3dsx file in that. It should now show up in launcher. The 3ds folder at root is where you will be putting any homebrews.
Thanks. Now, my HL see. =D

Reactions: SomeGamer

jhess mina

Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys gud am im having problem showing up the Preview thing when choosing a themes. but all and all its working properly except Preview inside CHMM 1.5 and i notice theres no icon for CHMM its just gray with "?" but its run and install any themes. im using NN3dsXL latest version exploit tubehax.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
hi guys gud am im having problem showing up the Preview thing when choosing a themes. but all and all its working properly except Preview inside CHMM 1.5 and i notice theres no icon for CHMM its just gray with "?" but its run and install any themes. im using NN3dsXL latest version exploit tubehax.
For previews to display in CHMM 1.5, press Y!
For CHMM icon to display in The Homebrew Launcher, get the CHMM.smdh file!

Distressed_DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me? CHMM runs fine. I can see the previews of both the themes and the bgm. However, as soon as I load the theme, the BGM doesn't play. It is under 3 MB, and is a .bcstm file. I tried the WAV to BCSTM converter, and tried WAV to BRSTM to BCSTM. Even with that, it still will not load. Can anyone help? Thanks.

jhess mina

Trophies
XP
Country
For previews to display in CHMM 1.5, press Y!
For CHMM icon to display in The Homebrew Launcher, get the CHMM.smdh file!

Thank you for quick reply. Later ill download the missing file. Nid to sleep first :) thnk you again

Edit: do you know any homebrew name that edit files inside homebrew channel? Its like ifile,iexplorer : file browser homebrew that has editing capabilities? Can edit delete copy n paste thing

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for quick reply. Later ill download the missing file. Nid to sleep first :) thnk you again

Edit: do you know any homebrew name that edit files inside homebrew channel? Its like ifile,iexplorer : file browser homebrew that has editing capabilities? Can edit delete copy n paste thing

Sunshell has the most advanced filebrowser you can find for 3DS.

Kygen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all ! First, thank you for your work, Rinnegatamante ! It's very apreciable to have the possibility to put customs themes.

I came up here because I have a problem, and I didn't find reply to it amidst all the thread here.

So, I did install CHMM correctly, I use Tubehax with my 3DS XL (old firmware). I can run CHMM and reach my files. However, when I try to install it, it doesn't. I push A and back to my menu but nothing more than the default theme. Someone told me that I have to convert my JPG pictures to BMP but, same. Here's some puush screens of my SD card.

http://puu.sh/jF3pE/4a8fc1b1d0.png
http://puu.sh/jF3x0/fcafd0d157.png

I obviously screw up on the format, I think, but why for some reason, the other guy who told me I had just to convert in BMP has got a working theme and isn't the same for me ? Do I need a fix resolution, maybe, or have I to convert in another format ?

Thanks. Best regards.

PS : I've already tried with JPG, GIF, BMP, TGA and PNG.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all ! First, thank you for your work, Rinnegatamante ! It's very apreciable to have the possibility to put customs themes.

I came up here because I have a problem, and I didn't find reply to it amidst all the thread here.

So, I did install CHMM correctly, I use Tubehax with my 3DS XL (old firmware). I can run CHMM and reach my files. However, when I try to install it, it doesn't. I push A and back to my menu but nothing more than the default theme. Someone told me that I have to convert my JPG pictures to BMP but, same. Here's some puush screens of my SD card.

http://puu.sh/jF3pE/4a8fc1b1d0.png
http://puu.sh/jF3x0/fcafd0d157.png

I obviously screw up on the format, I think, but why for some reason, the other guy who told me I had just to convert in BMP has got a working theme and isn't the same for me ? Do I need a fix resolution, maybe, or have I to convert in another format ?

Thanks. Best regards.

PS : I've already tried with JPG, GIF, BMP, TGA and PNG.

Themes have particular format. To create your themes you must create a new one through hex editing or using popular themes creator like YATA+.

Chaosl

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ! I have some problems, when I want to put a theme with CHMM, it works fine, but when I go to the home menu, I have the default theme instead of the one I applied.

Edit : I tried with Monster Hunter theme from a guy in this topic (can't remember the name, sorry) and the Sleepy Jirachi's theme. And on some theme I have the error :

"Error: [string "?"]:81: error writing file

Press A to restart
Press B to exit."

Last edited by Chaosl,

Kygen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oooooooooooook, thank you, so.

Chaos, I think you have the same trouble than me, you should look the precedent post.

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
Im getting Error 91: error writing theme
The themes work and arnt corrupt (tested on my O3DS XL)
CHMM 1.5, IronHax.

About error 91 Make sure these :
When you boot up your 3DS (what ever the version new or old that the same)
Change the theme to White or black.
Then launch CHMM and try to install your tell.
I used to have that error only because of that. :)

Reactions: goober

Kygen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Me again.

So, I used YATA+ to do my theme, it gave me a .bin. Do I have to put it right in the folder ? Basically, what's the format to have, in the end, please ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay