Homebrew CHMM - Custom HomeMenu Manager

Lenan

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
My mistake. When I saw the abbreviation "sdmc" on the op, I mistook that as meaning sd micro card.

5090466+_c2b2d55434daabdaa643661efc19f086.jpg

What does it actually stand for?

Riff89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5090466+_c2b2d55434daabdaa643661efc19f086.jpg

What does it actually stand for?

that is a good question. Perhaps one better suited for the OP. Also, can the 3DS home screenshot ability be used to make the previews for themes? Just change the file extension on computer?

PokeBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both the bgm.bcstm and body_LZ.bin in my theme folder on my SD card but when the theme is insalling, this error message pops up. How do I fix this?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    54.6 KB · Views: 275

bigcookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both the bgm.bcstm and body_LZ.bin in my theme folder on my SD card but when the theme is insalling, this error message pops up. How do I fix this?

I just ran into this problem, I'm using the CIA version on Gateway Emunand 9.5. My installation was correct, I fixed the error by letting clicking the "Change theme" button on the home screen (I hadn't done ever before on this system prior).

As to OP, maybe you want to add this step to the original post as I got really confused and couldn't figure out what was wrong with my installation for a while.

Reactions: obs123194

PokeBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ran into this problem, I'm using the CIA version on Gateway Emunand 9.5. My installation was correct, I fixed the error by letting clicking the "Change theme" button on the home screen (I hadn't done ever before on this system prior).

As to OP, maybe you want to add this step to the original post as I got really confused and couldn't figure out what was wrong with my installation for a while.

I did that but the theme is still not changing to my custom background

PokeBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nevermind I got it to work, its wierd, I changed the theme and reset my 3ds.

Lenan

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
that is a good question. Perhaps one better suited for the OP. Also, can the 3DS home screenshot ability be used to make the previews for themes? Just change the file extension on computer?

yes, just save it as preview.png and put it in your theme folder.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
..( edit )... so now, black screen! ..:unsure: .. i cant even boot the console, it stays black..:wacko:

BUT when i remove the microSD it boots just fine.. what should i do? (..other than format the microSD!..)

EDIT: which file exactly is the theme's cache in the microSD? i dont want to delete the entire extdata folder, just the file that will kinda reset my current theme..

EDIT2: nevermind.. i found its 000002cd..i deleted it and it was okay..sorry for this unecessary post :shit:
:grog:

Reactions: cvskid

Lenan

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
He was trying to clarify where to put the theme folder.
People kept asking if he means the GW mSD card or the internal SD card, but he clearly mentions SD, not mSD.

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
You can load official themes, you need to convert them to the same format as the custom themes. There is a tool that does this somewhere around here...

Reactions: SLiV3R

RuneFang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I have the stuff, I have the two saved (It's actually just saving them as what they're named so It'll be body_LZ.bin etc.) and I followed along, it says installing or whatever, then the installing thing goes away and then it's blank or whatever, and then I click start to cancel and then it's not in my theme list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare